2014 NFL Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Yeah the rumour is it's going to be a white helmet so that they can pull of the decals and put Bucco Bruce on there for the throwbacks, which they could do last year because of that stupid one helmet rule.

Also I believe it was Sapp who said the facemasks will be chromed out. Not sure if it'll be a color with chrome, or just straight chrome though.

TTN2810

Reaction score
I like how Locker started the year going 94/152 (62%) for 1,047 yds, 8 TD's, 1 INT's. But I hate how everyone forgets that he last two starts he was 17/31 (54%) for 209 yds, 0 TD's, 3 INT's.

I'm all for giving him one more year, but he wasn't as great as everyone remembers last year. He was starting to really fall off.

And hell, if he doesn't work next year, I'd like to see Tyler Wilson get some starts.

TTN2810

Reaction score
And why are the Titans content with Shonn Greene being the lead back going into next year? He's going to be a 29 year old running back coming off an injury plagued season in which he averaged 3.8 YPC. That's worse than even Johnson.

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
TiTAN said:
And why are the Titans content with Shonn Greene being the lead back going into next year? He's going to be a 29 year old running back coming off an injury plagued season in which he averaged 3.8 YPC. That's worse than even Johnson.
Green fell off hard

TTN2810

Reaction score
I'm really excited about the Titans offense next year, guys. I've been studying Whiz's offense with the Chargers and goddamn, the Titans have the perfect personnel to run it. I think Locker's a great fit, and look the hell out for Kendall Wright. It looks to me like he's going to take on the role Keenan Allen had and be the focal of the offense. Yes it may be from the slot, but Whiz did a great job designing plays for Allen, so I have no reason to think he won't do the same for Wright.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Hunter is your Keenan, not Wright. A lot of Allen's plays were go-get-its

Wright will be used in a Larry Fitzgerald type way (which isn't bad at all)

TTN2810

Reaction score
Surprisingly not. Allen was used soooo much on underneath routes, crossing routes and screens that he took for big gains. The deeper routes will go to Hunter for sure, but Wright is no doubt the guy they'll want to get the ball to up and down the field.

And like I said, I know Allen played X WR, but I just expect the plays to be designed for Wright from the slot. Allen is their RAC guy, and Wright is the Titans.' He'll lead the team in targets for sure.

I'm gonna write an article on it for SBNation with a Charger game I downloaded.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Some talk of Jairus Byrd to the Browns, although I can't imagine the Bills not tagging him.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Pisses me off when people say Kaepernick played bad against Seattle because he's not a pocket passer. Well, he sure as hell played a lot better against that defense did than Mr. Prototype Pocket Passer Peyton Manning did. I'm looking at you, DUI Dave Diehl.

ICYMI, Diehl said Kaepernick can't (not won't, can't) win a Super Bowl and used Seattle as an "example" of it.

Side note, Diehl is an idiot. I have no respect for anyone who has a DUI. Shows you what kind of person he is right there.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
thats the stupidest argument to make against someone. i can go to dinner, drink TWO beers, eat, and then leave. if i get pulled over..im getting a dui.

TTN2810

Reaction score
If you weigh 100 pounds. To get to .08% BAC, a 240 pound male would need to consume 6 drinks in an hour. Obviously you are probably not 100 pounds or 240, but somewhere in the middle. 

In Diehl's case, he's well above 240.

EDIT
It's funny actually, because I have some very small female friends around 100 pounds, who, if they have two drinks, I wouldn't even let them ride a bike.

EDIT 2
Let's say you are 185 lbs, you'd need to drink a solid 5 drinks in an hour to get a DUI. If you're driving after that, that's stupid, IMO.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
dude, two beers within one hour will still get you arrested..

youre supposed to drink wine drink an hour to stay legal.

TTN2810

Reaction score
If you show signs of being drunk yes, they can arrest you. That would be a violation, but it's not a criminal charge, unless you are .08 and above. All they can do is arrest you and suspend your license anywhere from 24 hours to 7 days (in Canada). But the criminal charge of .08 is in Michigan as well.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
you can use the internet to find out blood alcohol %s while i witnessed someone i know drink two beers and then get arrested and he was by no means "drunk" and he got a dui, with no priors.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Did he fight it? Sounds like he had major grounds to fight that. Did he take the breathalyzer and field tests etc?

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
TiTAN said:
Did he fight it? Sounds like he had major grounds to fight that. Did he take the breathalyzer and field tests etc?
good luck fighting the police. maybe in canada but in america they're always right.

Fuhgeddaboudit

Reaction score
You can get a DUI for 2 drinks in an hour. That fails the breathalyzer, you're done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%