Paulius

Reaction score
Id love to pugzo, bnc just trying to see what my ass taste like i guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i really think we should at least get back to basketball talk for the time being.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
does anybody read anything, ever?

that's who fits the celtics best, not who is the best

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
None of those guys are wings who can't shoot, I'm not sure how they'd fit

BNC

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:

Why is Blake a better fit than Jimmy? Blake seems like he is a lot more difficult to build around because of the way his game has developed

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Blake's game is tailor made for the Celtics offensive system actually. He really could have been 1-4 on this list 

Boston's offense is for the bigs to set high picks, either for off-ball screening to get shooters like Crowder and Bradley open shots, or to run the pick and roll/pop. The big man's ability to hit the long twos and threes is vital to the Celtics success, because otherwise teams would clog the paint on Isaiah's drives. Boston also loves to run iso-post ups as a setup to pass the ball, either for a diving layup from the weakside or for the open three when the defense collapses in. 

Blake fits everything the Celtics want offensively. The only reason he'd be as low on the list is that he's not the strongest defender (but at the same time, is he that much worse than Amir Johnson?), and that in a small-ball scenario one of him or Horford would have to sit on the bench. 

You could put Blake 4th if you wanted to, you could put him 2nd even. I think Hayward would be a star with Brad Stevens again, and he'd be my #1 option (especially since he's a very legitimate possibility to come this offseason). I've said before -- Butler is better in an iso-based offense, and thats the opposite of what Boston does. He's a great player, and I bet Stevens could make it work easily, but he fits in the worst with the team currently. He's also probably the hardest to acquire of the four by a lot

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
heyward is destined for superstardom. im glad i was a fan before everyone else

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
Hayward isn't leaving Utah
If he qualifies for the DPVE then Utah is going to have a significant cap issue coming soon. 

Hayward and George Hill are FAs this year. The year later Favors, Exum, and Hood are FAs too. Thats 5 of the top 6 players on the team needing new contracts in a two year span (lucky for them they already locked up Gobert). They're a team on the rise, for sure, but they can't compete yet with Golden State. And paying Hayward $207M next year to have a fighters chance at making the WCF for a small market team might not be the best way to build a franchise. Its a similar situation that Boston will have starting next year that Utah has now -- you are succeeding because you have a lot of good players playing below market value, and when their contracts expire many of them will be asking to be paid 2-3x as much money on an annual basis. Like the Celtics will have to with Isaiah, the Jazz are going to have to make a decision about how to properly allocate their money to remain competitive for the long term. Paying Hayward the DPVE max could mean they don't have the finances to retain lower pieces like Rodney Hood or George Hill

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
And don't say teams won't factor that in -- the Kings literally just traded Demarcus Cousins because of that. Boogie is on record saying he wanted to sign a max with Sacramento, but they clearly thought he wasn't worth being paid $209M/5yr

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So a these rules set in place for small market teams to keep their stars are going to accomplish the exact opposite

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Guys are usually pretty quiet about their actual contracts
Sure we'll get reports that some guys feel disrespected with their deal compared to others. John wall comes to mind
But in public they dont really talk about how much they make
Even if its a guy saying he took less to come to a team. Still no $$$ figures spoken, just the overall

The other day at shaqs statue unveiling he actually did bring up money

He said he was ready to sign for 98 and then heard alonzo was getting 115 so he and his agent went back to jerry west and asked for 150
Then jerry called him to his hotel with 7/128 and he was ready to sign

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ill always love backstage talks
Any info on the inside of front offices/players and im hooked

Paulius

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:

WRONG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%