2014 NFL Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Brutalis said:
Was it? Bleacher was harping on Mallett never amounting to anything and now he's worth twice as much as Gabbert at least. Texans want him among others.
i think you're confusing people.

Mobruler

Wolves
Reaction score
Brutalis said:
Was it? Bleacher was harping on Mallett never amounting to anything and now he's worth twice as much as Gabbert at least. Texans want him among others.

Do you guys think Mallett the most desirable back up to become a starter in NFL teams' eyes?  I think it might be Kirk Cousins just barely over Mallett but I'm a Spartans slap.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i like cousins but i think mallet is desired because the system and playing behind brady.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mobruler said:
I might not know what I'm talking about and I don't have any numbers in front of me, but weren't the Browns much better at stopping the run than the pass last season? Maybe the team wanted a different type of player at the position and they are happy with the Ward/Whitner events of today.
That's the reasoning.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Who_Dey, give me the run down on Andrew Hawkins. Any good or just a guy?

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
elcheato said:
Who_Dey, give me the run down on Andrew Hawkins. Any good or just a guy?

He's the guy nobody seems to know about, always under the radar who just can blow past a secondary. That's the thing with him, his speed. That causes problems in more ways than one. He can be used in different ways that the defense has to account for. Most Bengal fans are very upset about losing him, as it seems the Bengals won't match the offer. 

I'm sure the Browns remember this..

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He'll look nice next to Josh Gordon & Sammy Watkins

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
elcheato said:
He'll look nice next to Josh Gordon & Sammy Watkins

As much as I hate to say it, with a good draft as far as the Browns getting their QB and getting a decent RB, they will instantly be the best team in the division. They will have the best defense in the division and with a QB that can make throws to all kinds of playmakers, it's going to be scary. I'm already expecting it and I've seen it coming for some time. If they get a good QB along with a guy like Sammy Watkins along with the guys they already have - Gordon and Cameron, decent RB. Wow. It's gonna be a nightmare for the AFC North and whoever they play. 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That all sounds good, but it's the Browns.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Here an already talented team like the Browns continue to get better, still have a draft to come, absolutely loaded with draft picks.. Free agency not over yet

And here we sit with 30 million plus not doing a thing. All we've done is lose key coaches and players, I'm not feeling too good right now. Sometimes I truly wonder about this team and how committed they are to winning with the things they do. It's like they think, well we won the division, made the playoffs, it was a successful season. It doesn't work like that with championship teams

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Have to pay AJ Green a lot of money soon and, *shutters*, Andy Dalton. That factors into the passive mindset in free agency.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
elcheato said:
Have to pay AJ Green a lot of money soon and, *shutters*, Andy Dalton. That factors into the passive mindset in free agency.

Well, Burfict won't be cheap either. I guess if A.J. Green and Burfict is extended I won't be complaining. They'll sign some lower free agent guys, they always do a week or so later. Sure would have been nice to have a guy like Verner, especially with Leon Hall's injuries and the other aging corners. Newman is about done and Jones isn't real young either. Kirkpatrick hasn't done anything. 

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Well, it looks like the Bengals plan on matching the Browns offer sheet for Hawkins. They tried taking the Bengals guy, but still drove up the price 3x's more. Shows the Bengals value him and probably don't want to have to face him twice a year. 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Like 4 mill guaranteed I think over 3 years, 12 mill total.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%