The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I want to see the Giants whoop up on the Dodgers THATS what I wanna see

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
giants still have bengie molina hitting cleanup?

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
PHOENIX -- Right-hander Edwin Jackson and the Arizona Diamondbacks agreed to a $13.35 million, two-year deal, avoiding an arbitration hearing.

Arizona announced the deal Sunday.

Jackson went 13-9 with a 3.62 ERA in 33 starts for the Tigers last season, making his first All-Star team. He was acquired in a three-team deal in December that also moved All-Star center fielder Curtis Granderson from Detroit to the New York Yankees.

Jackson gets an $800,000 signing bonus and a $4.2 million salary this season. He is slated to earn $8.35 million next year.

The 26-year-old Jackson is 38-39 with a 4.66 ERA in 139 career games over seven seasons with the Los Angeles Dodgers, Tampa Bay and Detroit.

Jackson, who earned $2.3 million last year, had asked for $6.25 million in arbitration while the Diamondbacks offered $4.6 million when the sides exchanged figures.

Jackson's deal leaves seven players still in arbitration, with hearings scheduled through Friday.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
MILWAUKEE -- The agent for left-hander Mark Mulder refuted reports that the former All-Star had decided to retire, but a former teammate spoke with Mulder on Monday and confirmed that he's "done."

That former teammate was Oakland A's infielder Eric Chavez, who spoke via telephone with Mulder after reports began swirling that Mulder, who has been dogged by a shoulder injury since 2006, was calling it a career instead of attempting another comeback.

Chavez can relate to Mulder's difficult decision. Chavez has been limited to 121 games over the past three seasons by back and shoulder injuries.

"I know one thing for sure was that if Mark didn't feel right, he wasn't going to come back," Chavez said. "He wanted to come back 100 percent and didn't want to suffer like he has been the last couple of years. Once you've played a game at a certain level and dominated, it becomes a lot tougher to come back. You want to tap into your abilities and know you can still perform well. He wasn't going to do it if he knew he couldn't be successful and contribute.

"It must have been a really hard decision, especially considering how short his career was. I can definitely relate to what he's been going through, and I know how hard it is to weigh all the factors and decide if it's worth it to go through with everything."

Milwaukee television station TMJ-4 first reported on Sunday that Mulder planned to hang up his spikes. But on Monday, agent Gregg Clifton said Mulder hasn't made a decision.

"Mark has not decided to retire," Clifton wrote in an e-mail to MLB.com. "He is reassessing his options in his efforts to come back."

In separate comments to the San Francisco Chronicle, Clifton said, "I'm not saying Mark won't [retire]. But he has not made any decision."

Mulder, 32, was the American League Cy Young Award runner-up in 2001, and an All-Star in '03 and '04. He has been limited to six appearances since '06 because of rotator cuff woes and didn't pitch at all in '09.

Brewers officials, including Peterson, met with Mulder in Arizona in early January and later extended him a Minor League offer with an invitation to big league camp. But he was slow to respond, leaving club officials to wonder about his commitment to a comeback. Then came Sunday's report that Mulder was to retire.

"It doesn't surprise me," Peterson said. "He really had to think about whether he wanted to go through this."

Peterson worked with Mulder as recently as last summer on correcting some flaws in his delivery. Mulder has another backer in Brewers manager Ken Macha, another former Oakland colleague.

"I would feel really bad about that [if Mulder retired]," Macha said. "He was a good person and a pretty darn good pitcher for me in Oakland. He's too young to call it a career."

The second overall pick in the 1998 Draft, Mulder is 103-60 with a 4.18 ERA in parts of nine seasons with the A's and Cardinals. He won at least 15 games in five consecutive seasons from 2001-05, four of those working with Peterson in Oakland. In '05, Mulder went 16-8 with a 3.64 ERA in 32 starts with the Cardinals, but he was limited to 17 starts the following season as shoulder injuries derailed his career.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
FOX Sports - The Tigers have exchanged proposals with free-agent outfielder Johnny Damon, according to FOX Sports.

A major league source indicated late Monday that there is only a small difference of opinion regarding what Damon's salary should be.

Despite the exchanging of numbers, the source said that an agreement is not yet imminent.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And to think weeks ago he said he was prepared to sign with a team in less than a week

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Damon in the old english D very soon :]

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
^chisox making a push

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Indians offering a contract to Russell Branyan lol

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I highly doubt Illitch and Dumbrowski will let the White Sux outbid us.
chicago made a new offer

i think it might be preference for Damon

White Sox are in a better position to win right now

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
chicago made a new offer

i think it might be preference for Damon
We offered him 7 million for 2 years, Chicago previously offered 4 million for one year I believe.

I highly doubt they offered the 7 million over 2 years we did.

Plus Damon said he wants to play here, if he was using that to get more interest from other teams so be it, but still.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
^good call rip
Take back previous tweet: #WhiteSox did not make second offer. Original offer stands and is not thought to be as high as Tigers'.
ken rosenthal

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Twins are going to run way with the AL Central this year imo. But who knows, always seems to change, such a weird division.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Apparently, Eric Gagne worked out for the Rockies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%