2008 NBA Draft Lottery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdogg

The original #SpartanDawg
Reaction score
isnt jeffery at illinois? somewhere like that
Yeah, he does go to Illinois and from the games I saw he didn't get a lot of minutes in his freshman year.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
AFF I know you would wanna see this.....

The Heat are reportedly thinking about taking Mayo with the number 2 pick.

LINK

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
:eek: I would be soooo happy if they do.

I don't like Mayo much, and most people have the Grizz taking him.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It looks like he'll end up anywhere from 2 to 6. The only way the Heat will take him is if Rose is off the board. So that means T'Wolves could end up with Beasley....

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea, that would be interesting. I also hear that DeAndre Jordan (according to GMs) will not drop clear down to 14. They said that a big guy with that amount of talent will not fall that far. (Grizzlies will work him out at #5, Knicks at #6, a few others as well. The lowest being #11)

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea, that would be interesting. I also hear that DeAndre Jordan (according to GMs) will not drop clear down to 14. They said that a big guy with that amount of talent will not fall that far. (Grizzlies will work him out at #5, Knicks at #6, a few others as well. The lowest being #11)
Im not to sold on Jordan, he didnt show me too much when I watched him play at A&M. I know about the upside he has, but still not impressed with his game, it seems like it would take a long time to develop him.

I have no idea what the Knicks plan to do with our pick. Ive seen that we;ve been shopping it and Randolph around, the Sixers are said to be interested in Randolph. But if we do decide to trade the pick, I hope we get some young talent in return...

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea...and the GMs said that DeAndre could be a let down, but with as much talent as he has, they don't see him falling far.

76ers should try to get Randolph, no idea who they would give up. Maybe Evans, Carney...etc.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea...and the GMs said that DeAndre could be a let down, but with as much talent as he has, they don't see him falling far.

76ers should try to get Randolph, no idea who they would give up. Maybe Evans, Carney...etc.

I know we are high on Dalembert, not sure if the 76ers are interested in trading him, but I doubt the Knicks would settle for a deal unless it involved him.

But in the mock drafts Ive seen, the Grizzlies are looking at taking Love (via draftexpress) and Anthony Randolph (via nbadraft.net) They also both have the Knicks picking up OJ....FINGERS ARE CROSSED

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I wanted the Grizz to get Lopez, but they fell to far. :( They still need a big guy though.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
who needs a big guy when you have Kwame Brown? lol

Grizz should take Anthony Randolph if he's there. yeah he's raw, but he has some MAD potential

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Who does Seattle get? Go for a PG or a Big Man?

I hear they are eyeing Bayless.

AirForceFlash_3

MLB Co-Comish/FSU Class of 2014!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Haha Mayo to us? That is such a smokescreen. Also, this from the Sun-Sentinel debunks all these rumors:

As long as Bulls Executive Vice President John Paxson pushes the notion that his team will draft Rose, it leaves him in control of the draft. There also is something to be said about Chicago simply selecting Rose and calling it a day. That said, a source Wednesday said Michael Beasley to the Bulls and Rose to the Heat might already have been agreed to by the parties involved, reducing this next month to rhetoric.
Right now, who knows what is going to happen. I'll be happy with either Rose or Beasley, heck a trade down and get a guy like Bayless or Mayo (if he can play PG). So many options, that's the reason you hear all these rumors, Riley trying to play some magic. Once the #2 pick comes around at the end of June, then I'll talk seriously about our pick.

bulls12

Reaction score
I'm going to be pissed if the Bulls take Rose. Michael Beasley would easily fill their real need.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
who needs a big guy when you have Kwame Brown? lol

Grizz should take Anthony Randolph if he's there. yeah he's raw, but he has some MAD potential
That wouldn't be too bad.

Who does Seattle get? Go for a PG or a Big Man?

I hear they are eyeing Bayless.
Yea, I think thats who they will pick. Then their later 1st rounder will be a big.

I'm going to be pissed if the Bulls take Rose. Michael Beasley would easily fill their real need.
Eh...either way, they will get a terrific player who can come in and help out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%