2012 NBA season thread

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kyrie 19/3 at half in 16 mins. Fuck man, just shut him down for the year. Make up an injury.

MR.ballin

$carface
Reaction score
Don't think the Knicks can move up to the 6th seed. The Bobcats are just a disgrace. They are getting owned by the Wizards by 22 right now. They are definitely not beating Orlando.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
if this is the new logo like i assume it is, i already dont like it

but i should give it a chance. i just dont like the shield shape

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Steve Fall ‏ @StatsMan

Kyrie Irving is the 2nd teenager in NBA history to score 25+ points in fewer than 30 minutes more than once (w/ Kobe
Next year, the takeover starts

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think he's definitely going to be better and isn't very far. If he took as many shots as Rose did, I'm sure he'd score more. He's a great scorer who is actually a great shooter (unlike many of the top PGs now)

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think he's definitely going to be better and isn't very far. If he took as many shots as Rose did, I'm sure he'd score more. He's a great scorer who is actually a great shooter (unlike many of the top PGs now)
Taking more shots will come with time. Ironically, Rose averaged 14.9 shots per game as a rookie, same exact number as Kyrie. Rose just shot a little bit better (47.5% to 46.8%).

The thing I think seperates them, Rose is a better passer. That could be because of who they play with, but at the end of the day their thing is just to play basketball, they can't choose which team they are on or who they play with, they just play. But Kyrie's AST/TO ratio is very very bad, only 1.7 assists per turn.

And Kyrie's defense isn't anywhere near where he wants to be. 1.11 defensive rating, which is actually higher than this offensive rating. You want that to be the other way around.

But obviously he's only a rookie, and both of those things should be improved upon. Thing is, you don't know how a player will progress. But like I said, I think he does have a chance at being better, not sure if he'll every actually be better than Rose in his prime though.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He is a much better perimeter shooter is what I meant when I said shooter, I understand that Rose takes more floaters/layups and thus his FG% may be higher... But Kyrie is clearly the better shooter.

I wouldn't be too concerned with Kyrie's assists in his rookie season considering the team he plays on.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He is a much better perimeter shooter is what I meant when I said shooter, I understand that Rose takes more floaters/layups and thus his FG% may be higher... But Kyrie is clearly the better shooter.

I wouldn't be too concerned with Kyrie's assists in his rookie season considering the team he plays on.
Yeah, I agree with you about shooting. Kyrie is shooting 42% above the break, that's very good.

Rose is shooting a better percentage from mid range, but it's close. 40% to 38%.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kyrie is just as good as passer as Rose. I don't care about his assist numbers considering his top two options on offense to pass to are Antawn Jamison and Alonzo Gee.

I probably wouldn't trade him for any PG in the league

:kobe:

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm biased for thinking a 20 year old PG who is having one of the best seasons ever for a rookie PG has the most value at that position. Silly me.

He's a better shooter than Rose, and I'm pretty sure he has similar numbers in terms of finishing around the rim. There is probably a place to check that and I may be wrong, but I doubt it. He's all around a better scorer. His passing is underrated if you're just looking at assist numbers as a tell all stat.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think it's safe to say that both Cleveland and Chicago will be more than happy with what they have for the next 10-15 years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%