2013 NFL Gameday Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Brees didnt have his Top 3 Head Coach last season, are you fucking kidding me? He's absolutely in the Top Tier group, and much above Romo

And do you not remember the Patriots defense that went TO THE SUPER BOWL? They were awful. Yes, not as bad as the Cowboys this year, but everyone on this fucking board told you their defense wasn't built for a 4-3 defense. 

No other QB is under that much pressure? Really?? Tom Fucking Brady has lost Gronk, Mayo, Wilfork, and Vollmer, all top 3 at their positions, to season ending injuries. Starting CBs Talib, Dennard, S Gregory, DT Kelly, WR Amendola, WR Dobson, WR Thompkins, RB Ridley, RB Vereen have all missed games as well (Ridley was the only one not from injury). This defense is awful, to the point where we are fighting to beat Miami and Cleveland. We are playing with a banged up OL (OT Nate Solder probably wont play @BAL next week), so we have to keep our blocking TE Michael Hoomanuwanui in at all times. That leaves us with our White Wideout core: Danny "IR-Ready" Amendola, "Austin "Concussion" Collie, and a fucking college QB/PR as our #1 receiver, Julian Edelman. Vereen was doubled the entire game today, and I assume that is what teams will do from now on, since it proved to work well. Brady has carried the team for 6 straight weeks, winning 4 and losing the other two in the redzone down less than a TD. 

So nobody is in as much pressure as Romo? Really? You have great receivers still (Witten, Dez, Austin, etc), one of the best pass rushers in the NFL, etc. If Romo was really that good, he'd find ways to win, like Brady does. Instead, he takes leads and finds ways to lose them, like he did versus GB

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Well, that sucked. Sucks to be in good position, with the two seed in grasp and able to at least maintain that division lead and play like that and let the opportunity slide by. 

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Brees didnt have his Top 3 Head Coach last season, are you fucking kidding me? He's absolutely in the Top Tier group, and much above Romo

And do you not remember the Patriots defense that went TO THE SUPER BOWL? They were awful. Yes, not as bad as the Cowboys this year, but everyone on this fucking board told you their defense wasn't built for a 4-3 defense. 

No other QB is under that much pressure? Really?? Tom Fucking Brady has lost Gronk, Mayo, Wilfork, and Vollmer, all top 3 at their positions, to season ending injuries. Starting CBs Talib, Dennard, S Gregory, DT Kelly, WR Amendola, WR Dobson, WR Thompkins, RB Ridley, RB Vereen have all missed games as well (Ridley was the only one not from injury). This defense is awful, to the point where we are fighting to beat Miami and Cleveland. We are playing with a banged up OL (OT Nate Solder probably wont play @BAL next week), so we have to keep our blocking TE Michael Hoomanuwanui in at all times. That leaves us with our White Wideout core: Danny "IR-Ready" Amendola, "Austin "Concussion" Collie, and a fucking college QB/PR as our #1 receiver, Julian Edelman. Vereen was doubled the entire game today, and I assume that is what teams will do from now on, since it proved to work well. Brady has carried the team for 6 straight weeks, winning 4 and losing the other two in the redzone down less than a TD. 

So nobody is in as much pressure as Romo? Really? You have great receivers still (Witten, Dez, Austin, etc), one of the best pass rushers in the NFL, etc. If Romo was really that good, he'd find ways to win, like Brady does. Instead, he takes leads and finds ways to lose them, like he did versus GB

You just compared Tony Romo's last 3 years to Tom Brady's last 6 weeks. Ridiculous.

If you didn't notice, both Dez and Witten scored today. Miles Austin isn't a great receiver anymore. He's a torn hamstring from retiring from the game.

Yes Brees didn't have his top 3 coach. Romo's never had a top 20 coach.

The Patriots have had bad defenses, yes, but never defenses that were going to give up 30-40 points week in and week and you CERTAINLY wouldn't have allowed Matt Flynn to drop 37 on your asses.

Tony Romo didn't find a way to lose today. Monte Kiffin allowed Green Bay to score touchdowns on five straight possessions. 

STOP blaming Romo for things that are outside of his control. I'm done with it. 

Tom Brady has had the best coach of this generation at his disposal throughout his entire career, an offense that actually plays to its strengths, and more often than not a decent defense. Don't even pretend that he's under as much pressure as Tony Romo.

Falcons11497

LEGENDARY.
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:

There are a collection of other great QBs (Drew Brees among them) who have just as many late game iNTs as Romo. His are only remembered because he has a star on his helmet.

Let us not forget that Tony Romo single-handed accounted for Dallas' last two wins. This is what he has to do--win it by himself, or they lose. It's that simple.

No other quarterback is under that kind of pressure week in and week out. No other quarterback is surrounded by so much ineptitude, particularly on the other side of the ball, that he has to lead game winning drives in just about every damn game.

Drew Brees had a historically bad defense last year. Look how that season went for them. Tony's no different than anyone else. Big Ben isn't in playoff contention with a bad defense. There are 3 QBs who can carry teams. Brady, Manning, and Rodgers, and all 3 would have to sneak in with historically bad defenses. That's the nature of football. If you can't stop anybody, let alone Matt fucking Flynn, the guy on the other side of the ball can only do so much.

Tony has a few off games a year. Today was one of them. He was inaccurate all day, especially when throwing to Dez. 
lmao are you joking?

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well, pressure is on the boys tomorrow. Please don't let me down. 

Steez

Reaction score

My dude Stevie's mom died Saturday night. That eye black he wore today brings the feels, man. Dude gets ripped constantly by a lot of people, but regardless, he loves Buffalo and the fans more than any player I've ever seen. Love that guy.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
steezo said:

My dude Stevie's mom died Saturday night. That eye black he wore today brings the feels, man. Dude gets ripped constantly by a lot of people, but regardless, he loves Buffalo and the fans more than any player I've ever seen. Love that guy.

In the list of top NFL receivers, he's almost always forgotten. I often wonder what his stats would be with consistent QB play.

Steez

Reaction score
He's definitely talented as hell. One of, if not the only WR who consistently torches Revis. And he definitely has an issue with dropping some passes, but so did/do some other top WR's. Owens comes to mind off the top of my head. Like you said though, I'd like to see him with a top QB ... bet he'd definitely be heard of more around the league. Was shocked he decided to stay in Buffalo ... showed how much he really likes it here.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
I think Buffalo's on to something with Manuel. Seems like the kind of guy with the right stuff for winning games, especially late. If they can continue to improve their defense, which might center around convincing Byrd to stay, but it's starting to look like he might not be worth the distraction.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What if the Dolphins chose Brees over Culpepper in 2006?

The NFL and College landscape would be completely different now, as I assume Saban would still be coaching the Dolphins.

Fuhgeddaboudit

Reaction score
If Nicks gets big money, I'll flip a shit too. He hasn't done jack shit this season, they should take that into account. So should he.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well, that sucked. Sucks to be in good position, with the two seed in grasp and able to at least maintain that division lead and play like that and let the opportunity slide by.
Are you talking about the Saints or Bengals?

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:

Tony has a few off games a year. Today was one of them. He was inaccurate all day, especially when throwing to Dez. 
IN DECEMBER 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I need Stephen Tullock to stay under 11.74 points and I win. This sucka has only been over that total once this year.

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
That means he's definitely puttin up 11.75

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
Are you talking about the Saints or Bengals?

Why would I be talking about the Saints? ;)

Lets just get this week of football over with. All I can hope is the Lions win tonight, I do not want the Ravens to gain a game. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%