2015 NFL Playoffs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonByAir

Reaction score
My favorite analysis in all of this comes from Colts TE Dwayne Allen, "They could of played with soap for balls and beat us. Simply the better team."

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Heard that the other day, but it has nothing to do with not being a Patriot. It's the fact that he admitted it and the Pats won't, and even laughed it off, and told the Ravens last week they need to "read the rule book" - THAT is why it's a big deal. 

Because they're liars, because they've broken the league rules before, because Belichick is so quiet and secretive about everything he does, because he's mr Douchey Doucherson, the doubt is going to be on them. 

And because this is leading up to the Super Bowl, which they are playing in, which is the biggest sporting event of the year. It could be the Broncos or the Giants or the Cowboys or the Steelers and it would blow up right now. It's because of the stage, and because they've broken rules again. So let's not act like the world is ganging up on the Patriots or some shit. 

TTN2810

Reaction score
Anyone who knows anything about football agrees it's a non story. Former players have came out and said every single team tampers with the footballs. No one in the league cares. Fans/media fuss because it's the Patriots.

It's the same situation as the Hawks mauling opposing WRs, really. They push the limit until the refs make a choice to stop it. They will force the ref to throw the flag every time, and they know the ref won't, so they take advantage of it. It's how the league works, and no one calls the Hawks cheaters. They do what it takes to win, until the league steps in. How's it any different?

Just to add some sources:

"Every team tampers with the footballs. Ask any Qb In the league, this is ridiculous!!" - Matt Lienart

From John Glennon's Twitter: NFL Network's Mike Mayock on whether too much being made of #deflategate: "Absolutely. Absolutely. To me, that's a non-story."

Colts TE Dwayne Allen on #deflategate: 'They could have played with soap for balls and beat us'

As for the rulebook thing, it's moot. Every team tampers with the footballs. The Pats just got caught. Which, was the same as Spygate. Every team did it, fans don't want to admit it, even though former coaches like Bill Cower and Jimmie Johnson publicly admitted it.

In the past the Colts were caught pumping crowd noise into their dome. Why didn't anyone care? Because it was Peyton Manning and the Colts, not Tom Brady and the Patriots.

The hate these guys get is stupid.

EDIT
The fact that part of your argument is that Bill is "mr Douchey Doucherson" really makes it come off as biased as fuck, too. Why are we disregarding them because the coach is perceived by some as a douche? Ridiculous.

And no, it wouldn't blow up if it was a different team. Like Mayock and Lienart agree, it's a non story. The media has just freaked out about it because it's the Pats.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
My point is he acts like a dick, he's cheated before, and yes the league is serious about this.

And the main reason this blew up is because it's leading up to the super bowl.

Stop acting like the whole fucking world is out to get you guys. If this happened to the ravens it would blow up too

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
And yes, when the coach acts like an arrogant prick all the time, and an accusation comes up, people are going to assume he's guilty. Not to mention he has been caught cheating before, so the public & the media are not going to give him the benefit of the doubt. Why is anyone surprised by that?

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
And because other teams and QB tamper with the ball makes this an even bigger story. How can you just be like "oh, it's ok, everyone else is doing it"

Maybe they shouldn't be. Maybe the league should start providing the balls 5 mins before kickoff.

Don't throw bricks at glass houses. Someone should tell Leinart.

PS. I couldnt care less who was responsible for this or not. Ive never like bill so thats why I call him Doucherson. Ive always referred to him as that, because thats what he is. Idk if I ever called him that on here, but I call him that off SI.

I'm more upset that over the last few days more and more has come out about how the QBs prepare the balls, etc. The process is mindblowingly stupid and flawed. Each team brings 12 footballs... what is this, pop warner?

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
brady said he just prefers his balls a certain way.

:lol:

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score

“Deflategate” is swirling around coach Bill Belichick as he prepares his Patriots for Super Bowl XLIX on Feb. 1, but a former NFL coach says somebody else should be to blame.

Former NFL coach John Madden, who won Super Bowl XI with the Raiders, said quarterback Tom Brady should be held responsible in the case of the deflated footballs.

“[Deflating the footballs] would have to be driven by the quarterback,” he told The Sports Xchange on Wednesday. “That’s something that wouldn’t be driven by a coach or just the equipment guy. Nobody, not even the head coach, would do anything to the football unilaterally, such as adjust the amount of pressure in a ball, without the quarterback not knowing. It would have to be the quarterback’s idea.”

Though many are blaming Belichick for the subterfuge that resulted in 11 out of 12 footballs being deflated to two pounds per square inch below the standard level, Madden — who serves as a consultant to commissioner Roger Goodell — said Belichick should not be blamed.

“Yeah, I believe him,” Madden said. “I can see — you hate to make examples of what you can see because that sounds like you are accusing someone — but I can see that being between the quarterback and the equipment guy.”

So since this comes from a former coach, I'll give Belichick the benefit of the doubt right now. But now my attention turns to Brady. 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We need to stop putting 'gate' at the end of every scandal. Watergate wasn't a scandal based on faulty water lines. 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
"This isn't ISIS. Nobodies dying" 

That's Tom Brady being the best

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
elcheato said:
"This isn't ISIS. Nobodies dying" 

That's Tom Brady being the best
i wasn't for sure if he said isis or not.

class act alright.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Love how Scientists are chiming in on this. 

https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/559814692936237057

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bill nye did a video on this ha.

the nfl is reportedly "zeroing in on a suspect who made his way to the lockeroom and deflated the balls".

oh, so they know they're guilty but instead covering up with a random person pulling a prank? that's what i take from that. now, i didn't read the article though lol

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
apparently there's a video of someone taking them and deflating them before taking them back out.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Not at all surprised they found something, and I won't be surprised if they get off easy with a fine & maybe a 2nd round pick lost by making this kid the fall guy. 

Actually I kind of hope they interrogate Bill. Just interrogate the crap out of him until he cracks. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FnO3igOkOk

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Just tried out Bovoda for the first time

Put $25 on Dont'a Hightower winning MVP at 100/1 odds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%