2012 NFL Gameday Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If you didn't win it all, you lost. It's all the same if you didn't win the ring. Anyone who cherishes division wins, conference titles, etc is a fucking idiot.
Then what's the point of bragging about another team losing?

Falcons11497

LEGENDARY.
Reaction score
Obviously. Only the Giants can win playoff games in this division.
How many did they win this year?

back-to-back second half collapses in HUGE games. soft post calling when you have leads. you can place blame on the defense all you want but he clearly goes soft as a coach and plays to lose the game, rather than win.
I hate to say, but I agree. No excuse for continually going to the conservative play-calling in the second half. If he didn't learn his lesson last week, he never will. I still felt like we were holding back plays this game. Not once did I see a screen play, when we are one of the best at using it in the league. We can't save plays in the playoffs for the big game and still expect to make it to the big game...
But the organization would never get rid of him after getting our first playoff win...

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
Then what's the point of bragging about another team losing?
Lolwut? I'm bragging about my correct prediction just like Falcunt was bragging about how my prediction was incorrect last week. Nothing more, nothing less.

Falcons11497

LEGENDARY.
Reaction score
If you didn't win it all, you lost. It's all the same if you didn't win the ring. Anyone who cherishes division wins, conference titles, etc is a fucking idiot.
so being in the Conference Championships is all the same as being the worst team in the league with the #1 draft pick?
logic at its best...

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
so being in the Conference Championships is all the same as being the worst team in the league with the #1 draft pick?
logic at its best...
In the NFL, yes it is the same. You never know what can happen with the number of injuries, draft picks, FA pickups. This isn't the NBA

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Idk man the fact that we've had steady progress kinda makes it tough to get rid of him so quickly. I mean we lost in the NFC Championship, 4 points away from the SB. I don't think he deserves to be fired, there's only so much he can do as a coach dude
so quickly? he hasnt lead you guys to any playoff success. you cant keep blaming that on the team/players. hes too soft. he cant grab the team by the balls and take control.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What does making a championship game and losing really get you?

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
How many did they win this year?

I hate to say, but I agree. No excuse for continually going to the conservative play-calling in the second half. If he didn't learn his lesson last week, he never will. I still felt like we were holding back plays this game. Not once did I see a screen play, when we are one of the best at using it in the league. We can't save plays in the playoffs for the big game and still expect to make it to the big game...
But the organization would never get rid of him after getting our first playoff win...
sadly thats probably the only thing to allow him to keep his job when its the one thing that should get him fired.

Falcons11497

LEGENDARY.
Reaction score
What does making a championship game and losing really get you?
Bragging rights? Confidence/motivation going into next year? The fact that, at the end of the day, at least you're one of the NFL's best.
Sure, the ultimate goal is the win the Super Bowl, but only 1 out of 32 teams will make it. Its pretty ignorant to say every other team's efforts/successes were completely useless

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
so quickly? he hasnt lead you guys to any playoff success. you cant keep blaming that on the team/players. hes too soft. he cant grab the team by the balls and take control.
I mean he got us a win this year and that's improvement, it's not like there's a bunch of coaches out there that are guaranteed to lead you to a SB. We had injuries man, these things happen. I'm not in a rush to go to a new coach when we FINALLY got somewhere this season. All we need is an improved defense and running game, from there we should be fine.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd rather lose in the NFC championship than not make the playoffs, but that's just me..

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
Bragging rights? Confidence/motivation going into next year? The fact that, at the end of the day, at least you're one of the NFL's best.
Sure, the ultimate goal is the win the Super Bowl, but only 1 out of 32 teams will make it. Its pretty ignorant to say every other team's efforts/successes were completely useless
Nobody cares about 2nd place. Or 3rd, 4th, 5th...

And lmfao if you brag about making the conference game and losing. That's fucking ignorant.

AND GIMMIE MY MOTHAFUCKIN MONEY NIGLET

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bragging rights? Confidence/motivation? Who gives a shit about any of that. What bragging rights do you get exactly? And a player is doing something wrong if they didn't have the motivation before.

I'm not trying to get a rise out of you or anything, I'm asking a serious question. The Saints lost the NFCCG in 06 and I'll be the first person to say that the season didn't mean shit because of it. It's a loss, that's it. There is no sugar coating a loss in the conference championships.

Especially if you're a team that was truly a Superbowl contender.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Losing in the playoffs is the worst feeling in sports. I think I'd rather see my team miss the playoffs than watch them lose once they get there.

At least for the NFL that is.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's the same shit.
If you wanna look at it that way then sure. But I know we got a lot less work to do than the teams that didn't make it to our position right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%