2012 NFL Gameday Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Still didn't hear an apology from bosox. Oh well haters gonna hate. The Ravens proved they were the better team today, and justified their victory from earlier in the season. He can stay mad all he wants though.

Over/under 100 times they show the Harbaugh parents at the Super Bowl in 2 weeks? i might go over. They'll get RIDICULOUS coverage

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
If Duke loses in the NCAA Tournament I'm gonna type a 17 paragraph response just to try and be cool like bosox tho haha

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
One thing though

Two of my stats were proven true today

Team that beats ATL makes SB
Team that plays AFC East makes SB

So yea, fuckyouCC.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

That Ravens trophy presentation after the game had some awkward moments.

VC15

Reaction score
The Ravens are living proof that the WWE is still alive to this day. How many other teams do you see pulling all of these cheesy antics?

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Omg

This is the only thing that could that could actually make me happy about the Patriots

Lombardi said that he valued Mallett as a Top 15 pick during the draft.

I'm hearing rumors of a Mallett for #6 type of deal. Thats gotta be BS, but how about a Spikes/Mallett/#29 for #6/2013 6th/2014 3rd?

God I'd be happy. Sorry Dan (although Spikes is a beast)

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I could maybe see a very late 1st for Mallet, at best. MAYBE. There is absolutely no way I could see any team giving up a near top 5 pick for a backup quarterback. Especially when you consider their lack of a 2nd.

Besides, that rumor came from bleacher report.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I could maybe see a very late 1st for Mallet, at best. MAYBE. There is absolutely no way I could see any team giving up a near top 5 pick for a backup quarterback. Especially when you consider their lack of a 2nd.

Besides, that rumor came from bleacher report.
I saw it from another source as well.

The B/R report was #6+ for Mallett. The other was a 1st round swap for Mallett.

I'd assume we'd need to move Spikes to get the deal

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
How could someone trade a top 10 pick for a guy who's thrown 4 passes in his career and was picked in the 3rd round two years ago?

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
How could someone trade a top 10 pick for a guy who's thrown 4 passes in his career and was picked in the 3rd round two years ago?
Because he was viewed by that GM as a top 15 pick coming into the league, and has sat behind one of the greatest QBs of all time.

I agree he shouldn't get more than a late 2nd in value, but you can definitely make the argument that from sitting behind Tom for two years, he's better than the other QBs in this draft

Falcons11497

LEGENDARY.
Reaction score
Because he was viewed by that GM as a top 15 pick coming into the league, and has sat behind one of the greatest QBs of all time.

I agree he shouldn't get more than a late 2nd in value, but you can definitely make the argument that from sitting behind Tom for two years, he's better than the other QBs in this draft
Why does sitting on the bench behind Tom Brady make him a better QB?
I guess Curtis Painter was better than all the QBs in the draft too from his 2 years sitting behind Manning?

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
To be fair, Painter didn't have the physical tools Mallet has, but I agree nonetheless. I think the notion that a QB is always going to benefit from sitting behind a great QB isn't always true. Nobody really knows if they will embrace the role, or if they're even mentally capable of absorbing anything from the other QB... or if Brady was even willing to be a mentor.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Mallett was considered 1st round talent, while Painter was Day 3 talent

Big difference

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I barely read one post on this page, but the Browns aren't trading #6 for Mallet in any type of deal. 2nd round pick next year at the most, and I wouldn't even want that.

And this whole "Lombardi likes him so it has a chance" is kind of stretching it. He has to run everything by Joe Banner, and certainly does not have final say. However, it wouldn't surprise me if Banner would be okay with Mallet, and it's a certainty that Chud and Norv Turner would want him.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
RT @gregaiello: @nflcommish has informed Saints HC Sean Payton that he is reinstated, effective immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%