2011 NBA Draft Official Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Most people seem to think so, yes. I think moving him to SG decreases his impact on the team, because he'd be playing off the ball more, but yes, I think Rose could play SG for some stretches of time (if the Bulls got another ball handler of course).
Exactly my point. Sure Knight can play the two guard, but as can plenty of points now these days. PG's in the NBA now are much better scorers than they ever have been. I just don't understand why Knight is taking criticism, and people are saying he won't be able to run an offense?

So we can't say that CP3 has great court vision because we don't know what he sees on the court? We can't say Jason Kidd has great court vision because we don't know what he sees on the court?

C'mon Rip, you're better than that

Just because someone is smart doesn't mean they have court vision
And what makes Knight's court vision any worse than theirs? lol

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You act like people have only been evaluating him for 11 games

Check out his recruiting page on ESPN http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/55821/kyrie-irving

He's been scouted since Novemeber of 2007
And check the top 100, and see who's right behind him with the same rating lol.

Thats the excuse for Brandon Knight..we get it he's a smart kid. Still doesnt mean shit on the court.

And yes..if you watched KI during the beginning of the season...it was clear KI is better. It really isnt even a debate really. KI's been better than Knight since HS.
I never said Kyrie wasn't better. I just don't understand why everyone is praising Kyrie's PG skills, and knocking down Brandon's. You can say court vision all you want, but really at the end of the day what did Kyrie do that Brandon didn't?

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Exactly my point. Sure Knight can play the two guard, but as can plenty of points now these days. PG's in the NBA now are much better scorers than they ever have been. I just don't understand why Knight is taking criticism, and people are saying he won't be able to run an offense?
I like Knight man. I think his career and Kyrie's won't be that different. When it's all said and done, I don't think one will be that much better than the other. They do different things well, but still, it's not like one will be a 10x All-Star and the other will suck. They'll both be lucky to make an All-Star game (with all the great PG's today), but will still be solid starters in the league.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I like Knight man. I think his career and Kyrie's won't be that different. When it's all said and done, I don't think one will be that much better than the other. They do different things well, but still, it's not like one will be a 10x All-Star and the other will suck. They'll both be lucky to make an All-Star game (with all the great PG's today), but will still be solid starters in the league.
That's all I'm saying man lol.
It just bugs me that people are saying Knight was a bad pick cause we don't need another combo guard. People can label him what they want, but he is a point guard.
And will produce as a PG, not a combo guard. And will be perfectly fine running this team.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Here's what I would've done as the Cavs GM. You take Derrick Williams #1. He's a small power forward/big small forward. I myself, feel he will be able to play the 3, he just needss to drop a few pounds, build a bit more muscle, get some foot speed, he'll be just fine. I think he was the best player in the draft. Then, you would have probably seen Enes Kanter go to the T-Wolves. Big deal, he wasn't going to 4 anyway. So, Jazz up. They're going to probably go with Kyrie, right? Fine, take him. Cavs have Ramon Sessions and BD, I mean you're paying BD 15 million anyway this year, so why waste a pick on him at #1? If the Jazz would've taken Irving, you still have two point guards that are great. I personally would've taken Kemba at 4. Yeah, yeah, he's not a true point guard, whatever. He's a competitor and he knows how to win. I think he'll be an all-star later in his career. The Jazz wanted a big man, depending on how much they wanted Kanter, they easily could've resorted to Valencius, and the Cavs possibly still have Irving on the board. Just my thoughts. Then, next year you have a lineup of Davis-Sessions-Williams-Hickson-Varejao.

Also, I thought trading Justin Harper was a bad idea, I'm very high on him too.
Chris Grant was apart of the Hawks staff that took Marvin Williams over Chris Paul and Deron Williams and this probably brought back memories.. Kyrie was the clear #1 pick, he has a definite position, a true PG who can still put up big points. You don't pass on Kyrie just because you have fucking Ramon Sessions.. Ramon is straight trash. He runs into the paint, without a care about his other team mates and throws up wild shots. No range on his jumper, a poor defender, a poor player. His stats are completely hollow and Baron Davis is not a long term solution.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score

I never said Kyrie wasn't better. I just don't understand why everyone is praising Kyrie's PG skills, and knocking down Brandon's. You can say court vision all you want, but really at the end of the day what did Kyrie do that Brandon didn't?
Kyrie pre-injury was the best PG in the country. Orchestrated the Duke offense to a T. I know you saw that Michigan State game...

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
And what makes Knight's court vision any worse than theirs? lol
I know you did not just try and compare the court vision's of J-Kidd and CP3 to Brandon Knight

My point in showing that was never to prove that Kyrie is going to be better than BK (although I do believe he will), it was just showing you that 11 games isn't the only thing scouts have seen of him

From high school to playing for the U-18 at the FIBA Championships, he's been watched for awhile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%