2011 NBA Draft Official Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It was definitley the Lakers who drafted the guy who averages 0.7 PPG in the D-League.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about Keith Benson?

lonesomefx

The Loud Mouth Pacer
Reaction score
Brandon Knight #0? hmmmmm. I wish he could've wore 11 like at Pine Crest, but something always goes wrong. Wall just left wearing that number in UK, so he didn't wear it. Then he gets drafted to the Pistons where Isaiah retired it. -_____-

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Detroit Pistons
Additions: Brandon Knight, Kyle Singler, Vernon Macklin.
Grade: D
Ugh.
I don't understand the hype behind Knight. I understand that he has promise, a sprightly nature, and a few years to go before we can ably judge him, but that's the case for quite a few guards his age who have contributed much, much more at this age. Toss in Detroit's already-crowded backcourt and the fact that it was a pick away from possibly adding a needed big man, and I just have to shake my head at yet another blown chance.
Singler seems like a fringe jack of all trades, and Macklin is a big man who averaged 5.4 rebounds per game last year despite working at 24 years of age.

SourceL yahoosports.com

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about Keith Benson?
He is a huge body, he will likely make your roster. He has a solid game. Defends the rim real nice.

Brandon Knight #0? hmmmmm. I wish he could've wore 11 like at Pine Crest, but something always goes wrong. Wall just left wearing that number in UK, so he didn't wear it. Then he gets drafted to the Pistons where Isaiah retired it. -_____-
He ended up taking #7.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Not sure about the Pistons' pick of Brandon Knight. I think he is a steal in terms of overall talent on that team, but he is just another tweener guard like Stuckey. I'm not sure either of them are pure PGs.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm in a chat room with Knight.. Dude is confident as fuck that he is a true point guard. Said he felt he was the best point guard to come out of the draft. I like this kid even more.

I asked like: "People view you as not a true point guard, any response to that?"
I disagree because I was a true point guard this year at Kentucky and led the team to the Final Four. So I don't know where that type of criticism comes from.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Lol just because his team went to the Final 4 doesn't mean he's a true PG. Hahaha

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Regardless, he views himself as a true PG.

Mooche

Reaction score
Lol just because his team went to the Final 4 doesn't mean he's a true PG. Hahaha
This is basically right.. I get what he's trying to get at but still.

I still think Knight is going to be a very good talent for Detroit. They're just going to have to pull some strings and make this work.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dumars made it a point to say he is going to add more "young talent," so we should see some trades soon lol.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I feel like I'm the best athlete in the world, must be true.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I feel like I'm the best athlete in the world, must be true.
Exactly what I was going to post. LOL

Knight can believe he is whatever he wants, but the truth is, he's a combo guard in the mold of Jason Terry.

JPDaBeast23

Reaction score
You think they should've taken D-Will and Brandon Knight or what?
Here's what I would've done as the Cavs GM. You take Derrick Williams #1. He's a small power forward/big small forward. I myself, feel he will be able to play the 3, he just needss to drop a few pounds, build a bit more muscle, get some foot speed, he'll be just fine. I think he was the best player in the draft. Then, you would have probably seen Enes Kanter go to the T-Wolves. Big deal, he wasn't going to 4 anyway. So, Jazz up. They're going to probably go with Kyrie, right? Fine, take him. Cavs have Ramon Sessions and BD, I mean you're paying BD 15 million anyway this year, so why waste a pick on him at #1? If the Jazz would've taken Irving, you still have two point guards that are great. I personally would've taken Kemba at 4. Yeah, yeah, he's not a true point guard, whatever. He's a competitor and he knows how to win. I think he'll be an all-star later in his career. The Jazz wanted a big man, depending on how much they wanted Kanter, they easily could've resorted to Valencius, and the Cavs possibly still have Irving on the board. Just my thoughts. Then, next year you have a lineup of Davis-Sessions-Williams-Hickson-Varejao.

Also, I thought trading Justin Harper was a bad idea, I'm very high on him too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%