Reaction score
Mexi said:
Cheato
Game 5 is a lock. You know that

Game 6 will be tight, im just hoping portland misses some shots finally
Wtf batum and wes with 20

Houston wont lose 3 games at home. If.this goes 7 its over
1) How is it a lock?
2) You act like Chandler Parsons didn't just have 26 and Troy Daniels had 17. No room there

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
,if portland wins they're losing next round
These starters will be gassed. They dont rest at all and havent all season

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Houston needs to lose this series because they need to understand that they're not playing basketball in a manner that leads to wins in big games, and Morey needs to learn that McHale is the most useless coach when it comes up to drawing up plays late in the game. It's all iso, and that's just not the way to go, every time. You can't just iso Harden over and over again. You simplify the defense's purpose and allow them to focus on one fucking dude.

Nothing's broken in Houston--Their theories just don't work. 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
Houston needs to lose this series because they need to understand that they're not playing basketball in a manner that leads to wins in big games, and Morey needs to learn that McHale is the most useless coach when it comes up to drawing up plays late in the game. It's all iso, and that's just not the way to go, every time. You can't just iso Harden over and over again. You simplify the defense's purpose and allow them to focus on one fucking dude.

McHale drew up the play to get Troy Daniels the three out of the timeout...

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
1) How is it a lock?
2) You act like Chandler Parsons didn't just have 26 and Troy Daniels had 17. No room there
They aren't losing game 5 bro
You know that

Game 6 could be a blowout
But it will at least go 6

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I get the Sterling thing is a big story, but come on. You have this great game and Sterling leads off Inside The NBA and has been talked about for 10-15 minutes already? The conversation has been about Sterling all day, we get the view points. Talk about basketball.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
I get the Sterling thing is a big story, but come on. You have this great game and Sterling leads off Inside The NBA and has been talked about for 10-15 minutes already? The conversation has been about Sterling all day, we get the view points. Talk about basketball.
Because it's a big deal? You have an owner here who legitimately looks at himself as a slave owner. It's going to be talked about, a lot.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
I really don't know what to do with this loss, or the way it happened, anyway. This is a real lump in throat type feeling. I haven't had a game do this to me in a long time. I can get mad, but Jesus. Talk about a low coming from the way that went down. 

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
McHale drew up the play to get Troy Daniels the three out of the timeout...

Because they needed one, badly. Perhaps he's just too willing to go iso. I dunno.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:

Losing to a team equally as talented, if not more talented, with the same record shows something? Not to mention how close all the games have been.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
Yeah, but with how close the games have been, this series should be split. Even with tonight happening, we should have gotten one of those first two games at home. 

I just don't think this team should be checking out in round 1. I think they're more talented than Portland, personally, but that's just me. Plus Stotts plays the living shit out of his starters and you know they're exhausted. We've got everything lined up to be in this series instead of down 3-1. 

Close games or not, it's the kinds of failures that are so worrying to me. Make sense? 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Houston has been playing their starters just as much.

You have long had a low opinion of Kevin McHale. I don't know if it's warranted or not, as I don't pay attention to him. Houston is very good. They're losing to a very good team in close games. I don't think it should be a reason to want McHale out.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Mexi said:
They aren't losing game 5 bro
You know that

Game 6 could be a blowout
But it will at least go 6
Based on the fact that Portland is the better team, I don't know that.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
Wanting McHale out has more to do with the way he handles things like Harden's defense and these late game situations. He allows James to get into bad defensive habits in the regular season and habits become natural reaction, and no matter how much James believes he can turn it up in April, you can't just reinvent defensive tendencies that you've developed over 82 games. Then when it comes to late in the game he either can't draw up plays or is just fine going iso over and over again. It doesn't make sense to me. 

This team is forcing James Harden to be a better defender away from being even better, and if you find a way for McHale or a different coach to do better in late game situations when the score is close, that's an extra cherry on top. 

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
elcheato said:
Because it's a big deal? You have an owner here who legitimately looks at himself as a slave owner. It's going to be talked about, a lot.
And when it gets to the point where people are just saying the same shit over and over, it's time to talk about something else. Like the fantastic game that was played just prior.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
And when it gets to the point where people are just saying the same shit over and over, it's time to talk about something else. Like the fantastic game that was played just prior.
There would be an argument there if they only talked about Sterling and ignored the game. They talked about it first because it's a bigger story. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%