2014 MLB Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas-Panda-Saxby

Reaction score
Hitting. Hits. Not home runs. Jeter is sixth on the all time hit list, to say he's not one of the greatest hitters is beyond me.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Thomas-Panda-Saxby said:
Hitting. Hits. Not home runs. Jeter is sixth on the all time hit list, to say he's not one of the greatest hitters is beyond me.

But he is also 14th in Strikeouts all time, hell he can Tie and or pass Bobby Abreu this weekend and be 13th.. He's a good hitter i can say that but one of the greatest naww. And i am a Yankees fan saying this lol.

Thomas-Panda-Saxby

Reaction score
Sixth on the all time hit list is sixth on the all time hit list. Of course the strikeouts are going to pile up after 20 seasons lol 

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
Thomas-Panda-Saxby said:
Sixth on the all time hit list is sixth on the all time hit list. Of course the strikeouts are going to pile up after 20 seasons lol 

the exact same reason the hits did.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Being 6th on the all time hit list doesn't warrant a year long ass kissing from the media and the fans. Sorry to break it to you.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You can blame the media in general but i believed he earned his tour like Mariano did last year.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If he played for any team other than the yankees he wouldn't have gotten this much attention, plain and simple.

And that's not to say he didn't earn his retirement tour. I think he's worthy of some recognition, but to say he's one of the greatest hitters of all time is asinine. Any .300 hitter is gonna rack up a large number of hits when they get 12,600 plate appearances.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Thomas-Panda-Saxby said:

Craig Biggio had over 3,000 hits. Is he one of the greatest hitters of all time? 

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Teagz said:
I have zero confidence in Rick Porcello if he has to start a playoff game.
This x10. Dude is out of gas.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
WHY THE FUCK IS ANIBAL NOT PITCHING?

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And now he starts to warm up after the game's already out of reach. Fuck you Brad.

Mobruler

Wolves
Reaction score
To be fair to Brad, and this is something I'm doing for only the 2nd or 3rd time this season, there's not a whole lot you can do when your starter and your bullpen options just shit the bed so incredibly badly.  

You don't want to bring Anibal in for a situation where your team is down by multiple runs and you beg him to blank the other team while praying you start scoring.  This is just a loss.  It is what it is.  KC is going to win tonight.  That is what it is too.

It's baseball.

You do start to wonder if there is something wrong with Rick because this has been three awful starts now on his best season in the majors.  Maybe they didn't use Anibal because they are thinking of using him as the 4th playoff starter and need to keep his arm fresh based on this new crisis we have with Porcello.  It'd be nice to give Anibal a spot start but it won't happen with this being the last series of the regular season, but I imagine they have been sparing Anibal because they know they have a serious issue with who they are going to run as the 4th.

And now Anibal is in the game.  Hopefully he gets through these last three innings clean and starts making things more clairvoyant.  

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kluber >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

but season is now over since Oakland boutta win 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kluber's last 5 starts:

40 1/3 IP, 5 ER, 54K, 5 BB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%