2009 NBA Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Word is that Jennings outplayed Holiday in a kings workout.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
With concerns over his strength, shooting and buyout, Ricky Rubio has gone from the consensus number two pick to one of the many wild cards in this year's NBA Draft.

Rubio is not interested in Memphis or Washington and the Thunder appears to be leaning toward selecting James Harden or Stephen Curry. The Kings were thought to be a sure bet but sources in Sacramento tell ESPN that it's far from a lock that they'll pick him if he's still on the board.

Still, Rubio's agent Dan Fegan said the flashy-passing playmaker will remain in the Draft.

Rubio is on his way to the U.S. but it is unlikely he'll participate in a team workout.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rumor has it Curry might be gone before the 8th pick. If that happens who would you like to see Dez? Some mocks I see either have the Knicks picking Holiday or Jennings. Neither would be bad picks IMO. A lot better than Curry. I honestly don't see Curry as anything more than an Eddie House type player at best.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rumor has it Curry might be gone before the 8th pick. If that happens who would you like to see Dez? Some mocks I see either have the Knicks picking Holiday or Jennings. Neither would be bad picks IMO. A lot better than Curry. I honestly don't see Curry as anything more than an Eddie House type player at best.
Yeah Ive seen Curry picked by the Thunder, Washington, and even Golden St.

But If he's gone I think the most realistic pick would be Holiday, but I would like to see Jennings. He would fit our offense perfectly, and he runs the fastbreak better then any PG in the draft IMO.

I would also like to see Jeff Teague, I really think he has the potential to be very special he has a 3pt shot, can get into the lane and take contact and finish. And his playmaking ability isnt where it needs to be yet but he has the potential.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I love Jeff Teague, I've been on board for that for quite some time.

As for Curry, I see Ben Gordon with more ballhandling skills as his peak.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah living in NC, we're force fed to watch Carolina ball so Ive been watching Teague for about twp years and his game really took off this year.

Every game he was the best/most talented player on the floor and is as strong as they come.

I would REALLY like for us to trade down and pick him or just go and take him at 8 since the Bucks and Pacers are interested in him.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Boston really wants to move up. They are looking at rubio,evans. Supposedly they really like reke

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I love Austin Daye

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I heard that casspi dude destroyed daye in a workout.
probably
Daye's not ready yet

he's either gonna end up being a really really nice player one day, or a complete waste.
but i really like him

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This draft is actually going to be fun considering apart from Griffin, every single pick is a crapshoot

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If we pass on Rubio... :headsmack:

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
"Rubio lands in Los Angles today and will begin to evaluate his options regarding who he may work out with. At this point, the Sacramento Kings are the only team that are certain to get a visit. Memphis and Oklahoma City are not on the agenda as of now, and it’s not yet clear whether they will be added." - Jonathan Givony, DraftExpress

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Sacramento Kings are doing their best to convince people that they have Tyreke Evans at the top of their board, even going as far as to tell Evans as much in their workout last week. Most NBA people we speak to believe that this is nothing more than them "blowing smoke" in order to give themselves a backup plan in case Rubio is gone at #2 or #3, and also to "stir the pot" amongst Rubio’s camp.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lol tell me why Tim Legler has the Kings taking Flynn at four..

The ESPN mock drafts have the worst picks lol

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LOL ESPN blows this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%