2009 MLB Playoffs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol @ the comments...

If you told me the Yanks will take 2/3 in Philly, I'd tell you not to bother playing b/c I'd be ecstatic with that.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Pedro's cenderella story is about to strike midnight. His time has come and the Yankees are going to get to him this time. Like I said before, I think DJ has a big game tomorrow.

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
I really want to see a game 7, and maybe Cliff Lee.

VC15

Reaction score
I really want to see a game 7, and maybe Cliff Lee.
You won't see either.

And Whisper, the Phillies pissed on your Dodgers, Lee has been the only thing keeping us from sweeping the Filthies.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol, it's okay. I know the hate and taking on the burden of a "bought" championship. Difference being that my fav' teams have never had to have a $200million payroll to get a shot at a championship.

and lmfao @ your sig. Not only did you quote yourself, but now you think you're part of the Yankees. -smh-

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
You won't see either.

And Whisper, the Phillies pissed on your Dodgers, Lee has been the only thing keeping us from sweeping the Filthies.
I couldn't give a <Censored> what you think

Everything Turns To Nothing .
Reaction score
I'd love to see what he says if Philly does come back to win...

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Cant we just all get along and hug? This wouldnt happen if Maple were around more.....

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Peter Gammons.

aw, never fails.

"I'm not worried about Pedro. He'll be fine. I'm more worried about Andy. He hasnt pitched on less than 5 days rest in almost 2 months"

he makes some points and i agree with him saying the phils win game 6, but i just love gammons :D

VC15

Reaction score
Peter Gammons.

aw, never fails.

"I'm not worried about Pedro. He'll be fine. I'm more worried about Andy. He hasnt pitched on less than 5 days rest in almost 2 months"

he makes some points and i agree with him saying the phils win game 6, but i just love gammons :D
Gammons is the biggest Roid Sux fan you will ever find. You should have seen the look on his old, droopy and crusted face when the Yankees tied the season series with the Sux, clinched the AL East and when the Sux got swept by the Angels.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Gammons is the biggest Roid Sux fan you will ever find. You should have seen the look on his old, droopy and crusted face when the Yankees tied the season series with the Sux, clinched the AL East and when the Sux got swept by the Angels.
And you represent Yankee fans well, arrogant people who don't know anything about the MLB outside of New York.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they didn't cut away to Gammons and his reaction for any of those moments, but that's, really, besides the point.

How does that saying go? You know, the one about glass houses and stones.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
anyways......

i really really really hope Philly wins tonight.
i want a game 7!

GO PEDRO!

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And you represent Yankee fans well, arrogant people who don't know anything about the MLB outside of New York.
lmao I like how you use my quote and turn it.

For the record: I in no way, shape, or form agree with DH's manor in expressing his 'fanmanship', nor do I appreciate being lumped together with him as a Yankee fan.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
can someone explain to me these NY/Philly papers?

i've been wondering this for a while.
NY, Philly, i think Boston maybe, have like full page gigantic headlines with a big picture saying stuff like this before a game, after the game, etc.

i this like a special paper or something?

they dont do this stuff in L.A.
looks like the cover of a magazine

we just have a regular newspaper

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Usually the back cover is reserved for sports, and depending on the paper, may or may not be in color.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%