2012 NFL Draft Thread.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
More Pat White to me.
Considering Russell Wilson is pass first, playing in a pro style system, with the ability to run, coming in under 6 feet, I'd say the comparison makes more sense to Troy Smith.

Mooche

Reaction score
He's not going to get good looks for the NFL because of his lackluster size, unfortunately.

As elcheato said, he comes from a pro style in Wisconsin, and he has shown he can use his legs to make some big plays for the Badgers. I see him as a 4th to 6th round type of player at this point, but there's no denying how impressive his college campaign has been this season.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Couldn't be any farther from Pat White. Pat White was a runner who could throw. Wilson is a QB that can run.
Meh. .Whatever..

Isn't really a difference from a runner that can throw and a passer that can run..

Mooche

Reaction score
The only guy that really deserves serious hype in the Alabama secondary right now is Dre. Barron can't cover. Period.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Every QB looks to pass first.
The difference between QBs who can run and runners who can pass is that QBs who can run are able to run because defenses are worried about their passing game. Runners who can throw are able to pass because defenses are worried about them taking off.

Russell Wilson = QB who can run.

Denard Robinson = runner who can pass.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
The difference between QBs who can run and runners who can pass is that QBs who can run are able to run because defenses are worried about their passing game. Runners who can throw are able to pass because defenses are worried about them taking off.

Russell Wilson = QB who can run.

Denard Robinson = runner who can pass.
Well I compared Pat to Russell for the same reasons. Pat was a short college QB, same with Russell. People were talking about last year that if Russell would of went to the NFL he might of been asked to play another position.. Just like Pat White was for a while, then when people realized he could throw the ball. He was drafted as a QB.

Its not about being a passing QB that can run, or a Running QB that can pass.. either way.. its the same fucking thing.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Every QB looks to pass first.
But some try and take off the second something doesn't go perfectly.

QB is in a 3 step drop and doesn't see his first option open so he takes off.

QB is in a 3 step drop and doesn't see his first option open, so he progresses to his second and third options.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
But some try and take off the second something doesn't go perfectly.

QB is in a 3 step drop and doesn't see his first option open so he takes off.

QB is in a 3 step drop and doesn't see his first option open, so he progresses to his second and third options.
Guess Gabbert is a "running" QB.. but can pass.

SMH

Flawed logic.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why isn't this stickied?

And I need some opinions on Vontaze Burfict? Sounds like he may be that nasty guy the chiefs defense needs

Mooche

Reaction score
He's a beast. I know some people aren't really sold on his aggressive style, but I love the way he plays the game and how mean he is personally.

I think he's a better fit for a 4-3 personally, but we'll see.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
He's a beast. I know some people aren't really sold on his aggressive style, but I love the way he plays the game and how mean he is personally.

I think he's a better fit for a 4-3 personally, but we'll see.
Pretty much the same.

The prototypical 4-3 MLB.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%