Status
Not open for further replies.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Just wondering, when was the last time a Euro player had an very good immediate impact in Year 1?

Like, the best over the past 10 years is either Giannis or Bargs. Euros hardly ever have that great immediate impact, so I'm always weary of taking one early like that

Depends if you're talking about getting draft and then playing right away or spending a few years overseas firstq

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Papa Pugzo said:
not a huge talent gap between 8-10 to not take a gamble on a euro.
Just meant in general, not just the Pistons this year.
Like I heard Kristaps could crack the top 4

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Westbrook looks like he's wearing his grandmothers blouse.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I cant believe Byron Scott is there lol.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:

Depends if you're talking about getting draft and then playing right away or spending a few years overseas firstq
I mean playing right away in the league and not staying abroad 

I don't want to spend a Top 10 pick on a developmental pick, especially if they aren't superstar levels, which these guys aren't

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
RipCity32 said:
Just meant in general, not just the Pistons this year.
Like I heard Kristaps could crack the top 4
ah yea, fuck that noise.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Frontpage Stardom said:
You must not like successful women.

I don't care how successful they are, I'm not fucking that hag. 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Wolves just need to go with Russell, because him, Wiggins, and Lavine would be fun as fuck 

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
When we look at this class ten years from now Okafor won't be seen as a top three player from it.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
When we look at this class ten years from now Okafor won't be seen as a top three player from it.
in your opinion, who will?

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Papa Pugzo said:
in your opinion, who will?
Below is a post I made in April, just for some background:

Just look at the league now, this isn't the league of 15 years ago. This is a perimeter oriented game, the days of the big man are fading. Look at the top 6 MVP candidates, 5 of them are perimeter players. Take it further, I would say 20 of the leagues 30 teams are still in the hunt for the playoffs, and only Atlanta, Memphis, and New Orleans are clearly led by big men. Then there are probably six other teams that are somewhere in the middle.

So with that all said, yeah Okafor and Towns are good prospects, but I look at where the league is headed and I want the wing over the big, unless it is clear that the big is head and shoulders above the other prospects. I don't think that's the case though.
I think Mudiay will be a star. He is who I would take at 2 if I was the Lakers and I would seriously consider him at 1 if I was Minnesota then move on from Rubio. You know my feeling about the guard over big from the quoted post above. Russell would be my third and would go with Winslow over him as well. Maybe even Cauley-Stein.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
If the Wolves pass on both Towns and Okafor, I might just drive to the Twin Cities, find Flipnosis myself, and strangle him. That would be so damn dumb. 

They have a need. Pek is never healthy. Dieng's ceiling might be out into orbit, but he's still a work in progress. Pair him with a more skilled big in either of those two and the Wolves are already significantly better.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Wolves have several needs. Draft the better player, you'll thank yourself down the line. Look at where the league is headed, not where it's been.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I dont understand why the general public is always like "ha haha Knicks are terrible and they got what they deserved." 

The Lakers do the same thing and they are praised for it. Both teams clearly tanked and 1 of them won substantially a random contest. I understand that the Lakers have more upside than the Knicks, but both teams were really terrible last year. Then you see comments from sports reporters how this draft pick is going to put them in a prime position to compete next year. I guess theyre just homers.... 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%