2015 Draft Prospects Thread

TTN2810

Reaction score
Compared to any of his competition right now for 2016, yes. If we're comparing him to 2015 guys I'd still take Mariota, personally.

Ninja Edited this btw for clarification.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's a true sophomore, so he can't leave next year anyways. 

TTN2810

Reaction score
Yes, no I realize that. Speaking purely in terms of pro potential for anyone in college right now.

I think it goes Mariota, Hackenberg then I guess Winston but he's nowhere near as safe as the other two.

That said I think Hundley will take a huge step forward this year too.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I really wish Hackenberg could have played under O'Brien for his entire college career, but James Franklin is a great coach, so hopefully he'll be alright.

TTN2810

Reaction score
He's just that good that I think he'll be fine whoever his coach is in college lol.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not buying the Rashad Greene hype at all. Day 3 prospect at best.

TTN2810

Reaction score
For all the hate Braxton Miller gets he'll be a fringe 1st/2nd rounder.

TTN2810

Reaction score
He's a better passer than some people think. It's just about consistency. If he can be consistent with it this year he'll be fine. If not he'll drop, but I think he will improve. He makes too many great throws, even from the pocket, to view him as anything but a QB.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's come a long way from the guy who couldn't throw a spiral his freshman year, but I don't now about 1st or 2nd round. Obviously that changes if he shows improvement (stating the obvious lol)

You'll see a lot of good from him, but a lot of bad too. Haven't seen him fit many in tight windows, inconsistent footwork and throwing mechanics, poor ball placement at times. I've seen him make progressions though, which is good. He moves his eyes, and this is mainly because his receiving cores have been pretty bad through his first 3 years. This year he'll have the most talent he's ever had on the outside. Couple that that with not having Carlos Hyde anymore, and you're going to see him put up some monster numbers with a bigger role.

He has been really fragile at OSU, but he does have good size at 6'3 220, which makes him intriguing because of his 4.4 speed and average to above average arm strength. 

If he does fail at QB though, I do think he does actually have a future at RB, pending health. 

TTN2810

Reaction score
Like I said it's consistency. I came away superbly impressed with his ball placement on many throws. Way better than I was expecting. But he does also miss some. He's shown everything you want to see, including progressions, just needs to put it all together, consistently. And yes, above average arm strength. No issues there. Love his touch too. He can drop it in a bucket.

If JimmyG was a 2nd round pick, Miller is. From a mental standpoint, not much difference, even for Miller as a Junior. They each have their physical +'s, but Miller has way more upside.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It will be a miracle if Miller gets drafted before day 3.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dres Anderson is gonna be really good.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score

TTN2810

Reaction score
http://www.draftbreakdown.com/gif-embed/?clip=246834&gif=BossyWellinformedGerenuk

Not to mention this play. You can clearly see he dumps it off to his third fourth option after going through his progression. If he's a Day 3 prospect he's taking off after his 1st read is covered. 

Even Manziel took off way too much when he could have used his checkdown. Really shows where he is mentally on this play.

TTN2810

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
I mean, he's not better than Tahj, who went in the 6th.
Wow.

He's SO much better than Tajh. Look at the post above this one. Tajh is taking off after his first WR is covered.

Not to mention Braxton is way more accurate, and a much more dynamic runner from the pocket.

The people bashing Miller are either going off one or two poor games, or, are following what the crowd is saying about him. 

TTN2810

Reaction score
God damn, Miller is the most elusive player I've seen since Shady.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the more I watch Petty the less I like him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%