2013-2014 NBA Season Thread

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwbyUto2oR4

not major but with the history there you have to think russy hates him.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Keep hearing about how what he did last postseason was dirty, couldn't careless about that. But that's a little over the line.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It was dirty, and the fact that he tried to repeat it shows you what kind of dude he is. He has a "beef" with Westbrook and was hyped for this game, because he had previously hurt Westbrook. That's some shady shit.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
and if these two teams meet in the playoffs, in a seven game series, you know something WILL go down between the two of them.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
elcheato said:
It was dirty, and the fact that he tried to repeat it shows you what kind of dude he is. He has a "beef" with Westbrook and was hyped for this game, because he had previously hurt Westbrook. That's some shady shit.
not sure if serious

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bev just plays hard

He wasnt even going for a steal there, he was just trying to get under his skin because russell could do stupid things when he's peeved

Every pg hates bev. Did you guys see what dame said the other day?

Curry, dame, cp, russ

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
LOL Bev's play tonight wasn't even remotely dangerous, or similar to last year's. It was hilarious, if anything. I don't support some of his antics but I was actually quite impressed with how composed both him and Russy were in this game. I figured a double tech was sure to happen. 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
LOL Bev's play tonight wasn't even remotely dangerous, or similar to last year's. It was hilarious, if anything. I don't support some of his antics but I was actually quite impressed with how composed both him and Russy were in this game. I figured a double tech was sure to happen. 
a double tech for Beverly instigating a confrontation? How does that make any sense at all?

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
lmao yall are really gonna try to defend beverley? come on son

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I already posted multiple videos of him startin shit and having no control over himself weeks ago.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Mexi said:
Rox caught okc at the wrong time

Rox are hot and cocky right now and okc is beyond pissed

Meh

The Thunder MIGHT sweep the Rockets if they meet in the playoffs (both teams healthy)

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
^No. Houston's gotten better all year. OKC would win the series, because they're the best team in the league, but it wouldn't be a sweep.

Anyway, I just wanted to drop in and clarify my stance, as a Houston fan, on Pet Beverly. Please keep in mind, as you're reading, that this statement will both defend Pat Beverly and criticize some of the things he does. Please read the whole thing and don't overreact when I defend him slightly while referencing other players who do similar or worse things.

I love that he defends the living shit out of who his opponent is, regardless of their name or their stature in the player hierarchy. There's this perspective that role players in the NBA can't fight back against established names, that they can't shove them or hand check them or anything whatsoever. Pat says "Fuck that" and does it right back, and so far officials have been letting him get away with it because of all the things they let star guards get away with. It just seems like he does it more because it's how he's made his name as a player.

Let's be honest, for a few seconds. When Pat Beverly guards Chris Paul like this, no one cares because Chris Paul is the dirtiest player in the league, the player who tosses more elbows, delivers more organ shots under the radar, and in general makes more dirty plays than anyone in the league--by a long shot. Chris Paul makes Pat Beverly's somewhat dirty plays look like JR Smith shoelace incidents.

And as far as other players are concerned: 1. Steph Curry constantly pushes off when he's trying to create a shot, and therefore nobody should care that Pat plays him physical. It's a two way street. 2. Dame is a great young player, but he's also a bitch for whining about Pat when he, quite frankly, has his struggles with Pat. Every star has role players in their careers who defend them well. Friggin' Popeye Jones (remember him) used to give Barkley fits. Guys like Battier have allowed big point totals to stars, over the years, but you can bet your ass that 9 times out of 10 they forced those star players to shoot inefficiently. 

But that's the thing. Chris Paul does these exact same things (except for the 2 Timeout plays, which I DON'T like at all, even if last night's play was harmless and funny, which I think it was meant to be).  Why can an established star do things that make Pat Beverly look harmless, while Pat Beverly can't D you up for 94 feet, put his hands on you, and in general just pester the shit out of his opponents? It makes no sense. 

The whole Westbrook-Beverly thing is overblown. Pat made what he thought was a harmless gesture last playoffs and Russ ended up getting hurt. It's the ONE TIME that an injury has ever occurred on a play like that and yet people make it sound like he kicked a guy when he was down. It sucked, and I guarantee you Pat regrets it, but it is what it is and it doesn't define Pat Beverly. 9 games out of 10 Pat just plays a ton of defense and is an under the radar impact player for Houston, but there's always that tenth game that results in a star player bitching and people want to send Beverly to the guillotine. It's ridiculous.

Do I want Pat to review his style of play and understand the difference between being a pest and making an unnecessary play? Yes, but he's not Bruce Bowen staging his feet underneath shooters, hoping they land on his foot and twist an ankle. 

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Throw out whatever you have against the Rockets, BWare, etc...there is a 0% chance OKC would sweep Houston, even if that series were played 100 times.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
Throw out whatever you have against the Rockets, BWare, etc...there is a 0% chance OKC would sweep Houston, even if that series were played 100 times.

Zero, really? They almost swept them last season without Westbrook (FWIW, I fully understand Houston is not the same team as last year, but I thought it was worth mentioning)

OKC is a better team. They could sweep Houston, hence why I said "MIGHT".

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
By that logic any top team could sweep any top team, but is either Miami or Indiana going to sweep the other? No. It's basketball, and each night is different. While "might" is technically possible, the likelihood is the series goes at least 6, imo. There isn't that much separation between these teams. If we talk about the three best teams in the west (OKC, LAC, HOU), there's no team that's head and shoulders above. I think OKC is clearly the best team, but they're not about to sweep anyone in the top 4. 

Brutalis

"Take heart, or I will take it from you." - BN
Reaction score
Not a fan at all of the nick names being on jerseys but "CB" is just lame as it gets

Brutalis

"Take heart, or I will take it from you." - BN
Reaction score
elcheato said:
What was dirty about what he did last year? Enlighten me please.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:

Zero, really? They almost swept them last season without Westbrook (FWIW, I fully understand Houston is not the same team as last year, but I thought it was worth mentioning)

OKC is a better team. They could sweep Houston, hence why I said "MIGHT".
There isn't no might. They wouldn't. Zero, zilch, nada. Don't be an idiot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%