2011 MLB Regular Season Gameday Thread

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
You know that Reyes bunt to win the batting title has a sour taste in my mouth, idk....

It just doesnt feel right for some reason and Im a Mets fan....

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think it's a big deal.. It's a neat accomplishment, and I wouldn't be surprised if Reyes had an incentive in his contract to lead the NL in average or something.. Not to mention the batting average stat is starting to be dismissed more.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Was a nice move by Leyland to put in Perry instead of our setup pitcher.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He probably didn't want to pitch Valverde today, and was gonna use him as the closer, idk tho, just a guess.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Valverde was warming up during that inning.
They get a day off tomorrow, really didn't make much sense to me.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I don't think it's a big deal.. It's a neat accomplishment, and I wouldn't be surprised if Reyes had an incentive in his contract to lead the NL in average or something.. Not to mention the batting average stat is starting to be dismissed more.
Idk, it kind of makes it cheap in my eyes. Kind of like that bunt in the 8th against Verlander this year that broke up the no hitter. I mean congratulations and people will forget how he got it years from now. But right now, its kind of like; you left the game after 1 at bat? Really?

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Red Sox and Orioles are in a rain delay. They've played enough to make it an official game and the Red Sox are up by a run. That would be the gayest way to the end the season if the game gets called and the Red Sox make the playoffs and the Rays don't.

And Yankees, we should be throwing Swisher out there to pitch!

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Idk, it kind of makes it cheap in my eyes. Kind of like that bunt in the 8th against Verlander this year that broke up the no hitter. I mean congratulations and people will forget how he got it years from now. But right now, its kind of like; you left the game after 1 at bat? Really?
Braun had all season to catch him, that's my thinking on it. If you're eligible for the batting title, that's all the matters IMO.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Braun had all season to catch him, that's my thinking on it. If you're eligible for the batting title, that's all the matters IMO.
Yea your right, I agree. And besides, Braun just went 0-3 today so that bunt didnt even matter at the end of the day.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Red Sox and Orioles are in a rain delay. They've played enough to make it an official game and the Red Sox are up by a run. That would be the gayest way to the end the season if the game gets called and the Red Sox make the playoffs and the Rays don't.

And Yankees, we should be throwing Swisher out there to pitch!
It'd be worse if the Yankees/Rays game is closer.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
It'd be worse if the Yankees/Rays game is closer.
Still, there is still baseball to be played in that game and if they don't finish it because of rain the Orioles have no chance to make a comeback.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Do the umpires determine if the game gets postponed or how does that work?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jim Thome's last at bat as an Indian.. Was so glad they made the trade to get him back here.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jim Thome's last at bat as an Indian.. Was so glad they made the trade to get him back here.
Surprised he didn't go out with what he has done his whole career, killing the Tigers lol.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And the Tigers end the season 95-67. Valverde ends the year with 49/49 in saves.
Glad I got to witness this season. Was a great one, now time for some post-season baseball :)

Rooting for the Angels to pull it out against Texas. Currently 1-1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%