2013 NHL Regular Season Discussion Thread

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Had to idea Nikolai Khabibulin was still around. One of my favorite goalies of all time haha/

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Wow, that game was crazy between Toronto/Montreal.. Game was completely out of control lol. Was fun to watch though.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Last night was probably one of my favourite games in the past few seasons. Reimer played well and the Leafs had everything going.

The third period was insane. I watched Plekanec's career nearly end from Orr. McLaren could have sent Gorges to the hospital (love how he was laughing).

Fuhgeddaboudit

Reaction score
Good win for the Rangers. Finally looked in place. Rick Nash had a pretty big game, with Hagelin finally looking in top form as well. I think that line was just amazing though, so that definitely boosted confidence.

Really liking the 4th line as well:

Asham - Powe - Halpern.

Finally we have a decent 4th line that could take away some minutes for the first 2 lines so they can catch their breathe.

Mooche

Reaction score
Going to be great for the Jets to get Buff back tomorrow for the Flyers.

And Bogo will be returning likely near the end of the week into the line-up.. :D

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Big blow but the Leafs are rolling. About time.

Steez

Reaction score
Sabres need to get Ryan O'Reilly so fucking bad. Need some offensive help ASAP.

Vanek and Miller can't do this shit on their own.

Fuhgeddaboudit

Reaction score
Bruins came back last night, what a game though. Rangers looked a lot better than the real beginning of the season. Nash looked solid and the lines are still looking real well. Too bad Torts keeps fucking with the lines.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Extremely happy with New Jersey's hot start to the season but they need to get heads out of defensive asses. Last night's game was a perfect example; too much f'ing around in front of the net...not clearing the puck.

We'll be okay though as Im noticing the bad defensive play is pretty consistent with most of the league right now. Some teams will get it together faster than others but another observation is those teams who had a lot of guys playing together during the lockout, whether it be in Europe or the AHL, the chemistry isn't putting their NHL teams over as much as I had initially figured.

Mooche

Reaction score
We shipped Poni back to you guys for a 7th, and a future 4th rounder, AE.

I didn't think he looked too bad here, but he was in the dog-house after the dumb penalty against the Leafs that cost us.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We shipped Poni back to you guys for a 7th, and a future 4th rounder, AE.

I didn't think he looked too bad here, but he was in the dog-house after the dumb penalty against the Leafs that cost us.
Yup and I'll take it. Marty has been so good with age but he's not getting any younger. Time to sack up and finish what we started back when Lou brought in Kovy a couple seasons ago.

Love how well Poni played the wing for us in 2012.

Mooche

Reaction score
Tangradi was impressive in his debut against Pittsburgh for the Jets.

Antropov is such a sack of shit. I don't know why he is still on this roster, and making around 4 million, that's just proposterous.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Scrivens with the big shutout last night. Really like the way we are playing.

While a top pick in a deep draft would be nice, the Leafs really need to make the playoffs. Nine years.

Mooche

Reaction score
The Blackhawks look so damn good right now, jeez.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Shitty loss for the wings tonight. Gotta pick things up if we want to keep the streak going.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Is it just me or does every Blackhawks game feel like game 7 of a playoff series?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%