2008 NBA Playoffs 3rd Round Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pops, Barry, and Duncan all agreed on the no-call.
you guys got to give props to the Lakers. They played a great game.
but if you're gonna continue b-tching about the refs, at least be consistent. There were enough no calls/bad calls in the game that crying over one call just wont cut it

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well, I didn't get to watch the whole game so I cant comment on other calls/non-calls, and no doubt the Lakers obviously played well to win in San Antonio, still though, that was a foul.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I thought you guys already knew, playoffs or not, ref's don't call those fouls at the end of games. Now it's just up to San Antonio to either show why they're the reigning champs, or let Stern have what he wants with a Lakers/Celtics final :)

And personally... for one time only, I'm going with Stern.

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You and Mexi have avoided saying "its was a foul" or, "it wasn't a foul". Do lakers fans think it was a foul or not?

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It was a foul.
Plain and simple it was, but just like the TNT crew said, Brent didn't sell it. Even if it was called it would have only been two FT's because it was on the floor; and if he were to make them it would have only been a tie game. Then who knows what happens from there. But even before that, this wouldn't have even be a discussion if the refs been consistent, the Spurs shouldn't have even had that chance at that last play. Fisher's last shot DID hit the rim yet the 24 clock did not reset forcing the Lakers to take that quick shot, and even after that, what is with that bogus goaltending call on Odom's block? CLEARLY not a goaltend right there.

The foul calls have been going the Spurs way the entire game and yet the Lakers continued to outplay them refusing to sit down. Even Pop and the TNT crew said it, it was a good no-call, and the Lakers just outplayed them, they deserved to win.

Waits for Lakers fans to say "a smart play by Fisher"...
C'mon CC, satirical or not, I know that you're not this stupid. Lakers stand point or not how in what way would that have ever been a "smart play." It was just a dumb decision by Barry. Like Barry said, Fisher disrupted the play by switching and getting in his face, so he had to make a quick decision, he got Fisher in the air, but instead of jumping to actually get the call, he decides to put the ball on the floor. It's a call that not even Kobe gets at the end of games.

And Celtics over Lakers in a classic 7 games...
I'm going to go with this... only because you've been wrong for most of the playoffs when pertaining to the Lakers. ;)

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It was a foul.
Plain and simple it was, but just like the TNT crew said, Brent didn't sell it. Even if it was called it would have only been two FT's because it was on the floor; and if he were to make them it would have only been a tie game. Then who knows what happens from there. But even before that, this wouldn't have even be a discussion if the refs been consistent, the Spurs shouldn't have even had that chance at that last play. Fisher's last shot DID hit the rim yet the 24 clock did not reset forcing the Lakers to take that quick shot, and even after that, what is with that bogus goaltending call on Odom's block? CLEARLY not a goaltend right there.

The foul calls have been going the Spurs way the entire game and yet the Lakers continued to outplay them refusing to sit down. Even Pop and the TNT crew said it, it was a good no-call, and the Lakers just outplayed them, they deserved to win.

C'mon CC, satirical or not, I know that you're not this stupid. Lakers stand point or not how in what way would that have ever been a "smart play." It was just a dumb decision by Barry. Like Barry said, Fisher disrupted the play by switching and getting in his face, so he had to make a quick decision, he got Fisher in the air, but instead of jumping to actually get the call, he decides to put the ball on the floor. It's a call that not even Kobe gets at the end of games.

I'm going to go with this... only because you've been wrong for most of the playoffs when pertaining to the Lakers. ;)
I can't believe we can talk about how a Spurs player didn't sell the foul. That truly blows my mind.

But I agree with the point about how the Lakers were getting screwed at the end of the game. I personally thought that Kobe was fouled before the play that Parker took it down the floor. Also that was a clean block by Odom, and the Fisher shot skimmed the rim. So the refs don't calling that foul is really a good way of saying, you really didn't deserve to be in this game.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
yeah, everyhting balanced out.
Spurs got all the calls that game

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well the thing I saw, is that Fisher should of been called for a foul, but not a shooting foul. Barry dribbled after the contact, then shot. Dribbling rules out continuation.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
yeah. it was a foul, but you know....

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea, refs can't call them all. But that would of been an important one.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Amost game time!
we can do the impossible and reach the Finals!

well, it was impossible preseason

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I hope the Lakers win it all now. I detest Detroit AND Boston.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
How dare you. Boston all the way!

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
WTF was up with Sasha shooting that 3 at the very end?

Classless...

steven64

Reaction score
They should of called that a foul I was upset they didn't.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
WTF was up with Sasha shooting that 3 at the very end?

Classless...
lol someone's pissed
he had to do something with the ball at the end. the shotclock was gonna expire before the game clok did.
yeah he could have thrown it, but its always more fun to shoot.

oh well who cares. THE LAKERS ARE IN THE FINALS B*TCH!!!!!!!!!!

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well I hope Kobe...."breaks a leg." ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%