2015 Draft Prospects Thread

TTN2810

Reaction score
For sure man.

Anyone else see that Greg Cosell said he'd take Mett over Winston? That's bold. I agree. But a major media figure like him saying that is huge.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I think he is right, in the sense that Mett has a better arm, and that footwork wise they are pretty similar

My main discrepancy is he completely discounts Winston's ability to know what's going on the field. His football IQ seems miles higher than Mett's, and that's why I wouldn't take Mett over him

That being said, Winston went to the Titans meetings wearing a Mike Alstott polo shirt. He's going to the Bucs

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kiper and McShay did a live mock, and left Beasley out of the first round entirely.

McShit has Beasley ranked 41st on his board.  lmao

TTN2810

Reaction score
Some guys I respect have Beasley as the #1 prospect in the draft.

Kiper is ridiculous. He says the Titans should take Mariota and if Mett wins the battle its a win-win. That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. It's a win that your #2 overall QB got beaten out? That's a disaster. Wasted pick. When you have the #2 overall pick you better hope that player will have an impact.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I've read so many wildly differring opinions on Beasley since last season.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
TiTAN said:
Some guys I respect have Beasley as the #1 prospect in the draft.

Kiper is ridiculous. He says the Titans should take Mariota and if Mett wins the battle its a win-win. That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. It's a win that your #2 overall QB got beaten out? That's a disaster. Wasted pick. When you have the #2 overall pick you better hope that player will have an impact.
They could then dangle Mariota over the Eagles heads and bend them over a barrel.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Hurricane Season said:
They could then dangle Mariota over the Eagles heads and bend them over a barrel.
You think they would want him a year from now after not winning the job?

I'm actually really torn. They are two of my top three QBs from the past 2 drafts. I have a lot of confidence in both. I won't be mad if Mariota is the pick. I have them so closely together though, and I would rather just stick with Mett. Already has some experience and the continuity will be huge. Plus he and Lewan are BFFs, that's huge in a leadership sense and for locker room camaraderie.

If Mariota is the pick, I will be disappointed, but not mad. I really do like him.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
After doing some research, the Redskins really need to trade down at all costs. They don't need Williams at all, and they need OL and an additional edge rusher. Owamagbe Odighuzuwa is literally the PERFECT SLB for the Redskins new 3-4 under defense, so if they can get the assets to possibly trade back into the 1st to nab him, as well as go OL when they trade down

I think if Cleveland and Washington swapped their first two picks, it would be super beneficial to both teams. Cleveland can get Mariota or Cooper, and still would have the 6th pick in the 2nd round, and then the Redskins can get La'el Collins and Owamagbe Odighuzuwa.

TTN2810

Reaction score
If they can't trade out, I'm really starting to hope the Titans go Amari at #2. It's the best pick in my mind.

I don't think they are ready to downright replace Hunter yet with a pick (plus now they signed Nicks). So I think they would rather have the versatile Cooper over White. He'd fit in nicely with Wright and Hunter. They all win in different areas.

I think the addition of a player like Cooper improves the team more than anything else they could take at #2.

Cooper would be perfect in Whisenhunt's scheme too.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm starting to think the Eagles are gonna take Byron Jones at 20.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If that happens then I don't ever want to hear another person say that combine performances are meaningless.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Whoever gets DeAndre Smelter is getting a steal. Dude would have risen like crazy if he didn't tear his ACL.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hurricane Season said:
If that happens then I don't ever want to hear another person say that combine performances are meaningless.
He really fits the mold of what Chip's trying to do. He's pretty big for a corner and he's already one of the top athletes in the league just based on his numbers from the combine.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I actually think he's a bit overrated on the field now at this point

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
His tape doesn't say 1st rounder to me either.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
In the last two days the two biggest writers for the local New Orleans paper have had the Saints trading up for Leonard Williams. Both of these guys are really good with their inside sources but I don't know if this is that. But having both of them both predicting this same thing does kind of send question marks into my head.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
They would have to trade into the Top 3, so unless the Saints want to move both firsts and their second, he won't be had.

Jacksonville will take that deal though if you offer it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%