2009 NBA Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I saw that mock as well they had tyreke falling all the way to 11. The only mock that is just as worse is the nbadraft.net mock who has minnesota getting tyreke evans and jrue holiday.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
James Johnson and Earl Clark are supposedly very high on the Pistons list.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think James Johnson is gonna be a hell of a defender. The guy has lebron type of size. I believe he is 6'7 257.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Stephen Curry has continued to dominate draft talk, and it's looking like he might go before the Knicks get a chance to take him.

He worked out for the Wizards on Tuesday, and some mock drafts have him going as high as fourth to the Kings.

"It's surprising when Stephen Curry hits the rim," said one league source. "That kid did nothing in my mind to get himself below eight."
Holiday? Jennings? Flynn? Hill?

I really like to see Jennings as our pick, Holiday as a close 2nd or even Flynn. But theres been talk that we're high on Jordan Hill too.

Honestly I wouldnt be mad at any of those picks.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Curry at 4? Oh god no!

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Also...

The Knicks would reportedly take Jordan Hill over Stephen Curry in a heartbeat.

The New York Post has reported that Knicks president Donnie Walsh likes Hill, and feels as though there is a better chance of the forward falling than Curry.

Walsh was scheduled to watch Hill during a solo workout on Tuesday.

"If draft day comes and goes and he's on their roster, it's a very good day for the Knicks," said one NBA GM. "He rebounds, defends, scores, and the key is he can run. Bigs that can run is a requisite in Mike's [D'Antoni's] way of playing."
The more that its talked about the more I like the idea of of drafting Hill, he has alot of upside and is still raw, our weakest spots are F and Center and like it says in the article, Hill can run in our offense, can defend and will get his points.

I still want BJ (I know sounds like a broken record) or Teague, but Hill is now my 3rd choice.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Might as well draft Hill, seeing as Lee might not be there next season.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah Im guessing thats our thought process, and with Curry coming back (in better shape) Hill would be the perfect replacement since he rebounds just as well as Lee.

He's also a very good midrange jump shooter about out to 16 feet, and runs the floor like a guard, so it sounds like a no-brainer pick.

Im on the bandwagon for this one.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If B Jennings went to NY it would be crazy. His game is tailor made for NY.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think James Johnson is gonna be a hell of a defender. The guy has lebron type of size. I believe he is 6'7 257.
Nice, him or Earl Clark needs to be our pick. I really like Earl.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Kings confirm Ricky Rubio is at the practice facility for a physical, to be followed by dinner with Geoff Petrie and Co.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This Dude better be a star or im gonna look back and laugh at this whole ordeal and divaish attitude he is portraying.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
it sucks when your team owns, the draft is a waste
well, it doesnt suck that much :p

The Lakers pick won't play at all next year. We'll probably package it with Farmar and/or Morrison for a decent player. idk just a thought.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cavs need to draft someone who is already pro ready on offense who struggles on D. Mike Brown could teach just about anyone to play D.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
someone on the mavs board who i guess has more time on their hand then me made this chart of the average pick and the most popular pick at our pick in all the mock drafts combined. Terrance Williams is the average pick for us, but Jeff Teague is going to us on 4 of the mocks

Air Frank™

Reaction score
BJ needs to come to wash. dont really know anything bout harden and thats who they have us picking

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sam Amick tweeports that Ricky Rubio will be staying in Sacramento the entire day in order to get those drills in this afternoon and to further meet and greet the Kings personnel this evening. Rubio watched the (predominantly not star-studded) work-out this morning.

Since this all bolsters the surrealness of Rubio's interest in the Kings, it's a good spot to discuss one more theory as to why Rubio's camp has made Sacramento a priority.

We know the hard Rubio math by now. That buy-out will hurt, and NBA rookies make relatively little for four years. Perhaps in our quest to wish Rubio down to No. 4 we are forgetting a beat: the No. 2 pick will make $3.6 million next year. The No. 4 pick will make $2.9 million. In 2010-11, the numbers are $3.9 million and $3.1 million. Over just the first two years of the rookie contract, that's $1.5 million. When Rubio stands to lose a remarkable chunk of change in the buy-out (wherever it ends up), that $1.5 million -- more than $3 million over the four years of the rookie scale contract -- makes a huge difference.

Sacramento's a good fit for Rubio The Player. But there's no doubt Dan Fegan would like to make Sacramento such a good fit the Kings trade with Memphis to get Ricky. Among all teams, it would seem on the surface that Sacramento has the clearest path to the No. 2 pick, what with a high lottery pick of their own, young big men, other picks and a decent expiring contract (Kenny Thomas). Fegan's smart. He knows the situation fully. He knows the best way to get Ricky No. 2 pick money without going to the team picking No. 2 is to make Sacramento -- Petrie, the Maloofs, even Kevin Martin and the fans -- fall head over feet in love with La Pistola.

Maybe this is cynical, or maybe my previous post was too starry-eyed. You decide.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rubio, however, may not be there at No. 4. While it seems clearer that neither the Grizzlies nor the Thunder will select Rubio for themselves, the Minnesota Timberwolves are making a strong play to move up in the draft to get Rubio, according to sources. The Wolves have tried to do it by packaging their three first-round picks (Nos. 6, 18 and 28).

There's also been talk about Minnesota trading Kevin Love to Memphis for the No. 2 pick, a rumor that one source insisted was far-fetched. If that happens, it will have to be a deal that's consummated no earlier than June 28, because the Wolves have to wait a full calendar year to trade Love back to the Grizzlies (Love was traded to Minnesota for O.J. Mayo on the night of the draft last year).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%