2010-11 Regular Season Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Where to being....

1) Ryan Miller. Man, I can't believe I felt so bad for you after the Olympics. Too bad tremendous skill doesn't make up for the fact that you are a GIANT dickhole. If you leave your crease to go stop a puck and run into Shawn Thornton, there's no need to cry because you got a boo-boo; don't worry, Lindy's tears will heal you up just fine. But that's not even it. Just because every player skates by you, or through your crease, does not mean you have to throw your stick into their mid-section. Not everyone is trying to get at you. This especially goes for when Zdeno Chara is skating towards the puck behind the net and doesn't even go through you, just by you. It's pretty easy under those mounds of pads though, isn't it?
EDIT 2: I realize that, in the moment, I got mad at something I didn't need to be upset about. Yes, goalies jab at players in their crease. I was just angry with Miller at the time. Again, I still stand by my other points.

2) NHL Referees. I understand that there is an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. What I don't understand is WHY there is an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. (This is, of course, solely in reference to calling it for "Abuse of officials") You missed an interference call on Lucic and he let you hear it. FROM THE BENCH. What'd he do? Hurt your feelings? You gonna cry to mommy about it and make her call Lucic's mother? The leagues needs to grow a set.
EDIT: According to a Bruins reporter, Lucic called him a joke and embarrassing and that's what got him the penalty.

3) Last but certainly not least: Patrick Kaleta. If there is any case for getting rid of the instigator penalty it is this filthy little sewer rat <Censored>. He is EXACTLY like Steve Ott. Avery's a jackass but usually he's a <Censored> talker and will occasionally will drop the gloves. These two (Ott and Kaleta) are the one's who throw stupid, reckless, borderline dirty, hits but don't answer the bell.

Case(s) in point: A) Kaleta does his best Bill Goldberg and basically spears Ference into the boards. Ference didn't like it and took a shot at Kaleta. Ference goes in the box. B) Later on Kaleta gets too involved while Rask is covering the puck and Chara takes exception. Kaleta is jawing away and grabs a hold of Chara but refs are quickly there (boy, he knows how to pick his battles). C) After Thornton's "penalty" Kaleta didn't go after Thornton. No he went right after Brad Marchand after Marchand had thought he scored. Just protecting his goalie, right? D) I may be wrong but, during one Bruins rush, McQuaid was jumping up on the play and Kaleta baseball slid and took him out. Of course, as usual, he timed his slide perfect because he didn't catch McQuaid with the skate but rather his knee/body.

Assholes like him are the reason why the instigator rule is a complete joke in the NHL. Back when real hockey was played a dick-cheese like him would have had his face rearranged night in and night out until he either changed his ways or smartened up and quit hockey.

steezson

Banned
Reaction score
Where to being....

1) Ryan Miller. Man, I can't believe I felt so bad for you after the Olympics. Too bad tremendous skill doesn't make up for the fact that you are a GIANT dickhole. If you leave your crease to go stop a puck and run into Shawn Thornton, there's no need to cry because you got a boo-boo; don't worry, Lindy's tears will heal you up just fine. But that's not even it. Just because every player skates by you, or through your crease, does not mean you have to throw your stick into their mid-section. Not everyone is trying to get at you. This especially goes for when Zdeno Chara is skating towards the puck behind the net and doesn't even go through you, just by you. It's pretty easy under those mounds of pads though, isn't it?

2) NHL Referees. I understand that there is an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. What I don't understand is WHY there is an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. (This is, of course, solely in reference to calling it for "Abuse of officials") You missed an interference call on Lucic and he let you hear it. FROM THE BENCH. What'd he do? Hurt your feelings? You gonna cry to mommy about it and make her call Lucic's mother? The leagues needs to grow a set.
EDIT: According to a Bruins reporter, Lucic called him a joke and embarrassing and that's what got him the penalty.

3) Last but certainly not least: Patrick Kaleta. If there is any case for getting rid of the instigator penalty it is this filthy little sewer rat <Censored>. He is EXACTLY like Steve Ott. Avery's a jackass but usually he's a <Censored> talker and will occasionally will drop the gloves. These two (Ott and Kaleta) are the one's who throw stupid, reckless, borderline dirty, hits but don't answer the bell.

Case(s) in point: A) Kaleta does his best Bill Goldberg and basically spears Ference into the boards. Ference didn't like it and took a shot at Kaleta. Ference goes in the box. B) Later on Kaleta gets too involved while Rask is covering the puck and Chara takes exception. Kaleta is jawing away and grabs a hold of Chara but refs are quickly there (boy, he knows how to pick his battles). C) After Thornton's "penalty" Kaleta didn't go after Thornton. No he went right after Brad Marchand after Marchand had thought he scored. Just protecting his goalie, right? D) I may be wrong but, during one Bruins rush, McQuaid was jumping up on the play and Kaleta baseball slid and took him out. Of course, as usual, he timed his slide perfect because he didn't catch McQuaid with the skate but rather his knee/body.

Assholes like him are the reason why the instigator rule is a complete joke in the NHL. Back when real hockey was played a dick-cheese like him would have had his face rearranged night in and night out until he either changed his ways or smartened up and quit hockey.
You sound upset, bud. Thats honestly one of the worst posts I've read in message board history. This is hockey, not a goddamn tea party. People get hit and if Miller feels like people are in his area, he can do what he wants to clear his crease.

And Kaleta is far from dirty. He plays with aggression and passion. He is so good at what he tries to do every night and that is get inside the opponents head. All night you guys were getting pissed off at Kaleta because he puts the body on you and you don't do <Censored>. Kaleta would <Censored> anyone on that team up anyways.

Stop being a little <Censored>. It's hockey. It's aggressive. People get hit and players aren't out there to make friends with the opponent, so yeah, Ryan Miller probably is a giant dickhole on the ice, but so is everyone else, including the Bruins.

All in all, we got the win, you guys lost. I have to say it was a good night.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lulz, thank you for the little pick me up "bud". Especially the worst post in message board history, that was probably my favorite or the Kaleta part.

BtheW, I could have riffed a list of what the Bruins did wrong, and BELIEVE me it would have been THRICE as long, but I chose to vent my frustration on what happened on the other side of the ice because, quite frankly, I see the Bruins every night. It's good to switch it up a bit.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And, FWIW, sure Miller can clear his crease but once he comes OUT then he shouldn't be <Censored>ing about running into people....that's another story though.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Red Wings with the W 5-2. Nicklas Lidstrom aka "The Perfect Human" had a Hat Trick. Dudes been doing it forever and he's still getting it done. 22 points, on the year, before that game. Amazing. Surprisingly, it's his 1st career hat trick.

steezson

Banned
Reaction score
So you liked my whole post? Good to know. I thought it was very insightful also.

And who says Miller is <Censored>ing about getting hit outside the crease? Are you talking about the goal that got waved off? Because if so, then he was definitely interfered with in the crease and ended up damn near the face-off circle afterwards. I didn't see Miller "<Censored>ing" at all.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Oh absolutely insightful. Quite possibly greatest in sports board history man. And you were right I was upset, clearly, which spawned the rant. Maybe I was a bit harsh on Miller but, w/e, I was upset and these things happen. But, respectfully of course, I disagree with you and stand by my other points. Oh and by the way....

definitely in the crease, huh?

If anything the "interference" would have been with Campbell but there was a mess of players that you could hardly call a clear interference. Because, as you so poetically put it, "It's hockey. It's aggressive...blah blah blah"

But, alas, what do I know? I'm just "being a little <Censored>."

STLZACH

Go Blues!
Reaction score
Hey, Mr. Injury God person guy, why don't you just INJURE THE ENTIRE <Censored>ING ROSTER?

steezson

Banned
Reaction score
Oh absolutely insightful. Quite possibly greatest in sports board history man. And you were right I was upset, clearly, which spawned the rant. Maybe I was a bit harsh on Miller but, w/e, I was upset and these things happen. But, respectfully of course, I disagree with you and stand by my other points. Oh and by the way....

definitely in the crease, huh?

If anything the "interference" would have been with Campbell but there was a mess of players that you could hardly call a clear interference. Because, as you so poetically put it, "It's hockey. It's aggressive...blah blah blah"

But, alas, what do I know? I'm just "being a little <Censored>."
I'm not saying there should be no penalties for interference. My "it's hockey, it's aggressive" remark was in response to you being mad Ryan Miller shoved Chara. Players shove each other all the time and don't get called because they shouldn't. That is not interference, it's physical play and people get caught up in the game.

I can see why you're upset and I've been on the same side you are and I didn't like it either, but that's what being a fan is. In our minds, our team is always in the right and the other team is dirty. No other way to put it.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Red Wings with the W 5-2. Nicklas Lidstrom aka "The Perfect Human" had a Hat Trick. Dudes been doing it forever and he's still getting it done. 22 points, on the year, before that game. Amazing. Surprisingly, it's his 1st career hat trick.
Hasn't lost a step, continues it every year.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wow, what a shock, Bruins have another slow 1st period and find themselves down a goal...

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Man kesler is just on fire. Hopefully he keeps up.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Crosby with that 21 game point streak with his 3 tonight <3

And Malkin...5 point night jizzzzzzzzzzzzz

macneilman

Reaction score
Grabovski is <Censored> hot right now! Him and Schenn are the only two consistantly good leafs at the moment.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Capitals are raping the Devils right now...4-1 in the 2nd. People that think trading Marty would be the end of the world for fans...think twice. This crowd is booing everyone wearing white right now. Defense is non-existent and Brodeur is moving like his pads are made out of concrete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%