2013 NFL Playoffs Predictions

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Well for starters, both of those QBs missed a full season during that timespan while Ryan didnt, so thats a 4v4v5 comparison there.

And Peyton and Brady had high scoring offenses. Idk bout ATL or IND, but in the past 4 seasons, Pats have had 25 out of the 64 games be between 7 points or less, win or lose.

Also, for point differentials:
2012: NE 226, DEN 192, ATL 120
2011: NE 171, IND ----, ATL 52
2010: NE 205, IND 47, ATL 126
2009: NE 142, IND 109, ATL 38

Peyton in 2010 was not great, but aside for that year Peyton's team outscored ATL every year. NE outscored ATL every year, by a minimum of 79 and a maximum of 119. It doesn't matter if Ryan had more comeback victories, Brady and Peyton put up enough points so they wouldnt need to come back.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
cool. Can't wait to see how Romo (aka the best QB in the league) handles AP also....oh wait...
Oh, bash Dallas' quarterback all you want, Matt Ryan has stunk it up, terribly, in three playoff games.

By the way, Tony Romo is better than Matt Ryan, and that's not being a homer. That's just true.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Washington
Indianapolis
Green Bay
Cincinnati

Green Bay vs San Francisco
Cincinnati vs 2. New England
Washington vs 1. Atlanta
Colts vs Denver

Washington vs San Fran
New England vs Denver

San Fran vs Denver

Tiebreaker: Total Points:54

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
Yeah. I've watched both play. It's pretty easy to tell which one is a superior player. Realize that Matt Ryan has lost 3 playoff games with better teams than Tony's ever had around him in the postseason. And Matt Ryan has just been God-awful in the last two. Lost the game against Green Bay all by himself by throwing the worst pick-six I've ever seen in a playoff game. Didn't even bother showing up in New York last year.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Yeah. I've watched both play. It's pretty easy to tell which one is a superior player. Realize that Matt Ryan has lost 3 playoff games with better teams than Tony's ever had around him in the postseason. And Matt Ryan has just been God-awful in the last two. Lost the game against Green Bay all by himself by throwing the worst pick-six I've ever seen in a playoff game. Didn't even bother showing up in New York last year.
False about Matt's teams being better than any that Tony has ever had.

And using playoff performance as to why Romo is better than Matt Ryan is the most absurd thing in the world because Romo is the biggest choker in the NFL.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Michael Jenkins was the #2 receiver for Atlanta in those years. No fucking way was that Falcons team better than the Cowboys'

And like BC said, you can't say Romo is a better playoff QB than Ryan after all his struggles.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
False about Matt's teams being better than any that Tony has ever had.

And using playoff performance as to why Romo is better than Matt Ryan is the most absurd thing in the world because Romo is the biggest choker in the NFL.
I was putting them on same boat. Until one or the other does anything in the playoffs, Romo is currently better.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
Michael Jenkins isn't great, by any means, but he's a solid possession receiver. It's not like he's a complete pile of trash.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Compare that to Julio Jones though...

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
And compare Julio to Patrick Crayton, Kevin Ogletree, Laurent Robinson, and every now and then, Miles Austin--who has been Romo's #1 receiver for several years, though he can't stay healthy at all.

Romo may have had one of three best receivers in NFL history for several years, but the only constant has been Witten, and Ryan had only one constant for his first playoff season (White). He had Gonzo during the second one, and this time he's got White, Gonzo, and Jones, not to mention the very capable Harry Douglas, and the ever dangerous Jacquizz Rogers. This time, Ryan has no excuse to lose. Romo's never had consistently healthy weapons, and aside from early in his career as a starter, he's never had anything other than a sieve for an offensive line. The last playoff game he played in? His defense got bulldozed and the offense just couldn't recover in the Metrodome.

The best running back Romo has ever had is Murray, who I'm not sure has even played an entire season, overall. Ryan's had Michael Turner, running effectively, during at least two of his playoff seasons.

The tools at Ryan's disposal have been better, and more often than not, healthy, and he's still shit the bed in two of his three playoff games. I'll give him his rookie year, because well, it was his rookie year.

Falcons11497

LEGENDARY.
Reaction score
And compare Julio to Patrick Crayton, Kevin Ogletree, Laurent Robinson, and every now and then, Miles Austin--who has been Romo's #1 receiver for several years, though he can't stay healthy at all.
Romo may have had one of three best receivers in NFL history for several years, but the only constant has been Witten, and Ryan had only one constant for his first playoff season (White). He had Gonzo during the second one, and this time he's got White, Gonzo, and Jones, not to mention the very capable Harry Douglas, and the ever dangerous Jacquizz Rogers. This time, Ryan has no excuse to lose. Romo's never had consistently healthy weapons, and aside from early in his career as a starter, he's never had anything other than a sieve for an offensive line. The last playoff game he played in? His defense got bulldozed and the offense just couldn't recover in the Metrodome.

The best running back Romo has ever had is Murray, who I'm not sure has even played an entire season, overall. Ryan's had Michael Turner, running effectively, during at least two of his playoff seasons.

The tools at Ryan's disposal have been better, and more often than not, healthy, and he's still shit the bed in two of his three playoff games. I'll give him his rookie year, because well, it was his rookie year.
LMAO, I'm gonna break this down for you

1 - Saying Turner has been running effectively during the playoffs and this season is absolutely wrong. He disappears every single year in the postseason, and he hasn't even shown up this year. Why do you think we keep limiting his carries?

2 - Yes, Ryan has lost 3 postseason games, but every single one has been against the NFC Champions that went on to the Superbowl (2 out of 3 won the Superbowl that year). I for one aren't going to make excuses for Ryan in the playoffs or chalk it up as solely a defensive fault or whatever the fuck you wanna pull out of your ass to justify Romo's many shortcomings

Ryan: Completion Pct: 68.6% Romo: Completion Pct: 65.6%
Yards: 4,719 Yards: 4,903
Yards per Attempt: 7.67 Yards per Attempt: 7.57
Touchdowns: 32 Touchdowns: 28
Interceptions: 14 Interceptions: 19
QBR: 99.1 QBR: 90.5
So what is it exactly that makes Romo better than Ryan? It sure as hell isn't playoff success. Its not QBR, or TD/Int ratio, or Completion Pct, or percentage of on target throws, or yards per attempt, or number of 4th quarter comebacks, or anything really.

Your "argument" is purely opinionated and completely ridiculous if you ask me. Did the Cowboys OL or defensive backs throw the interception that kept them out of the playoffs this year? Quarterbacks are judged by what they do to win games, not by their supporting cast. You're right when you say it's pretty easy to tell which one is a superior player. Ryan.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
5. Seattle v 4. Washington
5. Indianapolis vs 4. Baltimore
6. Minnesota vs 3. Green Bay
6. Cincinnati vs 3. Houston

3. Green Bay vs 2. San Francisco
3. Houston vs 2. New England
5. Seattle vs 1. Atlanta
5. Indianapolis vs 1. Denver

3. Green Bay vs 1. Atlanta
2. New England vs 1. Denver

3. Green Bay vs 1. Denver
Tiebreaker: Total Points: 56

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
^Romo has a higher deep ball percentage as well

They have nearly the same number of completions, with Romo having a lot more pass attempts

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
LMAO, I'm gonna break this down for you

1 - Saying Turner has been running effectively during the playoffs and this season is absolutely wrong. He disappears every single year in the postseason, and he hasn't even shown up this year. Why do you think we keep limiting his carries?

2 - Yes, Ryan has lost 3 postseason games, but every single one has been against the NFC Champions that went on to the Superbowl (2 out of 3 won the Superbowl that year). I for one aren't going to make excuses for Ryan in the playoffs or chalk it up as solely a defensive fault or whatever the fuck you wanna pull out of your ass to justify Romo's many shortcomings

Ryan: Completion Pct: 68.6% Romo: Completion Pct: 65.6%
Yards: 4,719 Yards: 4,903
Yards per Attempt: 7.67 Yards per Attempt: 7.57
Touchdowns: 32 Touchdowns: 28
Interceptions: 14 Interceptions: 19
QBR: 99.1 QBR: 90.5
So what is it exactly that makes Romo better than Ryan? It sure as hell isn't playoff success. Its not QBR, or TD/Int ratio, or Completion Pct, or percentage of on target throws, or yards per attempt, or number of 4th quarter comebacks, or anything really.

Your "argument" is purely opinionated and completely ridiculous if you ask me. Did the Cowboys OL or defensive backs throw the interception that kept them out of the playoffs this year? Quarterbacks are judged by what they do to win games, not by their supporting cast. You're right when you say it's pretty easy to tell which one is a superior player. Ryan.
This is the first season where Ryan's stats have outshined Romo's (not including 2010 when Tony only played in 6 games). It is the first year when Matt had more TDs and less interceptions. Otherwise, there was only one year when had had less INTs but 8 less TD passes (his rookie year, which is understandable, but also realize that Romo only played in 13 games in that season, so his TDs probably would have surpassed thirty as he stood at 26 at the end of that season).

Otherwise, Tony's better in just about every statistical category other than this season. One season does not surpass a QB who's been better in every other season beforehand.

Using one season as an argument. LOL. Get the fuck out out of here.

Falcons11497

LEGENDARY.
Reaction score
This is the first season where Ryan's stats have outshined Romo's (not including 2010 when Tony only played in 6 games). It is the first year when Matt had more TDs and less interceptions. Otherwise, there was only one year when had had less INTs but 8 less TD passes (his rookie year, which is understandable, but also realize that Romo only played in 13 games in that season, so his TDs probably would have surpassed thirty as he stood at 26 at the end of that season).

Otherwise, Tony's better in just about every statistical category other than this season. One season does not surpass a QB who's been better in every other season beforehand.

Using one season as an argument. LOL. Get the fuck out out of here.
What the fuck do you expect? Oh here, Ryan has done better than Romo, but since I'm the biggest fucking Romo dick sucker on the planet, let's just judge the two by how they've done in every other season except Ryan's best career year. Get the fuck out of here. Ryan is only in his 5th year, and he has consistently improved year after year. Romo's been in the league since fucking 2003 (regardless of when he actually started), and he still chokes in big game situations. This year, the statistics show it all, but previous years, Ryan has still been superior. Tell me this, who would you trust more down 3 points with a minute left in the 4th quarter? Who do you trust more to lead their team to victory?
You're upset because once again Romo and the gang fucked up their opportunity to play in the second season while my QB has yet to ever lose more than 6 games in a season (made the playoffs every year except the year he got injured).

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
Ryan has still been superior in previous years? LOL. Right. That's why the stats line up. Romo gives his team a chance to win every time he takes the field. Unfortunately for him, too many times his teammates let him down. Now and then he loses them a game, and because he's got the star on his helmet, it's magnified.

If Romo's teammates showed up as often as he did, it'd make a huge difference. But they don't.

I've already disassembled your only argument. Feel free to pose more.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Romo gives his team a chance to win every time he takes the field. Unfortunately for him, too many times his teammates let him down.
hahahahahahhaha

So its Terrell Owens, Terry Glenn, Jason Witten, Julius Jones, Marion Barber, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray, Miles Austin, Dez Bryant, Patrick Crayton, Roy Williams, Laurent Robinson, and Kevin Ogletree's fault? Not the guy who has been 1-3 in the playoffs? Not the guy who for the past two seasons, if they WIN THE LAST GAME THEY MAKE THE PLAYOFFS, loses? (which kinda makes him 1-5 in the playoffs)

Look, I like Tony Romo. I think he is given a lot of crap when he is a good QB. But to not give him the blame is asinine!

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Correction: it makes him 2-5, because he won Wk17 in 2009 against the Eagles, and then the week after beat Philly again for his only playoff win, both games at home.

Its a good thing they played the Eagles, who former Eagle Jeremiah Trotter just publically went out saying Reid is a choker... so a choker beats a choker at home. Congrats

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%