Detroit > Philadelphia In 6
Orlando > Toronto In 6
Cleveland > Washington In 6

Los Angles > Denver In 7
New Orleans > Dallas In 6
Utah > Houston In 6
San Antonio < Phoenix In 7
Hawks getting swept? Hmm.

The Hawks are going to be scary now. They are a young and very talented team, and they've been needing a PG. Bibby can still play very well and he fits their system pretty good. They'll make the playoffs, and it might be possible for them to upset a team. I think their record will see a big improvement next season. Bibby will be a good mentor for Acie Law too. Now I think they need to acquire a defensive Center so that the can let Horford dominate PF's and let Smith be a SF at times.

-Torres-

The Truth
Reaction score
they aren't good enough to win against the Celtics, or the Pistons, but if they had some how got to play another team besides those two, they might have been able to do something.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Then why you going to sweep if they are a good team?

-Torres-

The Truth
Reaction score
The HAwks are pretty good now, but they're not on the Celtics level. They might show up and win and win a game one night, but no more than that. I think the C's will sweep them will b/c I think the C's are the best team in the league, but me n u can argue that later, when are teams play eachother.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The HAwks are pretty good now, but they're not on the Celtics level. They might show up and win and win a game one night, but no more than that. I think the C's will sweep them will b/c I think the C's are the best team in the league, but me n u can argue that later, when are teams play eachother.
I give every team atleast one win, the Hawks might win one. But the thing that make me laugh is in bold(up top).

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
EAST

Boston Celtics> Atlanta Hawks in 5

Detroit Pistons>Philadelphia 76ers in 5

Orlando Magic>Toronto Raptors in 6

Cleveland Cavaliers>Washington Wizards in 6

WEST

Los Angeles Lakers>Denver Nuggets in 5

New Orleans Hornets >Dallas Mavericks in 6

San Antonio Spurs<Phoenix Suns in 7

Utah Jazz>Houston Rockets in 6

I give atleast every team one game, but I do think the C's,Pistons, and Lakers could sweep.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I give every team atleast one win, the Hawks might win one. But the thing that make me laugh is in bold(up top).
I don't get it...sure the playoffs are where it counts but last time I checked the playoffs weren't even played, let alone finished. That being said, to determine "the best team in the league" one would logically look to a team's overall record, no? And if one were to do that it would be determined that the Boston Celtics are, in fact, the best team in the league.

kdogg

The original #SpartanDawg
Reaction score
Celtics > Hawks in 5
Pistons > Sixers in 5
Magic > Raptors in 7
Wizards > Cavs in 6

Lakers > Nuggets in 6
Hornets > Mavs in 7
Spurs > Suns in 7
Rockets > Jazz in 7

highlight_reel

Reaction score
Let me get mine in... nice to see you all, etc.

Anyways... here we are:

WEST:
Lakers vs. Nuggets: Lakers in 5
Hornets vs. Mavericks: Hornets in 5 (you read right)
Spurs vs. Suns: Suns in 7
Jazz vs. Rockets: Rockets in 7

Lakers vs. Rockets: Rockets in 6
Hornets vs. Suns: Suns in 5

Rockets vs. Suns: Rockets in 6

EAST:
Celtics vs. Hawks: Celtics in 4
Pistons vs. Sixers: Pistons in 6 (Sixers might give Pistons a bit of a hard time here)
Magic vs. Raptors: Orlando in 5
Cleveland vs. Washington: Washington in 7

Celtics vs. Washington: Washington in 7
Pistons vs. Magic: Magic in 6

Magic vs. Washington: Magic in 6

FINALS:
Rockets vs. Orlando: Orlando in 6

---------------------------------------
Forgive me for posting all my predictions in the 1st round thread, but I can't guarantee you how often I'll be here. So I just wanted to show you guys how much I think out of the box, as most of you already knew I did.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rockets in the Finals?

highlight_reel

Reaction score
Think I'm crazy, eh? This is HR for you... remember me, lol?

What's going to happen is that the Rockets are going to beat Kobe. McGrady will go crazy against Kobe, I think, and the Rockets are going to be hungrier than the majority of the Lakers. Pau Gasol is not a playoff player. Odom is iffy. HOWEVER, Alston will be back by then, giving Fisher a tough time. Bobby Jackson, a veteran, will also give Farmar and Vujajic a run for their money.

highlight_reel

Reaction score
I don't get it...sure the playoffs are where it counts but last time I checked the playoffs weren't even played, let alone finished. That being said, to determine "the best team in the league" one would logically look to a team's overall record, no? And if one were to do that it would be determined that the Boston Celtics are, in fact, the best team in the league.
Depends on how you look at it Baggs... you could call for inferior competition. You could also do it based on who won last year, the Spurs. You could look at it many ways, because I currently believe the Lakers are the best team in the league. They've had more to deal with, and they survived. Second comes the Spurs, for obvious reasons. Stats matter, but I believe we have to look into other things.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Think I'm crazy, eh? This is HR for you... remember me, lol?

What's going to happen is that the Rockets are going to beat Kobe. McGrady will go crazy against Kobe, I think, and the Rockets are going to be hungrier than the majority of the Lakers. Pau Gasol is not a playoff player. Odom is iffy. HOWEVER, Alston will be back by then, giving Fisher a tough time. Bobby Jackson, a veteran, will also give Farmar and Vujajic a run for their money.
if Utah steals one game in Houston, its over for them
lol last time i checked Tmac isnt a playoff performer either
he's gonna put too much pressure on himself to try to get out of the first round and fail
Utah has a much better team than Houston

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Depends on how you look at it Baggs... you could call for inferior competition. You could also do it based on who won last year, the Spurs. You could look at it many ways, because I currently believe the Lakers are the best team in the league. They've had more to deal with, and they survived. Second comes the Spurs, for obvious reasons. Stats matter, but I believe we have to look into other things.
lol i agree with what you said about LA and SA
but to be fair, Boston was 25-5 vs. the West this season

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol at everyone hating on Mavs.

highlight_reel

Reaction score
if Utah steals one game in Houston, its over for them
lol last time i checked Tmac isnt a playoff performer either
he's gonna put too much pressure on himself to try to get out of the first round and fail
Utah has a much better team than Houston
I agree. But if Houston wins vs. Utah, the sky's the limit. I can almost guarantee you that. I think T-Mac, though, has taken a little bit of pressure off of himself this year.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ok you think that. But I'll go with the experienced reliable veteran over the young guy making his playoff debut no matter how great he is. Look at Lebron in his first playoffs.

Plus the Mavs have more overall depth then Hornets, and everyone has been click lately.

Not to mention that New Orleans is 0-11 all-time in Dallas :)

highlight_reel

Reaction score
Ok you think that. But I'll go with the experienced reliable veteran over the young guy making his playoff debut no matter how great he is. Look at Lebron in his first playoffs.

Plus the Mavs have more overall depth then Hornets, and everyone has been click lately.

Not to mention that New Orleans is 0-11 all-time in Dallas :)
Fine, but LeBron made it to the finals. Remember that. (second time around, but still...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%