2012 NBA Off-Season

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Heat win finals, Eddy Curry wins a ring!...oh, LeBron too.
New Orleans win lottery, Bobcats lose again....YOWO!
Let the Off-Season begin, hopefully with a bang..lord knows Detroit won't do shit.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dwight will be traded soon imo

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mannnnn, already the off-season.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So what is it? Four months until camps?

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Dwayne Wade might not go to the Olympics and play. Man the USA team is losing players left and right.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Royce Young @dailythunder

Scott Brooks confirms that Perk played the last three rounds with a partially torn groin.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Now he looks even dumber for playing him.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pending a possible appeal by the league office, the players union has won a "complete victory" from the arbitrator in a challenge to the NBA's interpretation of a collective bargaining agreement rule.

The union sought to ensure that teams that acquire players via the waiver claim process would retain the same Bird rights as when those players are acquired via trade. The NBA argued that a player's Bird rights should be re-set at the time of the waiver claim.

The ruling could have the strongest impact on the off-season plans of the Knicks, who would not have to use any of their signing exceptions to retain Jeremy Lin or Steve Novak.

Also helped by the ruling would be Chauncey Billups and J.J. Hickson, whose rights would remain with the Clippers and Trail Blazers, respectively.

The NBA reportedly plans to appeal the ruling, which would create uncertainty over the impending free agency of the affected players. The CBA dictates that an arbitrator's decision will not take effect until any appeals process runs its course.

Via New York Times

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
That is great news for the Knicks since they will be able to afford both key players.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Joel Freeland, a 2006 first round pick of the Blazers, is ready to make the jump to the NBA.

"I think this is my time to make that step if I get the opportunity," Freeland said. "All the things have to be in the right place though. They're coming over to watch me play on Saturday. I'm talking to their general manager, and will listen to their ideas, what he thinks I should be doing and what he would want from me. At the moment, until I have that meeting, I don't know exactly what will happen.

"But I'm open to offers. As I said all along, my dream is to be there and I think at 25 years old it's probably the perfect age to go if I'm ever to make the jump. I love playing in Malaga, I love being there, had a great time playing there but, at the end of the day, the NBA is where I'd like to be."

Freeland averaged 12.9 points and 7.5 rebounds for Unicaja Malaga of the Spanish ACB League.

Via NBA.com

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Warriors are interested in signing Brandon Roy, who is interested in making a comeback during the 12-13 season.

Bob Myers, Golden State's general manager, represented Roy when he was a player agent.

“It’s a possibility,” Myers said about Roy. “He’s an easy phone call to make.”

Roy is capable of playing both guard positions.

“I told (Roy) when he was amnesty-ed … ‘I hope this isn’t it for you. Make sure this isn’t it. He’s said publicly he wants to come back, so I’ll start to talk to him. It depends how everything goes for us and what his expectations are and all of that. But absolutely I’ll talk to him.”

Via Matt Steinmetz/CSN Bay Area

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That is great news for the Knicks since they will be able to afford both key players.
Still going to be tough with the new lux tax penalties. Even the richest owners are starting to reshape their rosters to pay for that. The Knicks would be facing like 11M in tax penalties this year, and that starts to jump an entire dollar (2.50, 3.50, 4.50, etc) every year you continue to exceed the cap threshold. Can't see any owner paying that.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
If Steve Novak makes 5+ million I won't know what to think anymore.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Finals Team Assessments, Post Series

Miami Heat:

What scares me about this team is how poorly they actually played during their playoff run. I understand that Derrick Rose was gone, that Indy was a year away from being true contenders, and that Boston was lacking one major defensive and spot up shooting piece, but Miami, though they somehow wasted six games on Indy and seven on Boston, literally played like shit every second or third night until the Finals came about. None of Miami's Eastern opponents should have lasted more than six games, at best. OKC was actually good enough to beat Miami, the one time they did and win the series had they played like Game 1 repeatedly. At the same time, Miami had stretches of absolute shit play in the Finals games, too, and most teams don't get away with that at the highest stage.

What happens when this team figures out how to put a game together, a series? Are we looking at a team that can be beaten by anybody other than OKC, and even OKC beating them would be difficult as all hell?

I am frightened for the future of NBA basketball. The fanbase will dissipate if Miami figures out how to be more than consistent enough to win series.

Oklahoma City Thunder:

In the playoff series that this team has lost in its tenure, they've looked simply overmatched, only to return the next season and dismantle whoever they meet at their lose-out level of the year prior. At the same time, they really do lack a defensive bench presence, and I think they need to not only sign Harden to maintain their bench scoring, but chase an old vet like Stephen Jackson to come off the bench, defend, and hit threes.

Also interesting for this Thunder team is the prospect of a post scorer off the bench. It's extremely unlikely for this to happen, but the perfect scenario for OKC is to be able to sign Carl Landry. He's one of the most underrated power forwards in the game and is an excellent bench player and no slouch of a starter, if need be.

Cole Aldrich was dominant at Kansas because he can ball. Why Scott Brooks is more likely to bring Nazr Muhammed off the bench when the bigs get in foul trouble is beyond me. You used a draft pick on this big white monster, you need to use him. If he's not a rotation regular by next year, it's time to question Brooks' ability to develop him and/or find a role for him. He's not a bad player at all.

What's even scarier than Miami winning multiple championships, and in a row, is a return to the 90s when non-Bulls fans must have been burnt out on the NBA.

You can add to that the fact that these were clearly the two best teams in the game, and with such young Superstars on both sides, are we looking at the Finals matchup for the next two or three or maybe even four years?

I don't see anybody dethroning either team barring drastic injury.

This is downright frightening.

adamu

Reaction score
hoping to god deng skips the olympics....

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
hoping to god deng skips the olympics....
His country is hosting. No chance that happens. I really wish he would though.

Next season is going to get off to a rough start... I'm not looking forward to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%