2009 MLB Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wow again never knew the Jays game was on, Jays winning 7-4 in top of 9th.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol, Vernon ran 4 straight times on a 1 out 3-2 count, and Rolen keeps fouling it.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Matsui hits a 2 out single to center to bring in 2 runs. 7-6. Crap. Come on Frasor, you got this last out.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
STRIKE THREE! JAYS WIN. Hinske(Former Blue Jay) strikes out for the last out. Frassoooor

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
McCoy who is the idiot that blew the game? I went to shower cause I figured we would win it.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rodney is a piece of <Censored>.
Royals are so bad too, typical we would blow this game.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Typical. Also typical of how many runners we left in scoring position.

Grandy28

Victory!!!!
Reaction score
Tigers need to make some moves if they want to hold off Minnesota, I'm not really worried about Chicago although, they are in 2nd place. Minnesota always gets hot in the second half of the season.

RB!

Reaction score
Matt Cain pitched well tonight for the Giants. They beat the Marlins 5-4. The Fish had a late comeback against Brian Wilson, but Wilson was able to hold on for the save. He gave up two runs in the 9th.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
We lost. Sucks, because we cant be losing games because the race is tight for AL Central. We still have 5 more games to play before the break to make things right, and 2 more against KC.

Also, Still cant believe the Phillies beat the Reds 22-1.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Mets at Citifield against the Dodgers. Oh are the Mets going to get it from the media and fans tonight.... lol.

Gonna be on ESPN so I cant wait to watch cuz they are really going to show the Jackie Robinson rotunda because the dodgers are in town.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think this is thread worthy so I'll just post it here
http://tsn.ca/mlb/story/?id=283950
With baseball's trading deadline just over three weeks away, there's already plenty of talk centring around the Toronto Blue Jays and Roy Halladay.

Blue Jays general manager J.P. Ricciardi told both CBS Sportsline and FOX Sports that while the club isn't actively shopping their star pitcher, they are willing to listen to other teams about what could be offered for him.

"We have to see what makes us better," Ricciardi told CBS Sportsline. "Obviously, if people have interest in Roy Halladay, they'd better realize there's a steep price that's going to come with it."

Halladay, 32, is in the second season of a three-year, $40 million contract he signed in 2006. He's making $14.25 million this year and will earn $15.75 million in 2010.

The Blue Jays ace discussed the issue with reporters prior to Tuesday night's game against the Rays in Tampa.

"I want to stay, but I think it's a situation you have to evaluate," Halladay said. "I'm really not at that situation just yet. If something does come up, you weigh your options at that point. I hate to put the cart in front of the horse and start saying 'Do I want to do that?' I think you just evaluate the situations when they come."

TSN Baseball Insider Steve Phillips said wasn't under the impression that Halladay himself had requested a move.

"I don't think this is coming from Roy Halladay, I really don't," Phillips said. "I think he's a classy guy, I think he's happy in Toronto. He wants to win but he wants to win in Toronto."

Phillips also said it was important not to let the situation get blown out of proportion, considering Ricciardi wasn't actively working on trading Halladay.

"Listening to trade proposals and shopping a player around are two very different things," Phillips said.

With what appears to be a shortage of quality starters in the trade market, FOX Sports suggested that the Jays could deal Halladay for a wealth of young talent the same way the Cleveland Indians did when they sent Bartolo Colon to Montreal seven years ago for Grady Sizemore, Cliff Lee and Brandon Phillips.

Phillips said he was skeptical that a move at this time would be beneficial to the Jays.

"It would have to be the perfect deal, the perfect storm of everything coming together, where you get exactly what you want, plugging every hole that you want, getting a premium pitcher back in the starting rotation plus other pieces," Phillips said of a potential trade. "I really don't think that kind of deal is out there, certainly I don't think it's out there in-season. I don't trade Roy Halladay unless it's the perfect deal if I'm the Blue Jays. If you don't have to shed payroll, then you have to try to keep yourself in a position to win. Because if you're going to win, if you trade Halladay, you're going to have to have a guy just like him to compete next year. I keep him. The deals will be there through the trade deadline next year. I don't think I make a move."

The Blue Jays, who dropped three of four in their weekend series against the Yankees, are also slipping out of contention sitting seven games back of the AL East-leading Red Sox and six games back of the Wild Card.

"We have to see what's out there," Ricciardi told FOX Sports. "I'm not saying we're going to shop him. But if something makes sense, we at least have to listen. We're (leaning) more toward listening than we've ever been."

Halladay, who has a no-trade clause, is 10-2 this season with a 2.79 ERA. The 2003 Cy Young Award winner is 141-68 lifetime with the Blue Jays with a career ERA of 3.47.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He'll never be traded, Ricciardi does this every year, and if it happens, I'm not a Jays fan anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%