2014 NFL Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Doubt it would be the 1st rounder.. probably a 3rd or 4th I think.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Manziel was supposed to go to Oregon, but instead went to A&M

Kelly has publicly said Manziel was built for his offense

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
TiTAN said:
Doubt it would be the 1st rounder.. probably a 3rd or 4th I think.
A 3rd and Foles for #4? That's such a steal

I could see Foles+5th to swap 1sts tho

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Eagles are pretty stupid if they're going public about wanting Manziel, AND moving Foles. If they miss out on draft day, you've got yourself a disgruntled quarterback without a solid backup.

TTN2810

Reaction score
It's just rumours at this point though.

And Bosox, I guess it depends on how teams view Foles. If they view him as a proven franchise QB, then Foles and a 3rd isn't far off, IMO. That and a 3rd for an unproven prospect? Makes sense to me.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So Seantrel has tested positive for weed at the combine and quit his pro day. Think he can complete the trifecta and get arrested before this weekend?

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That clown could have been the next Bryant McKinnie.  If he even put in HALF the effort he was capable of, he could have been a first round pick.  He just never cared.

TTN2810

Reaction score
This whole Mettenberger "dilute" drug test thing is ridiculous. I hope this stupid technicality doesn't hurt his stock. Unless he slides to the 3rd and the Titans can take him (since they don't have a second) lol.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Chris Mortenson reported the Browns will take Manziel if hes there at 4. Half of the Cleveland media reporting Manziel not even in consideration for the 4th pick

CAN THE DRAFT PLEASE JUST START? This is just too fuckin stupid

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
I'm really interested in seeing who drafts Terrence West (Towson RB). I would love for Dallas to take him as Murray's backup.

I know we have Lance Dunbar and just drafted Joseph Randle, but West is a special player. 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Dallas has too many defensive needs to take a RB

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
elcheato said:
Chris Mortenson reported the Browns will take Manziel if hes there at 4. Half of the Cleveland media reporting Manziel not even in consideration for the 4th pick

CAN THE DRAFT PLEASE JUST START? This is just too fuckin stupid
It's all about how they view Manziel to the other QBs.

At #4, one of Mack/Clowney/Watkins/Evans will be there, as will Manziel. But if they grade Manziel as a 93, and Derek Carr as a 91, they might as well take Evans/Watkins and then trade up a tad for a QB at 26 (Browns have a lot of picks this year)

I can see them moving up to #13-14 to get a QB after drafting a WR

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd prefer it if we trade down from #4 and get even more picks.

I don't want any of the QBs at 4 anymore, I definitely don't want a lineman because one of those two LTs would instantly be our RT, and that's so dumb at #4, not a huge fan of Mack honestly, and should we really take a WR at #4 with Gordon here? If Clowney isn't there, I trade back, get more picks and stack the defense.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
I really want the Vikings to take Bortles if he's there, but pretty much every team ahead of them has need for a QB, and I think all these recent mock drafts are kidding themselves if they don't think the combination of Bortles/Manziel/Bridgewater could be gone by pick 8. 

And I don't want the Vikings to take Carr. I really don't. Not at 8. Rick Spielman can't afford to reach on another 2nd to 4th round QB with such a high pick.

I would honestly be fine if the Vikings waited and drafted Murray, Garapollo, or Mettenberger, though. Just don't take any QB but Bortles, Manziel, or Bridgewater at 8. 

TTN2810

Reaction score
Why the love for Bortles and not Carr? Carr is like a suped-up version of Bortles lol. Granted a little more rough around the edges a bit, but that's easy to overlook.

And yeah West is a good RB, but apparently isn't the kind of player you want on your team. Could be smoke screens, we really don't know but this is interesting, at the very least:

via Rotoworld

An anonymous scout told the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel that Towson RB Terrance West "doesn't take coaching."
"You might as well not even waste your time," the scout said. West sold shoes in Baltimore upon his high school graduation but caught a pair of buses to try out at nearby Towson. "He made it that way," another scout said. "He has a little bit of an edge. He's a real street kid. But the guy has some hunger and football's important to him." The 5-foot-9, 225-pounder is a favorite sleeper of more than one analyst due to his intriguing combo of size and speed (and, we suppose, productivity; 2,578 yards and 41 touchdowns last season). "Dominated I-AA football," a third scout said. "He's not a blazer but he's a 4.5 guy. He's a yoked-up 225. Good feet. Knows how to play. Good hands. For a guy that was the back of I-AA football, pretty good pass pro guy. He's been the king of his level and school." West finished as the No. 6 RB prospect in the newspaper's poll of NFL scouts.

-----
Overall though Bosox, I have gone back to watch a little more Carr and he's overtaken Murray as my #5 now. I'll post my final rankings probably on Thursday for anyone who cares or wants to have a discussion lol.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Via Rotoworld

Citing league sources, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported on Tuesday's On the Clock that the Titans have "a pretty good grade" on UCF QB Blake Bortles.

Mortensen conceded it's "really quiet with Blake Bortles" around the league, and indicated he doesn't expect the Vikings to pull the trigger at No. 8. If Minnesota passes, Mort pinpointed Tennessee at No. 11 overall as the next-likeliest destination. Bortles would presumably compete with incumbent Jake Locker for the Titans' starting job in training camp. Bortles and Locker are similar players at this stage of their respective careers, so we're not sure drafting Bortles would offer much of an upgrade for Tennessee's 2014 offense.

FUCK
I've been saying that last point FOREVER. He's too similar to Locker for it to be worth taking him, especially at 11! This better be a smokescreen. I will have lost all faith in this organization if they take him at 11. If they traded down to the second round to take him? Sure, the value is there. But at 11, I'm not sure I can even still be a Titans fan if they do that.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
He seems too passive to be a Whiz QB imo.

Manziel and Carr are 1st round options, and Mett/Garrapolo as 2nd round options. I just don't see Teddy/Bortles as TEN options. That's seems more like scout/media buzz than team buzz. They take "Titans might want a top QB at 11 if they fall" and "Bortles might fall" into "TEN might take Bortles". Not a scheme fit

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Should be adjusting your scheme to fit personnel, not drafting personnel to fit scheme.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
lolwat

Your HC likes strong armed QBs. Bortles isn't a strong armed QB. Why would you take Bortles then??

And that's the furthest from the truth about schemes. For example, the Pats wouldn't draft Kelvin Benjamin in the 1st, because he doesn't run good routes. He isn't a scheme fit; a team that wants route runners, taking a poor route runner

You take whoever helps your team win the most. Sometimes you take the "less talented" player according to scouts if he fits your team's scheme

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You wouldn't take him because the weaker armed QB is a superior talent, and you're settling because your coach, who may not be around in 2 or 3 years, wants a guy with a stronger arm? I don't like that philosophy. You're not a good coach if you can't adjust to the better talent that may not fit "your" scheme. Better start re-thinking that scheme if better players aren't fitting.

Obviously there's a difference if your coach is Bill Belichick (who also controls the draft) and won't be fired, but no one else has that kind of job security around the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%