We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
https://vine.co/v/M2x62ilE9Up

get ready joe

TTN2810

Reaction score
From Albert Breer's Twitter

... Big thing the Jags want to correct with Bortles -- lower-body mechanics. Been too much an "arm thrower". Redshirt year will help.

This is what I was preaching about for both Carr and Bortles. Not only was he an arm thrower, but in other situations he was an over stepper when stepping into his throws. His base was far too wide often times. Love what the Jags are doing with him. I really hope he sits the year out.

Unfortunately Bortles reaching his potential is bad news for the Titans :(

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/TylerRickyTynes/statuses/492314624680034304

https://twitter.com/MasonGinsberg/statuses/492324357176590336

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/cdude9590/statuses/492327914726117377

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Terrelle Pryor got more than all of them and he traded memorabilia that belonged to him worth more than the price of a tattoo, for a tattoo, while in college.

and naturally I'm mad cause Josh Gordon

TTN2810

Reaction score
God damn the Browns have a good team. If only JG didn't get suspended. WR is the only huge ? I have for that team. I think between Hoyer & Manziel their QB play will be solid if not great. I'm a huge supporter of both of them.

Having Cameron is a huge plus, and Tate is a nice receiving back as well, but I'm not sure they have anything resembling a #1, or even a #2 WR without Gordon. Hawkins is a fantastic slot man, so hopefully Austin and Burleson can step up somehow. I like Willie Snead as well as a sleeper, but he's a huge underdog to do anything.

EDIT
Chandler Jones stood out a lot on Fales' tape. He's got some wheels, but again, probably a slot man at best in the NFL. Has at least some kind of potential to be a Antonio Brown lite.

Those rookies do have a chance to surprise.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They've been hyping up Charles Johnson in camp, might see him as a starter.

But the WR core is a mess, linebackers suck and Browns gonna Brown. 

Side note:

Today though, word has leaked (via Chris Mortenson on NFL Live) that there may have been an elusive discovery uncovered that "some around the league" think a technicality could get Gordon on the field this season after all.

Information right now is scarce, as this potentially saucy bit of news is all Mortensen provided, but this would be an unexpected escape clause that could have strong ramifications on and off the field. It will be interesting to hear of the fullness and validity of this report.

People have been speculating that Gordon didn't actually fail the test, he just didn't show up for it, which is considered a failed test (one would assume there's a reason as to why you missed it). 

This suspension/appeal has dragged on, so maybe there is something to it. 

TTN2810

Reaction score
Dansby is a beast though man. Great pick up.

And if Mingo improves like they are saying he has, between him Sheard and Kruger, that's a nice trio on the outside to rotate through, especially with the group of CB's they have locking them WRs down.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Good call, I forgot about Dansby somehow. Don't know who is going to play next to him. Probably Robertson, but he's trash. Would rather just plug in Christian Kirksey right away. 

They seem to have a lot of talent on defense, and the running game is sure to improve with Tate & West, but they'll still end up with 5 wins per normal somehow. If this Gordon thing didn't happen I'd probably be making playoff predictions like an over confident douche though. Fuck 

TTN2810

Reaction score
Crowell is a tank too, he was my #1 RB based off talent > Hyde, Hill, and West. Lots of people are in love with his talent. Who knows where his head is at though.

But honestly man, with the strength everywhere else on that D, I don't think it's really going to matter who's next to Dansby. Whoever it is will be sheltered somewhat. Won't have to be Superman, just gotta be average.

I would probably be making playoff predictions too if Gordon were there, man.

TTN2810

Reaction score
The funny thing about the Browns is they've lacked a QB for so long, but I personally feel like they now have TWO really good ones. Kinda shitty situation for Hoyer. If he didn't tear his ACL last year, I could totally have seen the Browns sticking with him and not drafting Manziel.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I haven't heard much about Crowell so far, but to be fair training camp did just start. Remains to be seen if he even makes the team. 

Eh, I'm not as high on Hoyer as you. He had a couple of nice games and showed some poise in the pocket. Not sure if it would have lasted. A more encouraging sign to me was it showed that the Browns can actually field a good team if they have anything that even resembles decent play at QB, and this was when we didn't have what now appears to be a stable running game.

I hope you and I (me to a lessor extent) are right about them. I think the defense is going to be really good, and WR is the only glaring hole, but is the team really that much improved from last year? A lot of that considered improvement is canceled out by Gordon potentially being suspended too. 

I'm also not as high on Manziel as you either, as you can probably remember from around draft period lol. We'll see. If they get stable or even decent QB play the team should be solid. 

I'd like to think they could have a top 5 defense next year but that depends a lot Gilbert making an instant impact. 

TTN2810

Reaction score
I really like Hoyer, similar QB to Cousins. Both Michigan St. men. My kind of QB. He's just a gamer. 

He's not prototypical, but he's got "it".

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If there's one thing MSU does well it's turning out backup QB's.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Teagz said:
If there's one thing MSU does well it's turning out backup QB's.
And gritty overworked RBs 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%