2015 NFL Playoffs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Please check the trophy ball for air pressure, someone, anyone, please.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Goodell's speech sounds a little slurred.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
How is Butler not the damn MVP? Without him making that play they blow that game.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dan Patrick legitimately thought Gronk was on those past super bowl teams lol

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
elcheato said:
Dan Patrick legitimately thought Gronk was on those past super bowl teams lol
Do you remember how it felt watching the Pats win the Super Bowl when you were still in Middle school?

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Someone just reminded me that the Seahawks came out to Bittersweet Symphony. Oh, the irony...

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Worst play call in football history goes to Darrel Bevel. Surprise surprise. Dumbass showed his true colors.

I can imagine passing if you have no time outs, but into traffic? And the Seahawks can't even be mad that the dude got there early. That gets let go all the time because it's bang bang and way too close to make any kind of call. What were they thinking? That was a lose lose situation. Either it's incomplete or picked. The only good part of that play is that Seattle was trying to go to their best receiver (Lockette). That's the only smart part of that play.

Hopefully analysts have seen over these playoffs how far Russell Wilson needs to go to even fall into the category of great quarterback. He is not a great quarterback. He has played significantly better quarterbacks the last two weeks, and let's not pretend that he's much better than Cam Newton, either. Dude is not separated from the pack of good to great QB's at all. It's time for the media to get off his dick and start sending all their praise to the guys who deserve it--Sherman, Azog, Thomas, Wagner, Bennett, etc, and Lynch on offense.

There's no question now that Richard Sherman is the best corner in football. Dude has separated himself by a fairly significant margin, in my eyes. I also don't think Revis has ever been the same player post ACL tear, so that's probably part of it.

Go home, Russell Wilson. Forget about being a head coach, Darrell Bevel. You can spit out that fucking gum, Pete Carroll.

Belichick wore a hoody and the sleeves weren't cut. What the fuck?

Can Tom Brady please retire?

Can Bruce Irvin please learn some class?

Can Jermaine Kearse be relegated to 4th or 5th receiver and special teamer?

Can Marshawn Lynch be called the best running back in football, finally? 

Where do the Seahawks go from here in order to get better? 3 keys, in my opinion. Improve the OL. Make Lockette, Richardson, and Matthews their top 3 wideouts, and find some CB depth so Thorvald Simon doesn't lose you the game by being significantly worse than his teammates.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I'm surprised you think Lynch is better than Murray.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There are a lot of things wrong with that rant, but the most glaring one is actually believing that Pete Carroll wasn't the one who made that play call. He runs the entire franchise, there is no way he wasn't making crucial calls. 

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
I'm surprised you think Lynch is better than Murray.

Murray fumbles the football and has a history of injuries that will come into play again. Lynch is my favorite running back and has been since the first Beastquake.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
elcheato said:
There are a lot of things wrong with that rant, but the most glaring one is actually believing that Pete Carroll wasn't the one who made that play call. He runs the entire franchise, there is no way he wasn't making crucial calls. 

Doesn't matter who made the call. It was a terrible call. Even if Pete did make it, which I doubt as he seems a mostly hands off coach with his coordinators (and it mostly works, obviously). Darrell Bevel is a terrible offensive coordinator and has been for years. That was an awful call. Not even Brad Childress would have done that.

The only other part of that rant that might be "wrong" is my plea for Tom Brady to retire. Everything else I said is observable fact. Russell Wilson is not great and gets all that credit that his teammates deserve. Marshawn Lynch is the best back in the game and if you don't want to give any player that concrete title, you best include Lynch in that discussion. Jermaine Kearse is fucking awful, as is Doug Baldwin. Seattle has 3 much better receivers behind those two on the depth chart. Obviously, Richardson is hurt but he'll come back. 

Think about this. If Seattle wins on that Lockette play, Matthews probably gets Super Bowl MVP. He consistently made huge plays in this game. He was pretty much single-handedly responsible as to why Seattle was in the game in the first place.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I refuse to call Sherman the best corner until he puts a WR on an island. it's probably not even his call because he's clearly got a big enough ego to want to lock down on one guy an entire game. 

He should have been on Edelman for every snap in that second half. Edelman was tearing up the left side of the field all night. 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Edelman is a slot receiver, you don't put your #1 CB as the nickle corner, because they a) they don't play that play style, b) a lot of the time they're simply not quick enough to deal with slot guys. You won't see any #1 corner take the clear slot guy often, because that forces you to play your nickle corners on the outside or back ups, and they will probably get demolished. 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
elcheato said:
Edelman is a slot receiver, you don't put your #1 CB as the nickle corner, because they a) they don't play that play style, b) a lot of the time they're simply not quick enough to deal with slot guys. You won't see any #1 corner take the clear slot guy often, because that forces you to play your nickle corners on the outside or back ups, and they will probably get demolished. 
except Revis was on Baldwin in the slot the whole game

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And we wonder why a no name, big receiver who was playing on the outside torched the Pats

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I'm sorry bware, but this here might have been the most stupid thing you have posted here at SI. SO much wrong with what you said

That was NOT that bad of a play. Obviously to run the ball should have been the call, but it wasn't that bad at all. The problem with the play was that the pick caused from the slot receiver forced Butler to jump the route and get the pick. If the slot receiver ran a drag inside, thats a TD Seattle. And Lockette isn't their best receiver, he's their #4 WR.

Nest, god are you discrediting Russell Wilson. He played fantastically, and he shows so much poise and demeanor on the field. He reminds me of a young, but mobile, Tom Brady out there. The INT wasn't good, but that doesn't tank his game's legacy really at all. He played really well against a really good defense, made guys look foolish (Collins, Chandler Jones) with his legs, and his deep ball looks great. IMO he's already a Top 10 QB, and its not Andrew Luck, but rather Russell Wilson, that is going to be dominating the league in 10 years. The kid is great. And he's much better than Cam Newton already. Just as good of a runner, much better passer

Sherman is good, and you can say he's the #1 CB, but it is FAR from a "significant margin". IDK what game you were watching last night, but Revis played great. He followed Doug Baldwin the entire game, and Baldwin's only target/catch was on the double pick play in the endzone, and that's unguardable by any player in the NFL. Revis and Sherman are definitely 1A/1B, but there was literally nothing from this game that can make anyone say "Sherman is better" or "Revis was better". Both were targeted once, and thats it. Both dominate the corner position.

Why the hell would Brady retire? He just put up 328 yards and 4 TDs on the best defense since the 06 Ravens (thats the best D of all time). He can clearly still play.
Next year, the competition doesn't seem that much harder than this year's. Denver will be worse, due to coaching (somehow they hired someone worse than Fox, in Kubiak), and that Julius Thomas is probably leaving. And thats all assuming Peyton returns. Andrew Luck and the Colts need a lot more weapons, offensively and defensively, to beat New England in a playoff game. Joe Flacco is really Brady's true threat to make it back to the Super Bowl next year, and why would Brady retire when he can still play, and be the outright leader for Super Bowl victories as a starting QB??

Ummm, why would Kearse play WR4? He was bothered by a very good CB in Browner all game, and he comes up with the almost-Tyree impact of a catch. He's a good receiver. Not a great one, but he was Seattle's 2nd best out there.

And finally, ummmmmm...... WHAT. Why the hell would you promote Seattle's #4 and #5 WRs to the Top 2? Baldwin and Kearse battled great corners today -- you can't take anything away from them. Lockette didn't play that great at all, idk why you think he's so special. Beating Logan Ryan isn't some gigantic accomplishment. PaulRich hasn't shown really anything offensively to say he's better than Baldwin/Kearse either. Matthews played really well, but our defense was designed for Seattle to throw it to the #5 option. And they did that, with a lot of success. They had clear mismatches and took advantages of it. He played really well, but I'm not sure he's ready to be a Top 3 option yet.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
And we wonder why a no name, big receiver who was playing on the outside torched the Pats
I don't agree with what we did, as Arrington is actually a really good slot corner, he just sucks on the outside. I personally would have stuck Arrington on Baldwin all game, like we did with Hilton, but we didn't.

But I mean, they did put Maxwell in the slot. Simon was still the outside corner.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Russell Wilson obviously isn't an elite passer but he's by far the best passer of the "running" QBs in terms of avoiding sacks, creating yards on the ground and then avoiding hits. His legs combined with his accuracy make him nearly on that level, if not already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%