2009 Burning Questions

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Backing up your answers with argument is highly encouraged.

Code:
[b]1. Who has another job first: Marvin Harrison, Deuce McAllister, Chris McAlister or Michael Vick?[/b]

[b]2. Dallas better off w/o T.O. or is Buffalo better with T.O.?[/b]

[b]3. Does the economy hurt NFL attendance in the same way it has MLB?[/b]

[b]4. 2009's version of the Miami Dolphins are...?[/b]

[b]5. Best NFL team on paper?[/b]

[b]6. Better rookie season: Stafford or Sanchez?[/b]

[b]7. Better veteran season: Brady or Manning?[/b]

[b]8. Top rusher: LT or AP?[/b]

[b]9. First head coach fired?[/b]

[b]10. Best NFL team on the field?[/b]

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
1. Who has another job first: Marvin Harrison, Deuce McAllister, Chris McAlister or Michael Vick?

Harrison, someone wants him

2. Dallas better off w/o T.O. or is Buffalo better with T.O.?

im gonna say without but he scores alot of touchdowns

3. Does the economy hurt NFL attendance in the same way it has MLB?

no, nfl is way bigger than baseball generally

4. 2009's version of the Miami Dolphins are...?

who cares

5. Best NFL team on paper?

Eagles got stacked in the offseason

6. Better rookie season: Stafford or Sanchez?

sanchez has better players around him

7. Better veteran season: Brady or Manning?

manning, brady can suck it

8. Top rusher: LT or AP?

neither

9. First head coach fired?

marvin lewis

10. Best NFL team on the field?

Eagles

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
1. Who has another job first: Marvin Harrison, Deuce McAllister, Chris McAlister or Michael Vick? I'm gonna go with Marvin Harrison. He is a hall of fame receiver with the ability to get it done whether he's your #2 or #3. I think his football IQ and ability to teach some of the youngsters on a team how to play right will land him a job before the season starts.

2. Dallas better off w/o T.O. or is Buffalo better with T.O.? Buffalo is better with T.O. Thing is, I don't think Dallas is going to make the playoffs whether they had him or now that they don't. As for Buffalo, I see them making the playoffs with a high powered offense with a great back in Lynch and a good QB in Edwards and a dangerous tandem in Evans and Owens.

3. Does the economy hurt NFL attendance in the same way it has MLB? I don't think so. The NFL only has 8 home games a year, compared to the 81 in the MLB.

4. 2009's version of the Miami Dolphins are...? I'm gonna go off a limb and say New York. I think Sanchez is going to have a great career and a great year on his way to the ROTY Award as well as a playoff birth possibly.

5. Best NFL team on paper? Steelers? Bias? Who cares?

6. Better rookie season: Stafford or Sanchez? Sanchez. No way Stafford starts off good on that team. He will have a decent career at least, but not right away. As for Sanzhez, I see him leading New York to the playoff hunt.

7. Better veteran season: Brady or Manning? Manning. Anyone coming off a knee injury like that won't be the same. He;s going to be cautious with every throw whether you want to think that or not.

8. Top rusher: LT or AP? AP. LT is on the decline, while AP s on the rise. I see AP having a MVP season, while LT will barely break 1k if he even does.

9. First head coach fired? Marvin Lewis.

10. Best NFL team on the field? Miami Dolphins? These guys are horrible on paper, but they got it done last year. Why can't they this year?

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
1. Who has another job first: Marvin Harrison, Deuce McAllister, Chris McAlister or Michael Vick?

Marvin Harrison. He's the only one who doesn't have some issue. Deuce is rehabbing, McAllister is rehabbing, and we all know about Vick.

Buffalo is better with TO. He is normally well behaved in year 1, and nomatter what people say, the guy is a hell of a WR.

No, NFL has a bigger fan base and doesn't have 30942 games.

Jags, last season was a fluke. They'll be back. Browns will be decent also.

New England, they seem to be stacked everywhere. Also, I think Philly looks good on paper, but I just don't see that team having lots of chemistry.

Sanchez, he has better guys around him, besides CJ of course. IDK how much either of them will play though.

Manning, Brady hasn't played since week 1 of last season.

AP, aka "AD"

I'll give you two, Dick Jauron or Tom Cable. Maybe Marvin Lewis, but he's been on that list for a while now. Will they ever do it?!?!

New England, check above.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Though I'd like to think we don't have any weaknesses...that would be too naive of me, even as a die-hard New Englander.

There are two particular holes that scare me. Defensiveback and outside linebacker. Adalius Thomas will do a more than capable job at OLB, but the problem with that is he can only cover one side. After trading away Vrabel, that leaves us with two other OLBs that spent almost all of last season on the shelf (Shawn Crable and Pierre Woods). Even if they played, these guys aren't anything to write home about.

I don't even want to think about the secondary. I honestly probably couldn't tell you anyone there outside of Merriweather. Also, I think Maroney needs to step his game up to take some pressure off of Brady or he'll be in trouble.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I am going with Chris McAlister. We hear Vick is hiring trainers, Harrison still wants to play, Deuce is working out...but I see a bigger need around the league for a veteran DB. I think McAlister can still be an effective corner when healthy, or better yet, make the Rod Woodson-like switch to Safety.

Buffalo is better with T.O. Dallas will always have constant media hype surrounding the team and we all know how many playmakers are already in place. Buffalo is an area that needs the media attention and Owens will definitely give those fans some much needed time in the spotlight. T.O. added into that offense instantly makes Trent Edwards and Lee Evans better. The guy may be a distraction on a ton of levels but you can't deny his ability to still make plays.

Like it has already been pointed out, 8 home games in football & games come once a week. I still expect sell outs where games are typically sold out.

Kansas City Chiefs. Some excellent additions to their roster, new leadership and a new direction. Very exciting young, new talent has been drafted & I like the mix of crafty veterans Pioli has brought in. Things are looking so bright in KC that even LJ suddenly wants to stay.

Still the Minnesota Vikings. On paper...they have a disgusting pass rush, 2 solid corners, perhaps the best left guard & left tackle combo in the league...oh...and Adrian Peterson. Bernard Berrian under-achieved last season but perhaps Sidney Rice can finally stay healthy and emerge...and Percy Harvin certainly won't hurt that offense. I like another season under Tarvaris' belt & if he cant, Sage Rosenfels seems to be smart enough to go out there & make good decisions with the football.

Matt Stafford. Stafford goes first but Sanchez carries all the hype. I am sorry but even though Sanchez is playing on the better team, I like Calvin Johnson & Bryant Johnson over Jerricho Cotchery & Chansi Stuckey.

They will both have another set of phenomenal seasons, regardless of Brady's 2008 injury, but I will go with Manning. The Colts rely on Manning's offense to produce more than the Patriots rely on Brady. I still think New England is the more well rounded team & if Indianapolis can't produce through the air, they don't win.

Adrian Peterson was just behind, ahead him and will now blow him away. San Diego is also becoming more productive through the arm of Rivers.

Jack Del Rio. The Jaguars have steadily declined, chemistry was all off last season. After making a lot of personnel moves this off-season, there's only 1 more major move to make if the Jags can't win in 2009.

Pittsburgh Steelers. You want to be the best, you gotta beat the best. I don't know how the Eagles acquiring a tackle & drafting Jeremy Maclin suddenly makes them the best team in the NFL...Indianapolis looks like the same team...and New England actually has something to prove this season.

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
Marvin Harrison

Buffalo better with

Yes, it think it will.

Houston Texans

New England Patriots

Stafford

Brady

AP

Marvin Lewis or Jack Del Rio

New England Patriots

Air Frank™

Reaction score
1. Who has another job first: Marvin Harrison, Deuce McAllister, Chris McAlister or Michael Vick?Harrison.haves a good attitude and can still play.

2. Dallas better off w/o T.O. or is Buffalo better with T.O.?Buffalo.

3. Does the economy hurt NFL attendance in the same way it has MLB?Yes.People dont want to buy tickets and spend gas driving to the game.

4. 2009's version of the Miami Dolphins are...?Detroit

5. Best NFL team on paper?New England

6. Better rookie season: Stafford or Sanchez?Stafford

7. Better veteran season: Brady or Manning?Brady

8. Top rusher: LT or AP?AP

9. First head coach fired?The Raiders Coach

10. Best NFL team on the field?Ravens

Matt_a_91

Reaction score

probably deuce for a backup job somewhere

I think Dallas got the better half, they will run the ball more with no TO crying for the ball

not really, nfl is more exciting imo

Kansas City, Pioli knows his stuff

Patriots baby

Both arent NFL ready but i will say Sanchez because he has a better shot at starting

Brady..im bias

AP easily

Jack Del Rio

Pats

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Either Harrison or Vick, probably Harrison since he could sign right now if he wanted to

Buffalo better with TO.

No, people will go to football games regardless, only 16 games.

I don't think anyone will that much of dramatic change, and those of you picking the Chiefs for this.. Think of what Cassell had in New England to work with and how they won 11 games, and look at what he has now, Chiefs wont get close to 11 wins.

New England Patrots as long as Brady is playing

Sanchez

Tom Brady

Adrian Peterson

Who ever coaches the Raiders

New England Patriots

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
1. Who has another job first: Marvin Harrison, Deuce McAllister, Chris McAlister or Michael Vick? Hard But Yea it's either Harrison or Michael Vick, Deuce Is a washed out 30 Year Old Running Back, that's headed in some Shaun Alexander Footsteps. And Chris same thing, I believe he will find a job but not as a starting 1/2 Corner. As Marvin I think someone is going to need him, He's still got something in his he may can't do what he used to do but He'll go somewhere, And Vick, Some GM is probably even going to take a shot at him, "Mike Vick Isn't the Only Criminal in the League Just the Most Famous"

Buffalo Better with T.O., Yea T.O. does gets on all our nerves but you can't blame all of what happened last year On Him J.J. Has to take some credit for it too, First you bring in Pac-Man and you watch Him get in trouble again then this then that,

I don't think so, Quote me if I'm wrong but isn't the NFL the most popular sport in America? Yea well you won't see much of a difference

I don't know about Chiefs, You trade away the Player that was going to be Cassell's Primary target and expect him to have the same kind of season he did last year? gimmie some more time on this one

I'm not really sure, if Tommy can come back to full 100% Maybe it is the Pats.

Sanchez, it seems like he's going to be starting since day 1, while on the otherhand, Stafford won't be starting till like week 6/7?

Brady. He's got the tool's.

LaDainia....Nah, It's Adrian, He runs like a monster..Just need to fix that fumbling problem and he's all set, watch out Emmit.

Marvin Lewis. No comment.

Steelers, just a big unstoppable force when on the field

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
the eagles got two starters on the line plus maclin, mccoy, sean jones, ellis hobbs

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
the eagles got two starters on the line plus maclin, mccoy, sean jones, ellis hobbs
Maclin & McCoy haven't proved jack in the NFL yet & that offense still revolves around Brian Westbrook touching the ball 40 times a game to win. Westbrook is a phenomenal player but has health issues every single season. Jason Peters was a good pick-up but I refuse to believe that defense is improved at all. Brian Dawkins was the heart & soul of that defense & all Sean Jones has done is under-achieve since being drafted in the 1st round. Ellis Hobbs isn't even going to start.

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
^Everything he said but he beat me to it.

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Harrison should get a job very soon. He is still a decent receiver and a ton of teams out there need a receiver. Also with this line of experience, a team with young wide outs could use his insight.

I believe Dallas might be better off then last year, but TO should do wonders in Buffalo. He takes that offense to new heights. Now Lee Evans doesn't have to worry about double teams and it should take some pressure off of Marshawn Lynch.

It should make a minor dent, but nothing as big as the MLB. There are only 8 home games a year, instead of 80 something like in baseball. Plus going to a football game is a bit more exciting and harder to push off

The Chiefs should be able to get some wins with a real QB this year. (No offensive to Thigpin)

Most likely the Pats. I mean if Brady does come back perfectly, they are nearly the same team that dominant the league two years ago.

Sanchez. I wouldn't be surprised to Stafford only take about 10-20 snaps this year. After Harrington they won't rush him out there. Also the Jets are pretty set outside the QB position, so not as much pressure on Sanchez.

Manning. You don't just come off of a major injury like Brady's without missing a step, and Manning is coming off of an MVP season.

AP. As much as I hate to see a Sooner succeed, he is a beast. As long as he stays healthy he is the best RB in the league.

Jack Del Rio. I believe the Jags think they have all the pieces together, so if they start to lose, they use Del Rio for an escape.

Pittsburgh Steelers. They have proven game in and game out that they are the toughest team in the league. They don't win pretty but they win. And in the end that's all that matters.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Maclin & McCoy haven't proved jack in the NFL yet & that offense still revolves around Brian Westbrook touching the ball 40 times a game to win. Westbrook is a phenomenal player but has health issues every single season. Jason Peters was a good pick-up but I refuse to believe that defense is improved at all. Brian Dawkins was the heart & soul of that defense & all Sean Jones has done is under-achieve since being drafted in the 1st round. Ellis Hobbs isn't even going to start.
Pretty sure that it has already been reported that Sean Jones will NOT be starting for the Eagles.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm gonna go in a different direction, Peters was a terrible pickup. The Eagles are a pass first team, and that guy couldn't stop my grandmother from getting to the QB.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
damn-you must have one tough grammy LOL j/k

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
i know i dont even like hobbs, i just threw him in, joselio hanson is the 3rd corner, the eagles defense was rocking people late last year, their blitz was unreal, im not saying this because im biased either, i know westbrook is the team, but if mccoy steps up then westbrook wont have to take so many hits

and ya peters is a bit of a fat plug, hes no runyan or thomas but he shoud be sufficient better than winston justice that waste of a pick POS

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
Pittsburgh Steelers. They have proven game in and game out that they are the toughest team in the league. They don't win pretty but they win. And in the end that's all that matters.
well the eagles beat them and sacked cheeseburger 10 times...just sayin :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%