2013 SI Mock Draft Discussion Thread

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Keep all discussion in this thread. If you want one of the teams that are still open just let me know.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I really would have preferred to go corner at #2 with Jacksonville, but most of their fans are convinced that they are going defensive line with the #2 pick. It seems as though they have a huge need at corner, but Jags fans know more about their team than I do, I guess.

Second overall would be a slight reach for any corner in this class, but I could still see it happening.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I like the Jordan pick, honestly I'd be surprised if he wasn't the pick.

I agree 2nd would be a reach for Milliner, but then again I could see him going 4th to Philly and I don't think that would be too big of a reach.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Top 4 CB
Top 10 G

Neither should happen.

Claiborne, Peterson were both much better than Milliner, and neither went top 4. Milliner at 6 is a bit high but he's an obvious pick there, if still there

Jacksonville does need a corner, but value wise it's better to get Jordan/Mingo/Ansah and Slay/Banks rather than Milliner and Lemonier

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You can't base what happens in this draft on past drafts, they are completely different.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
You can absolutely base it off of years past

There is no need for Philly to take a corner that high, especially when he is not that good in terms of #4 overall talent. They need an OT, and Eric Fisher is available. No brainer. Lions need pass rushers, and Ansah/Jordan is available. No brainer.

Look, if Cleveland's largest need wasn't at CB, Milliner wouldn't be a top 10 pick. Not a fit in Arizona, Buffalo, or NYJ at all.

So yes you can absolutely base it off of years past. When the value for corners is in the 2nd round, and the top corners aren't that great compared to years past, you don't take them that high.

What you are doing is like trying to justify the Jets taking Vaccaro, a #21+ overall pick, at #9, because they have a hole at S. doesn't work like that

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I won't argue with you. If you think some player shouldn't be taken at a certain point just because a better player wasn't taken that high in years past, then that's fine. It's wrong, but that's fine. I will however say using Vaccaro as an example to the Jets at 9 is poor, and ranking players off of what teams need is laughable. You say Milliner wouldn't be a top 10 pick if it wasn't for the Browns because other teams don't need him, that's irrelevant, he's well inside the top 10 on big boards. Just because he may slip in the draft because teams don't need corners doesn't diminish his talent in anyway.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
genodaoaktowngawd

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i wanted to take dee for detroit, id be happy with him as our first rounder but i actually feel we filled the secondary pretty decently thus far and now we need to work our dline. id prefer to tackle our oline most of all but im not sure about taking that chance at 5.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Ansah or Werner is the right pick

U did good mane

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You can absolutely base it off of years past

There is no need for Philly to take a corner that high, especially when he is not that good in terms of #4 overall talent. They need an OT, and Eric Fisher is available. No brainer. Lions need pass rushers, and Ansah/Jordan is available. No brainer.

Look, if Cleveland's largest need wasn't at CB, Milliner wouldn't be a top 10 pick. Not a fit in Arizona, Buffalo, or NYJ at all.

So yes you can absolutely base it off of years past. When the value for corners is in the 2nd round, and the top corners aren't that great compared to years past, you don't take them that high.

What you are doing is like trying to justify the Jets taking Vaccaro, a #21+ overall pick, at #9, because they have a hole at S. doesn't work like that
It kind of does work like that. It happened last year with Mark Barron. It just comes down to how teams prefer need vs BPA.

Eric Fisher is another example of how you can't quite base this draft on years past. Fisher wouldn't even be a top 15 pick three years ago. The rookie pay scale sort of flipped the status quo in regards to positional value at the top of the draft.

Steez

Reaction score
Godammit, fuck you Pugz. Geno should be a Bill.

Steez

Reaction score
8th pick and Tarvaris Jackson for Geno lmao.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i actually only took him for a "shock type raider pick. id like to see him to go to the bills, irl

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Geno wouldn't have been there even if Pugz didnt take em

Steez

Reaction score
Geno will make it to 8th I think.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
It kind of does work like that. It happened last year with Mark Barron. It just comes down to how teams prefer need vs BPA.

Eric Fisher is another example of how you can't quite base this draft on years past. Fisher wouldn't even be a top 15 pick three years ago. The rookie pay scale sort of flipped the status quo in regards to positional value at the top of the draft.
Mark Barron was regarded as a Top 12 pick and went #7. And had a great season as well

Nobody has Vaccaro in the Top 15

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Barron was mocked as high as 14 to Dallas last year, and even that was considered a reach by many. He was also one of the worst coverage safeties in the league for the better part of last season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%