2012-2013 NBA Regular Season Thread

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Palace is looking sadder and sadder by the day with these crowds lol.

ZigZag

TEH GREAT ZIGGY
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Damn, I thought the Kings had it bad, but the Pistons are the only team worse. Filling up 52% of the palace on average

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Andre just got called for the weakest goaltend I've ever seen. SMH.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dope, now Frank is running the Maxiell-Villanueva-Maggette frontcourt.

I'm just about done with Frank.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Damn, I thought the Kings had it bad, but the Pistons are the only team worse. Filling up 52% of the palace on average
thats fucking sad. makes me wanna go to a game to move courtside tho lol

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Damn these Warriors announcers are so damn over dramatic...............

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
Lmao, only JR Smith would fuck up that bad just so he could hit the game winner

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Baffled as to why Villanueva is closing this game out rather than Monroe lol.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ill gladly let frank put the crappiest team on the floor if it means a top 5 pick.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
paul pierce needs new ankles this season. hes been dropped like 6 times already.

ZigZag

TEH GREAT ZIGGY
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Thomas Robinson's play has been really picking up the last few games. Starting to figure out the NBA

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BTW, if you didn't see LA-NO tonight:

So when David Stern joined the local Fox New Orleans broadcast team for a stretch of Wednesday evening's Lakers vs. Hornets game, a main topic of discussion was what the league might do about changing the rules to keep teams from fouling Howard so readily.

Stern was quick to point out that the league has instituted a rule that successfully stopped the tactic in the last two minutes: Foul a player away from the ball, and after the the free throw, the fouled team gets the ball back. The penalty is so steep the tactical advantage of fouling is gone.

Stern said he wanted to make that rule last all game.

"I would have liked to have seen the rule changed to make the last-two-minute rule the whole rule," he said. "It was getting to a point last year where, [in the] first period, they were just grabbing players. I think that's ludicrous.

"We tried to change it to any time in the game because last year I guess it was everyone was fouling Tiago Splitter early on and the committee didn't want to do it. And so that's just the way it is. Because the reality is that there are a lot of basketball purists -- and I understand that point of view -- who say 'Hey, why don't you learn to shoot foul shots? You're supposed to be a pro.'"

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
that fouling shit is so redic. its the opposite of good sportsmanship and good defense. lock your men down and play good team defense, attack the rim and get calls when you need a basket.

making foul shots has nothing to do with being a "pro". it becomes a mental issue, misses can be caused by your hands, your legs, your fingers, and even lack of muscle memory.

i never had an issue making free throws in bball practice, come game time in 4 years of hs basketball i shot like 63%. could not hit freethrows at all. it became a mental issue.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That article doesn't really mention it, but Stern said the whole game foul rule was shot down immediately, it wasn't really even discussed.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What about wrapping up a player around the rim so as not to give up an easy layup? How would they handle that?

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
that would probably be different, as it should be. fouling when the person doesnt have the ball and is on the other side of the court is bs.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I say when you have a intentional foul outside of like a minute just make it a tech, team gets to choose ft shooter and gets ball.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%