2009 MLB Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VC15

Reaction score
Where did VC just disappear? Maybe it's cause the Jays lead 8-4.
First of all, the game ended like an hour ago and I didn't even see the comeback win. I wasn't even here yesterday when we hammered your "ace". Second of all, you are never here when the Jays lose, I'm usually here win or lose. Third of all, your scrubby team is about to get swept back to Canada where they belong.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Romero pitching tomorrow. He's pitching a 2.85 ERA. Hitters AVG against him is .248. Was close to a no hitter last start.

http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=460069

Definitely shown his potential and that he's an MLB ready pitcher. He's been our second best pitcher in our rotation and definitely will be in the rotation next year, hopefully McGowan, and Marcum will be back so we have our full rotation. Many people have been saying 2010 is our season with all our pitchers healthy. Heck, even our bullpen is getting injured, Downs is now gone.

BTW, another injury, Richmond is on the 15 day DL with a soar shoulder or something.

VC15

Reaction score
I won't even to be able to watch tomorrow as I have an overnight college orientation. So I may not even know how the game tomorrow goes, but if we can light up Halladay for 3 HR's, tomorrow will be a walk in the park.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I won't even to be able to watch tomorrow as I have an overnight college orientation. So I may not even know how the game tomorrow goes, but if we can light up Halladay for 3 HR's, tomorrow will be a walk in the park.
You didn't "light" up Halladay, it was a tie game when he left.

VC15

Reaction score
We hit 3 HR's off of him, that's bad for "the best pitcher in the AL" injured or not.

Yesterday for Halladay:

7.0 IP 9 H 5 ER 5 R 3 BB 3 K 3 HR

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We hit 3 HR's off of him, that's bad for "the best pitcher in the AL" injured or not.
3 HR which would've been easy outs in the Rogers Center.

VC15

Reaction score
Too bad the game was at glorious New Yankee Stadium instead of the crummy Rogers Center. Two of them were absolute bombs and only one would've maybe been an out.

How does it feel to be 7 GB of us and losing the season series 5-1?

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He still pitched good, and wasn't his best i admit, but he's coming off an injury and still pitching good. What's wrong with the Rogers Center, it's one of my favorite stadiums in the MLB. There is always a game rain or not, the big screen is beautiful, the whole stadium is surrounded by stadiums, there's a nice comfort zone, some great food, lots of giveaways at the game, lots of fun.

RB!

Reaction score
Hey yall, haven't been on in a while. Happy with the Marlins right now.

Currently watching the Rays/Rangers game on ESPN.

RB!

Reaction score
He still pitched good, and wasn't his best i admit, but he's coming off an injury and still pitching good. What's wrong with the Rogers Center, it's one of my favorite stadiums in the MLB. There is always a game rain or not, the big screen is beautiful, the whole stadium is surrounded by stadiums, there's a nice comfort zone, some great food, lots of giveaways at the game, lots of fun.
Well you're definitely bold for sticking up for the Rogers Centre. Of course I have no room to talk, but it's definitely an eye-sore. Day games look pretty bad there and it's got a real "dome-y" look. There are worse ballparks in America (Wrigley, Metrodome, probably LandShark), but Rogers Centre isn't one of my favorites.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
As much as I want the Rays to lose cuz they're in the division, I love Garza.

RB!

Reaction score
As much as I want the Rays to lose cuz they're in the division, I love Garza.
Have you noticed how much he spits? It's pretty funny. In the first, he was spitting like twice between pitches. I can easily tell this because I'm watching the game on ESPNHD.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
nah, but whenever he pitches against the Sox, NESN always shows him in the dugout before the game and in-between innings and he's always got his headphones on and is rocking out lol

RB!

Reaction score
nah, but whenever he pitches against the Sox, NESN always shows him in the dugout before the game and in-between innings and he's always got his headphones on and is rocking out lol
Haha, sounds like he's got quite the personality. Bad play by Cruz there. He should have thrown to third. You're not going to hose Carl Crawford on that one, no matter how good your arm is.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Royals beat the White Sox thankfully, otherwise we would be in trouble, because the White Sox would`ve been only 1.5 back, instead of 2.5. Have the Royals and Indians up next before the break. Hopefully we can win those series, and also, hopefully Inge has some nice games.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Billingsley hit his first career HR <3

right after he gets the All-Star nod, good stuff.
He pitched great, but Broxton was awful. worse game all season.

Dodgers still won though. Loney game winnng HR in the 13th

FPS, to Citi we go!
and it looks like we miss Johan again!
YES!

RB!

Reaction score
Billingsley hit his first career HR <3

right after he gets the All-Star nod, good stuff.
He pitched great, but Broxton was awful. worse game all season.

Dodgers still won though. Loney game winnng HR in the 13th

FPS, to Citi we go!
and it looks like we miss Johan again!
YES!
It's a good time to play the Mets right now. WOW, do they have a bad team out there right now or what? If they don't get some of these people back soon, then their chances of winning the NL East could be in jeopardy.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Time to win a series for once. Pelfrey, Opez, and Livan. I actually like that trio especially Pelfrey who was lights out his last start.

1 piece of the puzzle back with Opez. Only Reyes, Delgado, Beltran, Putz, and Maine to go.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Heres an update for the future Dodger killer

Wheres Mexi

Madison Bumgarner in AA

6-1, 1.70 ERA, 53.0 IP, 8 starts, 9 games, 10 ER, 1 HR, 43 Ks, 1.02 WHIP

Hes a K pitcher and has to get his power going but thats ^ beast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%