2013 NFL Gameday Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Went to the Lions game sunday against the bengals was a really good game other then we lost haha.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
.infamous said:
Went to the Lions game sunday against the bengals was a really good game other then we lost haha.

I thought it was great all around, I was there as well. That was me that flipped you off by the way. Haha jk

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Should Broncos Pursue Joe Thomas?
Last month, the Broncos contacted the Browns about tackle Joe Thomas. Nothing came of the talks but with the Week 8 trading deadline approaching, it's worth discussing

—should the Broncos try trading for Thomas, or perhaps wide receiver Josh Gordon? If the team acquired Gordon, they wouldn't have to worry about giving Eric Decker a monster contract in the offseason.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I was talking to my friends about this, in typical hypothetical bosox fashion

If the offer of Knowshon Moreno+ other salaries+ about 2-3 1sts and 2 2nds for Adrian Peterson came up, who says no?

I know the picks would be low, but this isn't the NBA, where a late 1st means nothing. You get a damn good player with a late first; he just might not be franchise-altering. And if you got 2-3 of those, plus 2 seconds, you have your rebuild right where you want to

And for Denver, you give up a fuckton of future assets, but does it really even fucking matter? The Broncos are in a Win All mode with Peyton, and it will probably be over when Manning retires and Brock Lobster takes over. You give Peyton Manning, the guy who is currently the best QB in the NFL, a base offense of Demarius Thomas-Eric Decker-Wes Welker at WO, Julius Thomas at TE, and Adrian Peterson at HB, and that team will not lose. Period.

If you think you can stop AP in a sub defense, you're mistaken. If you think you can stop those 4 fantastic receivers in a stacked box, you're crazy. Someone will get a favorable matchup for Denver, and it will cause for the other teams' demises. Nobody can stop that offense

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Broncos would be setting themselves back for a decade in order to have one, maybe two great years.

You lose out on a LOT of potential talent with 2 firsts and 3 seconds.  You can find year one OL/LB/DB starters in the 2nd round, so that could theoretically set them back five starting caliber players at positions of need, or two deep rotational players at the very least, for whom they would need to compensate via free agency. That would, in turn, put a huge strain on their cap, whereas rookies would be a much cheaper, sometimes better, alternative.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ernie sims gave lou delmas a gator egg when he was a rookie. he just donated it to a pet shop like five minutes from my house. the gator was 6 foot.

sims used to go to the shop all the time.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
I'm excited for the CJ/Brandon Carr matchup, as well as Reggie versus Lee and Carter. Should be a great game.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I know it's a bit early, and I'm not big on the "must win" scenario, but this would be a great game to win this week, especially with Chicago on a bye. Plus, we don't want to go into our bye week, going 0-2 on this home stand with the 2nd Chicago game after the bye.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I'm thinking we won't see much defense in that Lions/Cowboys game lol.. It's gonna be the Johnson/Bryant show 

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
McCoy4Heisman said:
It'll be the sequel to the Johnson/Green show last week lol

At least I can say I was at that game when Calvin made that crazy catch.. Happened pretty much directly in front of me, it looked like an INT all the way and then all of a sudden, TD. That woke the entire place up, that I do know. I was just more in disbelief than anything lol, not that I should be surprised cause he does amazing things on a regular basis. 

Lake Louise

Reaction score
WHO-DEY-BENGALS_14_18 said:

At least I can say I was at that game when Calvin made that crazy catch.. Happened pretty much directly in front of me, it looked like an INT all the way and then all of a sudden, TD. That woke the entire place up, that I do know. I was just more in disbelief than anything lol, not that I should be surprised cause he does amazing things on a regular basis. 
I still can't believe it happened either lol, but right when it did, I instantly thought back to the game against Dallas, very similar situation. That would've been great to see up close. That and the other TD he had. I completely lost the ball, and had to see the replay to realize where it went lol. It'll be hard to stop Bryant and I know that he feels he can do anything that Megatron can do, so he'll want to go out and try to prove it. I'm expecting a mid 30-near 40 points from both teams.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
McCoy4Heisman said:
I still can't believe it happened either lol, but right when it did, I instantly thought back to the game against Dallas, very similar situation. That would've been great to see up close. That and the other TD he had. I completely lost the ball, and had to see the replay to realize where it went lol. It'll be hard to stop Bryant and I know that he feels he can do anything that Megatron can do, so he'll want to go out and try to prove it. I'm expecting a mid 30-near 40 points from both teams.

I'll definitely watch that one as the Bengals don't play until 4. I think it should be a fun game to watch. I still think Detroit has a good chance to win the division, Green Bay hasn't impressed me at all and I think the Bears are about to fall apart. The Vikings... well nevermind. lol

Lake Louise

Reaction score

I'll definitely watch that one as the Bengals don't play until 4. I think it should be a fun game to watch. I still think Detroit has a good chance to win the division, Green Bay hasn't impressed me at all and I think the Bears are about to fall apart. The Vikings... well nevermind. lol
It should be. I know the last meeting that Romo helped us out big time, and the one years before that they won, helped by a mistake from the Paris Lenon. Both games were close, and I expect nothing different this time.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I seen .infamous post on facebook where he was sitting at the game and it was nearly right where I was lol.. That's pretty crazy and I didn't even know it. I would have definitely had to rub it in to him had I known he was nearly right next to me.. haha. He blended in with the other couple Lions fans I suppose. 

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I seen .infamous post on facebook where he was sitting at the game and it was nearly right where I was lol.. That's pretty crazy and I didn't even know it. I would have definitely had to rub it in to him had I known he was nearly right next to me.. haha. He blended in with the other couple Lions fans I suppose. 
I guess you couldn't have just shouted out "WHO DEY" probably, if you shouted "WHO DEY BENGALS 14 18" or "Dustin Bengals" it may have grabbed his attention haha. That is, if you did know ahead of time.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
McCoy4Heisman said:
I know it's a bit early, and I'm not big on the "must win" scenario, but this would be a great game to win this week, especially with Chicago on a bye. Plus, we don't want to go into our bye week, going 0-2 on this home stand with the 2nd Chicago game after the bye.

It's the same for Dallas. Neither team wants to be sitting at .500 after this week. We both have very winnable games coming up, though. You have the Josh McCown's and we have the Vikings, haha.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:

It's the same for Dallas. Neither team wants to be sitting at .500 after this week. We both have very winnable games coming up, though. You have the Josh McCown's and we have the Vikings, haha.
That's true. I wasn't thinking of it from the Cowboys side of things. As you mentioned, with a win or loss from either team, it wouldn't be terrible with the games coming up after this. I'm excited to play the Josh McCown's haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%