• (1) Auburn (13-0)

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • (2) Oregon (12-0)

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cam is alright because that 100K didn't go towards tattoos.. Other wise, he'd be suspended

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cam is alright because that 100K didn't go towards tattoos.. Other wise, he'd be suspended
Exactly.

The NCAA sacrificed integrity for ratings. Players have been declared ineligible for a hell of a lot less.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Until somebody blows the horn that Auburn did send a check to Cecil Newton. I'd say when Newton is 2-3 years into his pro career.
Anymore predictions?..

Thank You Cam...shoutout to Fairley and Dyer...Fairley is a fucking beast

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Anymore predictions?..

Thank You Cam...shoutout to Fairley and Dyer...Fairley is a fucking beast
1 more for the road...

Cameron Newton is an NFL bust at quarterback.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cool...

Shoutout to the Auburn Tigers.... and Cam

Did anybody figure out what was wrong with LaMichael's finger. My dad said it looked like it was broken.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LOL...TYO. You are way too quick to fall in love with whoever the "hot" college player is each season.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LOL...TYO. You are way too quick to fall in love with whoever the "hot" college player is each season.
Naw...I was with Cam at the beginning of the year.

And now that KU has a decent class...and my friend will be playing for them next year. I'm gonna rock with my dude no bruno.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Naw...I was with Cam at the beginning of the year.

And now that KU has a decent class...and my friend will be playing for them next year. I'm gonna rock with my dude no bruno.
You are just racist against white quarterbacks....you bastard.

The Edge

Reaction score
Despite being close, did anyone else not find this game to be a huge disappointment. I noticed a few odd things.

- The Refs near seemed out to get Oregon at times in this game, allowing whoever #32 for Auburn to stay in the game after laying out and busting the Oregon player's eye open. I was keeping count of how many points Auburn scored off drive continuing plays on very questionable calls but now that its over I can only remember two of the 9 points. 3-4 snaps prior to Oregon getting a safety, Newton had a shotgun and the RB came in motion forwards toward the line, didn't really even pause(i mean he slowed down but didn't pause for the full second) before the snap. No illegal motion was called and the drive stalled on the 4th and goal attempt, leaving Oregon backed up. Then the shovel pass called back for that phantom illegal motion and then the Auburn safety. Then there was one point where Fairley was taking some cheap shots, got penalized for 1 but should have been ejected as well. Then he had a very malicious facemask that didn't even get called.

- The arrogance of Oregon's playcalling was really weird. They came in with this mind frame that simple because SEC schools are bigger that they couldn't go east-west with them. I think Auburn really stepped up and showed that SEC has size and does not sacrifice much speed for that size.

Overall I think Oregon should have won the game on the scoreboard due to referree penalties but I can't help but feel the team that played the best football got the win. Auburn had the speed, they pretty much outphysicalled and manhandled Oregon. I have to commend the Oregon defense though because they shut Newton down about as much as one could expect to, they just didn't have the size up front to really put a stop to the Auburn run game. Refs kinda butted their heads in and ruined this for me.

A rather forgettable BCS Game but at least the title lives within the SEC for another year.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
DT's aren't supposed to be nice. I'd love to have him on the chiefs D-line.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Seriously? You already have his twin in Dorsey.

The Edge

Reaction score
DT's aren't supposed to be nice. I'd love to have him on the chiefs D-line.

As a friend(big Chiefs fan) of mine just put it when I asked him what he thought about your quote and i got this response:

there's a difference in not nice and a little thug bitch
I would have to concur. He's going to be a behavioral problem and get his team into a lot of heat with how he acts after the plays are over.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Despite being close, did anyone else not find this game to be a huge disappointment. I noticed a few odd things.

- The Refs near seemed out to get Oregon at times in this game, allowing whoever #32 for Auburn to stay in the game after laying out and busting the Oregon player's eye open. I was keeping count of how many points Auburn scored off drive continuing plays on very questionable calls but now that its over I can only remember two of the 9 points. 3-4 snaps prior to Oregon getting a safety, Newton had a shotgun and the RB came in motion forwards toward the line, didn't really even pause(i mean he slowed down but didn't pause for the full second) before the snap. No illegal motion was called and the drive stalled on the 4th and goal attempt, leaving Oregon backed up. Then the shovel pass called back for that phantom illegal motion and then the Auburn safety. Then there was one point where Fairley was taking some cheap shots, got penalized for 1 but should have been ejected as well. Then he had a very malicious facemask that didn't even get called.

- The arrogance of Oregon's playcalling was really weird. They came in with this mind frame that simple because SEC schools are bigger that they couldn't go east-west with them. I think Auburn really stepped up and showed that SEC has size and does not sacrifice much speed for that size.

Overall I think Oregon should have won the game on the scoreboard due to referree penalties but I can't help but feel the team that played the best football got the win. Auburn had the speed, they pretty much outphysicalled and manhandled Oregon. I have to commend the Oregon defense though because they shut Newton down about as much as one could expect to, they just didn't have the size up front to really put a stop to the Auburn run game. Refs kinda butted their heads in and ruined this for me.

A rather forgettable BCS Game but at least the title lives within the SEC for another year.
Good post Edge & yes, I made a lot of the same observations. I felt the referees did a terrible job calling this game and for as much as Auburn bitched about how fast Oregon likes to sub offensive personnel...they constantly got away with illegal motion.

Auburn pressured the shit out of Oregon up the middle and for some odd reason, Chip Kelly kept forcing James toward the rush...rather than looking to go outside more. Kelly used Balmer as a decoy all game long...rather than feeding him the ball once in a while. The entire defense keyed in on James, so it only makes sense to move him around and drag try to spread out Auburn's rush.

Oregon lost this game b/c of poor tackling. Auburn had short passes and short runs that turned into long gains and first downs....strictly b/c of yards after contact. I think this is a testament to just how much more smashmouth the SEC brand of football is when compared to the more finesse Pac 10.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
As a friend(big Chiefs fan) of mine just put it when I asked him what he thought about your quote and i got this response:
Ask your friend..how did he like seeing Tyson Jackson trying to hurt Flacco. Or about the head to head Belcher hit flacco with. And how did he love Shaun Smith...grabbing opposing players nuts to start off the season. Or shaun calling Ocho a <Censored>...on twitter.

The Edge

Reaction score
Oregon lost this game b/c of poor tackling. Auburn had short passes and short runs that turned into long gains and first downs....strictly b/c of yards after contact. I think this is a testament to just how much more smashmouth the SEC brand of football is when compared to the more finesse Pac 10.
It wasn't just poor tackling. It was like it was Oregon's mission to come in and do nothing but force turnovers rather than let the turnovers come when the opportunity presented itself. I can't even recall how many times we seen Dyer carry defenders who were focused on getting the ball out rather than bringing him down. I think Oregon wanted to come in and embarrass them or something the way they were playing. No sense in letting RB and receivers carry your LB and CB 5-6 extra yards while they were trying to get the ball out. I think pure fundamental football is basically the difference. Oregon was arrogant and tried a lot of gimmicks rather than spreading their speed out and using the slight advantage instead of trying to run the ball when they were severely outmatched at the line.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%