2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tigers94

Reaction score
Yeah, Wings have all the momentum right now. They should be able to finish the series up here

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm just hoping the Yotes get in the rhythm and can take it back to Jobing

This has been a nice and exciting series

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
After a very nice Detroit powerplay, Lauri Korpikoski with the power move leading to the Yotes goal

1-0 AHHHWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWOOOOOOOOOOWOOOOOOOOOOOWOOOOOOOOOOOO

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Almost 10 minutes in and the Yotes are killing off many penalties

ALL of Detroit's shots have been on the powerplay...SMH

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yotes score again but the Wings aren't having that so they score

2-1 game this is good

Brick.

Reaction score
lol did you really think the Avs would win the series?
Why not? The Sharks are known to choke and if the Avs didn't have injuries it would have been even more closer. Plus the Avs are random, did you expect them to make the playoffs? Nobody gave them a chance but they still made it so thats why I gave them a chance here.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why not? The Sharks are known to choke and if the Avs didn't have injuries it would have been even more closer. Plus the Avs are random, did you expect them to make the playoffs? Nobody gave them a chance but they still made it so thats why I gave them a chance here.
I've been saying all along "why not"

The Sharks are known to choke you're right but their team is so much better/stronger and they proved it by overcoming their struggles and winning that series.

You can say if the Avs weren't injured they would have made it closer, but thats a what if. What if the Sharks were clutch and could win when it actually counted? Too late for what ifs now though

Brick.

Reaction score
I've been saying all along "why not"

The Sharks are known to choke you're right but their team is so much better/stronger and they proved it by overcoming their struggles and winning that series.

You can say if the Avs weren't injured they would have made it closer, but thats a what if. What if the Sharks were clutch and could win when it actually counted? Too late for what ifs now though
I'm not saying they should have won. I'm saying that they should have at least gotten more of a chance of winning by experts.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm not saying they should have won. I'm saying that they should have at least gotten more of a chance of winning by experts.
Apparently the experts were right. The Avs aren't ready to take on a team like the Sharks

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm nervous for a game 7. But at the same time I'm confident the Wings can get it done.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm nervous for a game 7. But at the same time I'm confident the Wings can get it done.
Flash back to Game 7 of the 2008-2009 Stanley Cup Finals with that statement^

The Yotes have the momentum, the Wings have an inexperienced goalie, thats an equation for trouble

LETS GO YOTES

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Woohoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Canucks win 3-2 and had another come from behind win.
Congrats to Kings for putting on a good show. They are going to be a great team.
Bring on whoever!!!!
I don't think we'd comeback if it wasn't for this save.

stewza

Reaction score
If Crosby keeps up his point production and the Pens make it to the finals he's going to be #3 in single playoffs points, behind Gretzky twice.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
and that's just what we need, to hear more about Crosby

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Don't worry, if your Bruins win, you'll be seeing him doing what he does best rather than hearing about it

Through six games against the Sens, Sidney Crosby(notes) already has five goals and nine assists. That's right, 14 points and a plus-7 from six games.

Maybe the most amazing part is that he's doing it against the Senators. I know, I know. The Senators are awful. But there's no team in the league that has Crosby's number like the Sens do. In the 17 games against Ottawa over the last five seasons, he has two goals, 13 points and a minus-8. So to make it clear, in a six-game playoff series, Crosby has three more goals and one more point than he did in his entire career.

[font="arial][color="#111111"]
[/color][/font]
[font="arial][color="#111111"]Stop hating[/color][/font]

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's okay though, I know Orr > Crosby. Forever.

Tigers94

Reaction score
Flash back to Game 7 of the 2008-2009 Stanley Cup Finals with that statement^

The Yotes have the momentum, the Wings have an inexperienced goalie, thats an equation for trouble

LETS GO YOTES
It's actually the other way around. The Wings are away in this Game 7, as were the Pens. And imo the momentum thing is all crap. If momentum really mattered, the Wings would have won yesterday, especially after coming off of 3-0, and 4-1 wins.

With all this said, I'm pretty nervous. Howard has shown signs of greatness, but has had a few bad games so far also. I'm curious to see which version of him we'll get.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's okay though, I know Orr > Crosby. Forever.
We'll see come the end of his career. Post-lockout NHL is so much different, you can't even compare players of the past to the ones of the present anymore.

So...I heard Matt Cooke said that 2 goal game against the Sens was just a warm up for when he explodes on Boston...if they make it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%