~*~*2009-2010 NBA Season Thread*~*~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mexi & anyone else who watched the game. Did you notice Westbrook was making a big emphasis on trying to be a playmaker tonight? It's as if he feels threatened about the Maynor trade lol. He didn't do such a bad job either. 13 Assists? ooo wee.

EL12

Reaction score
Mexi & anyone else who watched the game. Did you notice Westbrook was making a big emphasis on trying to be a playmaker tonight? It's as if he feels threatened about the Maynor trade lol. He didn't do such a bad job either. 13 Assists? ooo wee.
we all know that westbrooks problem isint playmaking, but he turns the ball around too much..

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No comment on your hyperizing lol

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Paul Pierce out a couple weeks with a knee injury

Knee problem sidelines Paul Pierce

By A. Sherrod Blakely
CSNNE.com

ORLANDO, Fla. — The Boston Celtics have a veteran team that needs its rest, but this is not what Celtics coach Doc Rivers had in mind.

A day after "strategically" resting Kevin Garnett, it looks like Paul Pierce will miss some games as well.

CSNNE.com has learned that Pierce has a knee infection that required a medical procedure, which is expected to sideline him for a couple weeks.

Danny Ainge, Boston's president of basketball operations, confirmed Pierce's injury Wednesday afternoon.

"Obviously, Paul has been such an important part of our success," Ainge said. "But I look at this as an opportunity for others to step up."

Bill Walker, who has played well for the Maine Red Claws of the NBA's Developmental League, was recalled on Wednesday and will replace Pierce on the C's active roster.

It's unclear if Walker will play on Christmas Day against Orlando, but a team official confirmed that the 6-foot-6 forward is expected to join the team here in Orlando. Earlier, Ainge said Walker will definitely be with the team during their three games on the West Coast, beginning Sunday against the Los Angeles Clippers.

Team owner Wyc Grousbeck told CSNNE.com that Pierce began feeling discomfort in the knee after Tuesday's win over Indiana. Grousbeck described the problem as an infection that required drainage, but said he wouldn't describe it as surgery.

"He had the knee rinsed and irrigated, and it will require some antibiotics," Grousbeck said. "It's nothing major at all, but it will take some time to come back from."

The loss of Pierce could not have come at worse time.

Boston (22-5) has won 13 of its last 14 games, which is impressive.

But none of the teams the C's have beaten would be considered among the NBA's elite except for a San Antonio team that's off to an unusually slow start.

That's why Boston's Christmas game against Orlando is so important.

The first time these two played on Nov. 20, Orlando won 83-78 at the Garden. Although there have been a number of important games played by the C's since then, there was a sense that Boston had this Christmas Day battle circled on its calendar.

It's the Celts' first real shot during this impressive stretch of play, to prove they could indeed beat one of the NBA's elite teams.

Of Boston's five losses this season, three (Orlando, Atlanta, Phoenix) were to teams considered NBA title contenders. The Celtics' lone impressive win was a season-opening 95-89 victory over a Cleveland club that was still learning how to mesh with one another.

So now the much-anticipated battle between Orlando and Boston for Eastern Conference supremacy, has indeed lost some of its sizzle.

But if you think the C's are just going to show up, even without the Captain, think again.

"Who knows what's going to happen?" Ainge said. "That's why you play the games. The good news is that we know we're getting Paul back and he'll be fine. This is a great chance for a lot of guys who haven't gotten as much time as I know they want, to play. I think we'll be fine."

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I hear Boston's coming out with new Pierce jerseys

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cavs and Kings went into OT. Big Z hit 3 straight 3s in the same spot to give the Cavs the win.. Tryeke Evans lit us up for 3 quarters, then went 1-7 when we put LeBron on him.

Cavs win in OT by 13 lol, Kings didnt even score.

Kings played a real good game until OT.

EL12

Reaction score
Cavs and Kings went into OT. Big Z hit 3 straight 3s in the same spot to give the Cavs the win.. Tryeke Evans lit us up for 3 quarters, then went 1-7 when we put LeBron on him.

Cavs win in OT by 13 lol, Kings didnt even score.

Kings played a real good game until OT.
now im proud of big z cause hes from my country ...sike just kiddin still hatin on cavs... but kings really deserved a win they outhustled cavs all the nite ... thought it was funny to see how tyreke tryed to own lebron with that multiple drible in 4th

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He was trying to hard to get a highlight on LeBron. He actually had a nice move on him but then air balled a 4 foot hook shot to finish it. He kept trying to go one on one with him and it failed every time.

EL12

Reaction score
He was trying to hard to get a highlight on LeBron. He actually had a nice move on him but then air balled a 4 foot hook shot to finish it. He kept trying to go one on one with him and it failed every time.
yeah that move was nice i guess some kind of dreamshake or some like that :D ... but think it this way, if a team cant put any guard to stop him, and has to put forward as big and strong and fast as lebron, that means tyreke is a offensive threat, even for best teams... and notice that much average or scrub teams wont hawe player like lebron to put on him ...

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No doubt he is a real good player, already a star as a rookie but he has to trust his team mates more. He didn't look to pass at all down the stretch, while LeBron assisted on 2 of Big Z's 3s at the end of the game.
Tyreke has tunnel vision, which is why he can't be a PG in the NBA.

And damn.. LeBron had 34/16/10 tonight. Didn't even seem like it.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
oh Z

even I was screaming at those 3's lol

good stuff

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
finally Christmas

hopefully Ron does work on Bron

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't really know what to expect lol. Cavs have been good vs the teams we need to beat but extremely sluggish vs the average/bad teams. And the Lakers are better then us. Going to need some spectacular numbers from Bron and a great shooting night from Mo. He hurt his knee today too..

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lakers will probably lose, watch

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Delonte will be known as the Kobe stopper after Christmas :p

I just don't want to see any Shannon Brown highlight dunks, most likely means we're in a blow out if that happens.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
im glad the clippers are on ESPN on Christmas

that team is straight up comedy.
i always find myself laughing watching them play.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why are they even on ESPN? lol

Should have gone with Kings vs Thunder or something like that.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
clippers/suns!

could be a good game
but it will be a suns blowout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%