2011 NFL Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I learned today that Detroit didn't beat a +.500 team all year.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Don't think I've ever seen you say something about the Lions that was positive. Not once lol. Seems like you have something against them.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Lol I don't like them. Mainly because of Suh (love him as a player but the things he does are so unnecessary) and Schwartz (who supports/condones the attitude of the team as "dirty"/"hood"/whatever you want to call it).

And some of the stuff I hear Lions fans say (mostly Rip) pisses me off too.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Don't think the Bengals did either. All their wins came against shit teams.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Damn didn't even think about this until I seen it on twitter.

wingoz trey wingo The Bengals play the Houston Texans Saturday, looking to end longest playoff win drought in NFL. Their last win? 1/6/91 vs Houston OILERS

I was three months old then, we need to put an end to that.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm so ready for Saturday night, Saints are the hottest team in the NFL right now.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Man I cant wait for Sunday. Giants are finally starting to get healthy and we all know that the Falcons are not as good on the road. I think the key to the game will be the ability to stop Jones and White.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I haven't watched as much of the Falcons as I did earlier in the year, but it seems like if you can stop Jones over the top than you stop him all together. And Roddy White has had a very un Roddy White type of year.

Falcons11497

LEGENDARY.
Reaction score
Man I cant wait for Sunday. Giants are finally starting to get healthy and we all know that the Falcons are not as good on the road. I think the key to the game will be the ability to stop Jones and White.
Well, we're 4-4 on the road, versus a Giants team that's 4-4 at home
I'm sure it'll be a good game, but I see the Falcons winning
The Giants have a pass defense ranked 29th in the league, facing the falcons that are currently 8th in the league in passing offense
Sure, the Giants have a 5th ranked pass offense versus a falcons pass defense ranked 20th, but I dont see the Giants being able to beat us solely on passing. With their run offense ranked last in the league versus a great falcons run defense, I think the Giants' inablility to run will be the difference in this game. I think as long as the Falcons can stop Cruz and Nicks and get pressure on Manning, it'll be their game to lose

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Falcons run D has disappeared. Before the Tampa game they gave up:

162 yards on 44 carries, 3.7 avg
157 yards on 23 carries, 6.8 avg
116 yards on 19 carries, 6.1 avg
164 yards on 23 carries, 7.1 avg

599 yards at 5.5 ypc during a four game span? Yikes.

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
The key to the game will be the Giants pass rush. And coming off two solid weeks with Tuck healthy and now Osi back, it's looking much better.

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
Well, we're 4-4 on the road, versus a Giants team that's 4-4 at home
I'm sure it'll be a good game, but I see the Falcons winning
The Giants have a pass defense ranked 29th in the league, facing the falcons that are currently 8th in the league in passing offense
Sure, the Giants have a 5th ranked pass offense versus a falcons pass defense ranked 20th, but I dont see the Giants being able to beat us solely on passing. With their run offense ranked last in the league versus a great falcons run defense, I think the Giants' inablility to run will be the difference in this game. I think as long as the Falcons can stop Cruz and Nicks and get pressure on Manning, it'll be their game to lose
Easier said then done. Even with a horrendous Giants running game this year Eli has had success passing,and Cruz has had one helluva season. With the emergence of Cruz it really makes things much more balanced for the Giants. Double team Nicks, your gonna lead Cruz open, which is a big reason why he had such a big year. Put the attention on Cruz and Nicks will have a big game of his own.

Should be a great game though.

Falcons11497

LEGENDARY.
Reaction score
The Falcons run D has disappeared. Before the Tampa game they gave up:

162 yards on 44 carries, 3.7 avg
157 yards on 23 carries, 6.8 avg
116 yards on 19 carries, 6.1 avg
164 yards on 23 carries, 7.1 avg

599 yards at 5.5 ypc during a four game span? Yikes.
Arian Foster, JStewart/DWilliams/Cam Newton, MJD, and Darren Sproles/Pierre Thomas
those were the running backs in those past 4 games. And you said before Tampa. Tampa was the most recent game and Blount isn't all that bad of a running back. I'd take him over Bradshaw/Jacobs. And did you miss last ranked rushing team in the league. Saying 599 yards in a 4-game span doesn't mean the falcons are gonna let that happen against the last ranked rushing team in the league.

Falcons11497

LEGENDARY.
Reaction score
Easier said then done. Even with a horrendous Giants running game this year Eli has had success passing,and Cruz has had one helluva season. With the emergence of Cruz it really makes things much more balanced for the Giants. Double team Nicks, your gonna lead Cruz open, which is a big reason why he had such a big year. Put the attention on Cruz and Nicks will have a big game of his own.

Should be a great game though.
just like stopping Jones, Roddy, and Gonzalez is easier said than done
Double Roddy, you have Jones and Gonzalez. Double Gonzalez, you have roddy and jones. Double jones, you have roddy and gonzalez.
I can't wait for the game. The playoffs are always different, so I really can't say how either team is gonna perform come Saturday

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
just like stopping Jones, Roddy, and Gonzalez is easier said than done
Double Roddy, you have Jones and Gonzalez. Double Gonzalez, you have roddy and jones. Double jones, you have roddy and gonzalez.
I can't wait for the game. The playoffs are always different, so I really can't say how either team is gonna perform come Saturday
I absolutely agree. Which is why if the Giants don't have the pass rush they've had the past two weeks Ryan will pick them apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%