2011 IIHF World Juniors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooche

Reaction score
It's fine. Sweden looked damn good out there attacking today.

We need to learn Roy isn't the answer, and that we can't take complete breaks during games on the defensive end. This is an awesome wake up call for this team and they'll get it together.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Oliver Roy, give up on playing hockey. Go get an education, hockey just isn't the sport for you. I would rather see a Peewee hockey goalie in net then you. Dave Cameron make a wise decision next game in net.

Ryan Ellis, I love you man, but in that shootout you put it right into Lehner's pads, the whole net was open above his pad.

Pissed off, not our best game

Mooche

Reaction score
Oliver Roy, give up on playing hockey. Go get an education, hockey just isn't the sport for you. I would rather see a Peewee hockey goalie in net then you. Dave Cameron make a wise decision next game in net.

Ryan Ellis, I love you man, but in that shootout you put it right into Lehner's pads, the whole net was open above his pad.

Pissed off, not our best game
This.

Eakin needs to get healthy. He was out there grinding today but he just couldn't do it up with that hand hurting.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
The Sweden coach said that Canada has been its easiest opponent so far

kuley

Reaction score
Canada gets Bronze.. maybe. This years team just really isn't that great, and they don't seem to have the same kind of heart as past years. I really miss the years of Justin Pogge, Steve Mason, and Carey Price. Having a good goalie gives you so much more confidence.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Pogge came out of nowhere and stole the show. Sucks his NHL career didn't work out

kuley

Reaction score
Pogge came out of nowhere and stole the show. Sucks his NHL career didn't work out
lol, I was so excited when I found out he was a Leafs prospect after that tournament, i went to a bunch of marlies games to see him play and didn't think he was too bad. then he finally got called up and he looked so bad. maybe he'll find a back-up spot somewhere..

Speaking of goaltending though, does anyone know what's up with Benjamin Conz? Why'd this guy go undrafted twice? He looked amazing with the Swiss last year and he played pretty well tonight. He seems kinda slow but he stops the puck. the guy on TSN said he was 5'11, 198 lbs, is he a chubby, kinda out of shape guy? Is it something to do with consistency? I'm really shocked that no one has taken a chance on him and i don't understand why..

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
lol, I was so excited when I found out he was a Leafs prospect after that tournament, i went to a bunch of marlies games to see him play and didn't think he was too bad. then he finally got called up and he looked so bad. maybe he'll find a back-up spot somewhere..

Speaking of goaltending though, does anyone know what's up with Benjamin Conz? Why'd this guy go undrafted twice? He looked amazing with the Swiss last year and he played pretty well tonight. He seems kinda slow but he stops the puck. the guy on TSN said he was 5'11, 198 lbs, is he a chubby, kinda out of shape guy? Is it something to do with consistency? I'm really shocked that no one has taken a chance on him and i don't understand why..
Benjamin Conz! I had him in my NHL 11 Ultimate Team at one point. I actually sold him for a quality amount.

No idea that he went on undrafted twice tbh. He wouldn't be a bad pick up for a team that lacks prospects at the goaltending position.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Well u said he's slow and chubby. He obviously must have work ethic problems.

kuley

Reaction score
He is, but he stops everything almost, he's really strong at playing the puck, and has pretty good reactions. He plays sorta like Giguere, except he makes saves, and he can move around better. He's really small and he plays pretty deep, which you would think wouldn't work very well, but this guy does it. I'm just kinda in disbelief right now. He looks brilliant.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well his game isn't probably gonna work in the NHL if he's kinda slow. I'd like to see him drop a few pounds and add some speed.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They said Thomas' game wouldn't work. People still do actually. You never really know until it's tested.

Mooche

Reaction score
"Sweden won their goal medal, now and get yours boys". The words of Getzlaf.

Let's go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%