2015 NFL Gameday Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's gonna be completely crippled when he reaches his 50s.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
If last night was an indication the Saints are set at tackle and center, but they could be in trouble at guard. May have to move Andrus Peat inside.
thats where peat should be anyways

I graded him as a 2nd round OT, 1st round G.

I still thought you reached for him, but that doesn't matter at this point

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He looked really good last night, but he exclusively played tackle. He has dipped into the guard position as well.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Marcus Williams had an INT for the Jets, John Crockett scored a TD for the Packers, and Kyle Emanuel recorded a sack for the Chargers.

Yesterday was a great day to be a Bison fan!

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
He didn't throw a pick in practice

Maybe the Titans defense is just that bad.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I don't know why I always get excited for football season only to get pissed off in the end.. I feel like we could win every preseason AND regular season game only to somehow lose during the bye week

Oh well, I will just never learn and here we go again

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
Phil Loadholdt tore his achilles tendon.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
You know what screw it, Im going all in this year with my upset pick. Im going with the Bills winning the division even though they have a shitty QB situation but I think the best defense in football and they are going to run the ball heavily. Pats are 2nd and get a wild card.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
....Yeah, no.

I really don't get why people think Buffalo will be better than New England.

We won the Super Bowl, and only lost 3 real pieces. We lost Revis and Browner, although Browner would have failed in our new Cover 2 Zone defense. And we lost our 3rd Down RB in Vereen, although last year's 3rd rounder James White looked very solid in that role this past Thursday. We lost Wilfork, but he wasn't better than Siliga anyways.

We add back a healthy Jerod Mayo (who is a very good LB) and Sheard as a good edge rusher as a backup DE.

We're obviously not as good as last year, but we didn't get that much worse. If you are factoring in a Brady suspension (which won't happen because Brady will get an injunction), we play a team that is one-dimensional (PIT), a team without a QB (BUF), the Jaguars, and a good Cowboys team. That's a 3-1 schedule to me, and we went 2-2 last year despite winning the title.

But why the Bills? They have no quarterback! Matt Cassel? Tyrod Taylor? EJ Manuel? You need a good QB to win games in this league. If anyone is going to dethrone the Pats, it's Miami, not Bufflao.

But the Pats have won 10+ games and won the division every year in the Brady era outside of 2002, and I don't see that changing any time soon

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I think the 4 games are going to have a significant impact on the Patriots. The loss of your 2 best CBs in a pass driven league can be crippling imo. The division is a whole has gotten better and I see significant improvements by Tannehill and the Jets offense. The loss of Wilfork will be felt in terms of his mentorship and leadership type of role more than anything which is really underrated in the NFL.

Im probably wrong because Im tired of seeing the Pats beat down a shitty division, but I like the Bills a lot because Rex Ryan is a great defensive coach and that Bills defense was top 2 already. McCoy-Watkins-Harvin is an interesting trio.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Frontpage Stardom said:
I think the 4 games are going to have a significant impact on the Patriots. 
Again, Brady will almost 100% play, and we'll go 2-2 or 1-3 at worst if he doesn't. We have like 2-3 challenging games in the end part of the year; thats at worst an 11-5 season, which is enough to win the division.

Frontpage Stardom said:
The loss of your 2 best CBs in a pass driven league can be crippling imo. 
Revis is a big loss. We let Browner walk because Revis left. We are switching to a Cover 2 zone defense, and Browner would have been downright awful in that defense. This matches the skillset of Logan Ryan really well as our CB2, and Malcolm Butler has looked really good in practice, where he is matching Julian Edelman 1-v-1, and spits the success. And we still have Pro Bowl S Devin McCourty too. We had much worse secondary in 2011, when we made the Super Bowl. Its not a great secondary, but it's not atrocious, considering its better than some teams' still.

Frontpage Stardom said:
The division is a whole has gotten better and I see significant improvements by Tannehill and the Jets offense.
It's gotten better, not a "whole lot better". Fitzpatrick and Cassel are two of the worst starting QBs in the NFL, and QB is the most important position. Both teams have worse QBs now than they did last season, when they also had bad QBs. They had good defenses before, and didn't make the playoffs then, and that shouldn't change. The Dolphins look good, but they have nobody that scares me on that offense. A great group of players, and an offense that I really like, but we aren't facing a Julio Jones level talent here.

Frontpage Stardom said:
The loss of Wilfork will be felt in terms of his mentorship and leadership type of role more than anything which is really underrated in the NFL.
We have Brady, Slater, McCourty, Mayo, Edelman, Gronkowski, Vollmer, Ninkovich, Chandler Jones...

We have never had a locker room problem under Belichick. I love Vince, but losing him won't hurt the locker room really.

Frontpage Stardom said:
I like the Bills a lot because Rex Ryan is a great defensive coach and that Bills defense was top 2 already. McCoy-Watkins-Harvin is an interesting trio.

The Bills defense is an enigma. They have a Top 2 defensive line, but Rex Ryan blitzes more than any coach in the NFL. If he learns that he doesn't have to blitz, the defense will be good. When he pulls his normal 6-man blitz, and we tear apart the defense, they will fail, and they have no offense to come back with. These guys aren't the 2000 Ravens, where their defense is good enough to overcome their offense. Its still a weak secondary, a weak LB core, and no QB play. Teams will stack the box to stop McCoy, and the QB won't be good enough to take advantage of the 5 man coverage. 

Miami I can understand challenging the Pats. Buffalo will not. Hell, Buffalo is the most likely to finish last in the division, not first

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
^I agree with pretty much all of that, but I don't buy Miami at all. I don't buy Tannehil. I don't buy Philbin as a head coach in this league.

Buffalo can be good with mediocre QB play, and the only quarterback who can do that consistently on their roster is Matt Cassel, but he's a statue and Buffalo's OL is still a question mark. EJ Manuel is probably their best bang or bust pick as a starter, but he's likely to mostly bust. They'd likely have to a run a very strange offense for Taylor to lead them. It's possible, but I don't see it happening.

The Bills could win 10 games or lose 10 games. Such a crapshoot.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/jledgePFS/status/634104914013220864

https://twitter.com/jledgePFS/status/634105378314289152

https://twitter.com/jledgePFS/status/634105591808565248

https://twitter.com/jledgePFS/status/634108871112568832

https://twitter.com/jledgePFS/status/634109048086994944

https://twitter.com/jledgePFS/status/634109150067339264

https://twitter.com/jledgePFS/status/634109451117686784

https://twitter.com/jledgePFS/status/634109818773590016

https://twitter.com/jledgePFS/status/634110188400852992

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well that series was worth waking up for.

Back to sleep for me.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Griffin getting roughed up like crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%