Not open for further replies.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lol you said they were nonfactors in his championships, so 07 should count lol

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Duncan won when TP and Manu were non-factors as well as David. He's probably the only player to win a title on his own.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You can say Manu was a nonfactor in 03 and maybe Robinson, even though his defense made a difference, but 03 was when Parker began emerging. So I still disagree, but I can see what your saying.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Parker emerged because of Duncan. He basically won the title on his own.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Alright obviously guards are going to get open shots when theres a dominant big man, but Parker has never been a jump shooter, so to say he emerged b/c of Duncan is wrong.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Parker became a star in this league because of his mid range jumper... And his speed of course but he was nothing until he developed his mid range jumper.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And he didnt have that in 03, he was primarily a driver and had that floater.

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
Gratz to the Lakers especially Kobe.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I knew they'd take it in game 5...the finals were kinda lame, but the Magic could of made it interesting. They nearly had game 2, but missed (open) shots late in the game, then in game 3 or 4, they were up with like 11 seconds left and still managed to lose. But whatever...Lakers win again...what a shocker.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Ric Bucher about to tackle that kid.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cavs-Lakers would have been a much more epic final, it's just the Cavs couldn't stop Dwight.

Congrats to Cavs, btw I was in Cali in San Diego the last half week on vacation :p

congrats lakers

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Da phuck were you doing at home posting here when you were supposed to be at Staples Center goin' crazyyyyyy!!!!!! ahahahaha shiiiiiiiit. Dont you live like down the street from Staples? YO!! I saw Elie Seckbach there!! He's a short dude ahaha. But damn, EL AYE EL!! WORLD WIDE CHAMPIONS ONCE AGAIN!!!!!
Seckbach is my hero <3

and my grandma has a house 2 blocks from Staples. However when she passed away, I hardly ever go over there. I live in the valley. It's my dad's house now, and could be mine down the line. my cousin lives in it right now

and i wouldnthave been over there anyways. those crazy ass people are just that, crazy lol
i'll be at the parade though. not at the coliseum, but where it begins.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
New York (AP) -- The NBA announced today that they will award the Memphis Grizzlies a share of the 2009 NBA Title. Memphis forward Pau Gasol, who was handed to the Lakers on a silver platter -- the same platter that brought LA other great interior players like Chamberlain, Abdul-Jabbar and Shaq --was a key player responsible in the 2009 finals. The Memphis Grizzlies, because of their charity and generosity, will be awarded 20% of the title won by the Lakers in their defeat of the Orlando Magic, 4 games to 1. The city of Memphis announced today that they will host a parade for Pau Gasol since he was able to successfully bring home an NBA title to Memphis... sort of.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
why didnt they give Boston a share > _>

AlJeff is nice, but c'mon

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Celtics actually traded good young pieces to get there championship.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
we traded our then first round pick, rookie Crittenton, and 2 first round draft picks along with Kwame's expiring contract which will allow them to sign some guys

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Al Jeff is better then all of that by himself easily.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Chris wallace needs a ring to for giving gasol away for nothing.

all_star

Reaction score
As much as I dislike the Lakers, they really deserved to win this title. They have one of the best coaches in NBA history and the best player in the league along with a roster full of talent, and the Lakers have improved players that they brought in. The Magic like most other teams, still have to figure out some more things about LA, but they are applauded for their hard work against them. Just a couple dumb moves cost them this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%