2013 Recruiting Discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
FSU is gonna be loaded if Winston signs. If Jimbo can coach these guys properly and develop them they're going to be national championship favorites in a few years.
That's been said for about 10 years now.

This time for sure, though.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Aren't Bracy and Darby the two fastest recruits in the nation? The track team for FSU is gonna be serious

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Meyer saved OSU's recruiting for this year.. Just need to pick up Davonte Neal or Stefon Diggs to top it off.
Was reading somewhere that some of the recruiting guys were thinking you guys were gonna land both.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pretty confident Neal is heading to OSU, but Diggs is probably heading to Florida.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That's what people are already saying about Jalin Marshall for 2013 lol

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
rivalsmike Mike Farrell
Big news, #OhioState not taking Davonte Neal now
I would assume this means OSU thinks they have a legit shot at Diggs. Only 1 spot left and they are OSU's last 2 targets.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
http://shreveporttimes.com/article/20120205/SPORTS0202/202050304/Jokes-aside-LSU-s-Les-Miles-happy-land-Avery-Johnson

The LSU coaching staff was waiting on the signed scholarship papers of one more prospect to come through the fax machine. Just then, the phone rang in LSU quarterbacks coach Steve Kragthorpe's office. It was that last player, wide receiver commitment Avery Johnson of Ely High in Pompano Beach, Fla. According to Johnson and LSU coach Les Miles, the following happened:

"Coach Krag, it's Avery," Johnson said. "Look, I'm sorry to tell you this, but I've had a change of heart. I don't want to play for LSU anymore. I want to play for coach Nick Saban and Alabama."

A shocked and frustrated Kragthorpe found recruiting coordinator Frank Wilson and gave him the phone.

"I can't handle this. I can't take this anymore," Kragthorpe said.

"What the hell? He never even visited Alabama," Wilson said.

Then Miles got on the phone.

"Man, you can't do it," Miles told Johnson. "You're my guy. You're a Tiger. We've got big plans for you, Avery."

Just then, a fax arrived "» from Avery Johnson. He would be coming to LSU.

"I wanted to have some fun with it," Johnson said in a phone interview from Pompano Beach, which is near Fort Lauderdale. "For the coaches and myself, I think it will be something we all remember forever."

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They should have pulled his schollie for that stupid shit.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Tyrone Swoopes committed to Texas today. They've got 4 top 100 recruits already.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wolverines topped the 2013 recruiting class right now :) My dude Hoke is a tank. No pun intended.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ross Douglas has decommitted from Penn State and is now going to Michigan. AYEEEE lol

TheRagingWolf

Reaction score
The Miami Hurricanes added 4-star CB Artie Burns and 4-star Safety Jamaal Carter this week. The Canes added serious talent into their defensive secondary.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ND just received word from Tori Hunter Jr he'll be partying in South Bend next season.

All Torii Hunter Jr. needed was a second look to find a comfortable landing spot.

The four-star wide receiver from Prosper, Texas, visited Notre Dame before the season started and committed to the Irish on Sunday during an official visit. Hunter confirmed the news in a text message after announcing it via Twitter.

"When I went up there the first time it was pretty in detail about the education and everything," Hunter told IrishIllustrated.com before the trip. "As far as education and the academic side of it, I've got a good idea about that. I just really want to see the game day atmosphere and everything the second time around."

Hunter chose Notre Dame over scholarship offers from Arizona, Arkansas, Iowa, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, SMU, TCU, Texas Tech, Utah and West Virginia.

Nebraska, Arizona State and Utah also had official visits scheduled.

Hunter, the son of Major League outfield Torii Hunter, checks in at No. 246 in the latest Rivals250 and makes 21 commitments for Notre Dame in the Class of 2013.

Four-star prospect Will Fuller, three-star athlete James Onwualu and fellow Texas product Corey Robinson are the other wide receivers in the current recruiting haul.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Trey Johnson to Ohio State.

Matthew Thomas destroying Shane Morris a minute ago as well... Miami NEEDS to keep this kid in Miami. Badly.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Shane Morris looks awful.

Most of the QBs have, actually. But I did like some things I saw from Hackenberg and Ramsey

edit: nevermind on Ramsey, that ended quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%