TTN2810

Reaction score
Rankings.
1. a) Blaine Gabbert
1. b) Cam Newton
1. c) Colin Kaepernick
4. Andy Dalton
5. Ryan Mallett

Obviously Cam has the most potential, Blaine is the most ready, but IMO Kaep could end up being the best one when it's all said and done. He's just a winner (not saying he always won, be HE is a winner). Dalton is also a dark horse, but he'll max out at a Ryan Fitzpatrick kind of QB IMO, and if Mallett can get it together, who knows. The potential is there.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Rankings.
1. a) Blaine Gabbert
1. b) Cam Newton
1. c) Colin Kaepernick
4. Andy Dalton
5. Ryan Mallett

Obviously Cam has the most potential, Blaine is the most ready, but IMO Kaep could end up being the best one when it's all said and done. He's just a winner (not saying he always won, be HE is a winner). Dalton is also a dark horse, but he'll max out at a Ryan Fitzpatrick kind of QB IMO, and if Mallett can get it together, who knows. The potential is there.
1. Gabbert
2. Kaepernick
3. Newton
4. Stanzi
5. Dalton, Mallet, Ponder, Locker.

Mooche

Reaction score
Newton
Gabbert
Locker
Ponder
Mallett
Stanzi
Dalton

I really, really like Dalton, but the best he will be is a back-up QB. I know people said that about Colt coming out of uT, but he doesn't have the tools athletically Colt has even.

TTN2810

Reaction score
I don't get why you don't like Kaepernick. At this point it's almost a lock he goes top 40, if not first round. He's miles ahead of Locker, Mallett, Ponder, Stanzi and Dalton, who you have all above him.

And to be quite frank, I would love to see the Titans trade down to 14 with the Rams to take him, also so the Rams could get Julio. I know Miami loves Kaep at 15.

Mooche

Reaction score
Honestly, I see him as a Brad Smith.. If you want my honest opinion. I don't care where he is going to go in the Draft, this is just how I view the guys ranking wise.

His passing isn't polished, at all, and he has BIG time speed. I'd use him like a Brad Smith on my team.

Dude is not a franchise QB in the making.

TTN2810

Reaction score
There's a big difference though dude. Kaep has a big arm, and is accurate, is a leader, knows how to read a defense, and most importantly, he's a student of the game. He's gonna work and work, and he'll win.

Mooche

Reaction score
How can you honestly tell me he knows how to read a defense effectively? I don't buy that for a second, at this point in time.

The NFL game is going to VERY fast for him mentally. And he's going to rely on his physical skills.

Newton is the same, but he's a lot more proven in a lot of aspects.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Of course it's different, but if you're as smart as him, he'll pick it up. Even at Nevada, sure the offense wasn't ideal, but at the line, he knew what the defense was going to do before the play. He knew what would be open. He's a really smart guy who'll put the work in. Look at Bradford, his offense wasn't ideal either, but he came in breaking records. These spread offenses are a big deal coming in, but it's not as bad as some make it out to be if the guy is smart and will work. Even Tebow showed tons of improvement at the end of last year in that area, and his offense was wacky. Kaepernick is just as dedicated as Tebow, and he has more talent.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
How can you honestly tell me he knows how to read a defense effectively? I don't buy that for a second, at this point in time.

The NFL game is going to VERY fast for him mentally. And he's going to rely on his physical skills.

Newton is the same, but he's a lot more proven in a lot of aspects.
Newton can make all the throws however.

Kaepernick can also.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't like Kaepernick either. I just don't see the hype. If he goes in the first round, it's going to be a huge mistake for whoever takes him.

Mooche

Reaction score
I don't like Kaepernick either. I just don't see the hype. If he goes in the first round, it's going to be a huge mistake for whoever takes him.
I don't see the love.. Wait, I do. Everyone falls in love with athletic ability. That's just how people evaluating talent are, and that's fine, sometimes it pans out.

I just don't see him projecting that well to a solid NFL QB.

Newton, Locker, Ponder, Gabbert all just project better to me than a guy like Colin.

TTN2810

Reaction score
LOL
So Newton projects better? Newton, the QB who's hype is PURELY based on physical abilities, projects better..hmm.
Sounds like a double standard..

Not to mention Kaepernick showed very good accuracy an touch in the Senior Bowl week, which Locker failed to do. Kaepernick looked superior. The only reason you have Newton ahead of Kaepernick is because Kaepernick was at Nevada and Newton was at Auburn. Put Kaepernick at a big school like that and he would be on that list of yours.

So, since Newton is purely based on physical abilities and is on the list, why isn't Kaepernick?
Kaepernick, arguably has the better arm. His QB coach saw him throw 85+ yards, and Kaepernick, who said he'll run in the 4.4's, will probably run faster than Newton, who's likely to run in the 4.6's.
Size is also negligible, both being 6'5, and over 230 lbs.

So, if Newton and Kaepernick are both prospects based on physical abilities, why is Newton on your list and Kaepernick not?

Plus, if we were looking into the likeliness of them picking up an NFL offense, the nod goes to Kaepernick.
Newton, is fucking dumb enough to cheat at university, and steal a computer and think no one will notice.
Kaep on the other hand, scored a 38 in the wonderlic.

I like Newton, it may seem like I don't, but I do, I just question his character.

Sorry for ranting, but I just want to see your reasoning.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
I don't see the love.. Wait, I do. Everyone falls in love with athletic ability. That's just how people evaluating talent are, and that's fine, sometimes it pans out.

I just don't see him projecting that well to a solid NFL QB.

Newton, Locker, Ponder, Gabbert all just project better to me than a guy like Colin.
Nobody is saying it BECAUSE athletic ability.

Kaepernick was the best QB at the senior bowl. He displayed that during the practices. His accuracy/arm was miles ahead better of everybody else.

Mooche

Reaction score
LOL
So Newton projects better? Newton, the QB who's hype is PURELY based on physical abilities, projects better..hmm.
Sounds like a double standard..

Not to mention Kaepernick showed very good accuracy an touch in the Senior Bowl week, which Locker failed to do. Kaepernick looked superior. The only reason you have Newton ahead of Kaepernick is because Kaepernick was at Nevada and Newton was at Auburn. Put Kaepernick at a big school like that and he would be on that list of yours.

So, since Newton is purely based on physical abilities and is on the list, why isn't Kaepernick?
Kaepernick, arguably has the better arm. His QB coach saw him throw 85+ yards, and Kaepernick, who said he'll run in the 4.4's, will probably run faster than Newton, who's likely to run in the 4.6's.
Size is also negligible, both being 6'5, and over 230 lbs.

So, if Newton and Kaepernick are both prospects based on physical abilities, why is Newton on your list and Kaepernick not?

Plus, if we were looking into the likeliness of them picking up an NFL offense, the nod goes to Kaepernick.
Newton, is fucking dumb enough to cheat at university, and steal a computer and think no one will notice.
Kaep on the other hand, scored a 38 in the wonderlic.

I like Newton, it may seem like I don't, but I do, I just question his character.

Sorry for ranting, but I just want to see your reasoning.
OK, so you question his character due to the fact the man made mistakes, and eventually received a lot of attention, and people got upset..

Hm, I guess you are like the rest of the media and want to get into the fact the guy made mistakes, and the biggest "mistake" of all was caused by his Dad. Ooohhhh. He's such a bad guy! Let's claim he has character issues now. Please. It's not like the dude is fucking sniffing blow. Let's get real.

He went to a big school so I have him high? I guess you don't get how I rank players.. I have a player from Utah State as one of my top CBs coming out this year, in a pretty top heavy class. Wrong. Let's not ignore the fact Cam Newton has amazing size as well, and he's had freakish production bringing a program back to stardom in one year, in one mighty fucking tough division. He won the National Title, the Heisman, and every other big award you could ask for.. That doesn't mean everything going into the NFL, but for me, it shows a lot about his character and his ability to bounce back.

Is he worthy of a top three pick in my eyes? No. Will he go there? It's almost set if he has a Combine..

Kapernick has shaky mechanics, and that's a fact. Newton is ahead of him as a passer at this point in time, I don't care what you say.. He did look better at the Senior Bowl, but we all saw in the game at times he should have clearly sat in the pocket and chucked the ball. Cam grew during the season, and in the National Title we saw that more and more from him, and eventually that passing threat lead to them winning that game.

As for your Wonderlic bullshit claim..

Ben Roethlisberger 25
Brett Favre 22
Peyton Manning 28
Donovan McNabb 14
Drew Brees 28

These guys didn't blow the Wonderlic out of the water, but looks like they are pretty successful in this league. No?

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
OK, so you question his character due to the fact the man made mistakes, and eventually received a lot of attention, and people got upset..

Hm, I guess you are like the rest of the media and want to get into the fact the guy made mistakes, and the biggest "mistake" of all was caused by his Dad. Ooohhhh. He's such a bad guy! Let's claim he has character issues now. Please. It's not like the dude is fucking sniffing blow. Let's get real.

He went to a big school so I have him high? I guess you don't get how I rank players.. I have a player from Utah State as one of my top CBs coming out this year, in a pretty top heavy class. Wrong. Let's not ignore the fact Cam Newton has amazing size as well, and he's had freakish production bringing a program back to stardom in one year, in one mighty fucking tough division. He won the National Title, the Heisman, and every other big award you could ask for.. That doesn't mean everything going into the NFL, but for me, it shows a lot about his character and his ability to bounce back.

Is he worthy of a top three pick in my eyes? No. Will he go there? It's almost set if he has a Combine..

Kapernick has shaky mechanics, and that's a fact. Newton is ahead of him as a passer at this point in time, I don't care what you say.. He did look better at the Senior Bowl, but we all saw in the game at times he should have clearly sat in the pocket and chucked the ball. Cam grew during the season, and in the National Title we saw that more and more from him, and eventually that passing threat lead to them winning that game.

As for your Wonderlic bullshit claim..

Ben Roethlisberger 25
Brett Favre 22
Peyton Manning 28
Donovan McNabb 14
Drew Brees 28

These guys didn't blow the Wonderlic out of the water, but looks like they are pretty successful in this league. No?
SMH. I think you just watch out for whoever likes the most, then hate them just to be different and have an opposing opinion.

Kaepernick doesn't have shaky mechanics, the senior bowl game itself doesn't really mean much, the practices are the games. Do you know that basically all GMs, Scouts, Ect leave after the last practice in Senior Bowl week? They don't care about the game.

The Wonderlic claim doesn't mean much as long as they're in the 20's. It's not a concern unless its like a near a 5 like Vince Youngs was. Most teams want atleast a 21.

Mooche

Reaction score
SMH. I think you just watch out for whoever likes the most, then hate them just to be different and have an opposing opinion.

Kaepernick doesn't have shaky mechanics, the senior bowl game itself doesn't really mean much, the practices are the games. Do you know that basically all GMs, Scouts, Ect leave after the last practice in Senior Bowl week? They don't care about the game.

The Wonderlic claim doesn't mean much as long as they're in the 20's. It's not a concern unless its like a near a 5 like Vince Youngs was. Most teams want atleast a 21.
That's not true at all... Why because I disagree on Kaep and Jimmy Smith with you? Come on Kam.. I LOVE, Patrick Peterson and AJ Green. I guess that fact is out the window then, hah.

Yeah, he does.. His footwork needs some tidying up, and just overall his form when throwing the football. He likes to just get away from it so many times in games. That might get hidden up at Nevada, not in the NFL.. Sorry. I am not saying Newton needs NO work, everyone in this Draft needs big strides at QB to be successful, but I'm telling you why Kaep is not worth a super high selection in my eyes.

Wonderlic is severely overrated.. That's my point, as Titan was trying to talk about how smart Kaep is.. That's nice, so is Alex Smith. It doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things.

Mooche

Reaction score
Oh, by the way Titan, Cam Newton was seen by his coach throwing a football threw a brick wall on campus at Auburn...

Almost as silly as your claim of arm strength for Kaep. Lol. :p

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
2. Newton
4. Gabbert
5. Kap
6. Stanzi
7. Locker
8. Mallett
9. Ponder

There is no #1, and there is a large gap between Newton and Gab for me.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Oh, by the way Titan, Cam Newton was seen by his coach throwing a football threw a brick wall on campus at Auburn...

Almost as silly as your claim of arm strength for Kaep. Lol. :p
I'm serious though. I'll find the article if you want.
And dude, his mechanics aren't bad, and if they are a little off, Phil Rivers are too, and he was second in passing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%