Status
Not open for further replies.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It is time to vote for the top 5 players at every position. Alot has changed in the last season so this should make for great discussion. Please try and vote for the best player and don't be a homer! I'll leave the polls open for about a day or so and after that we'll carry on to the #3 PG and so on. I will more than likely add more players as we go since you can only add 20 at a time.

REMEMBER this is based on who is the best player, not the player who has the potential to be the best

2011 TOP 5 C RANKINGS
1) Dwight Howard
2)
3)
4)
5)

2011 TOP 5 PF RANKINGS
1) Dirk Nowitzki
2) Amar'e Stoudemire
3) Pau Gasol
4) Kevin Love
5) Zach Randolph

2011 TOP 5 SF RANKINGS
1) Lebron James
2) Kevin Durant
3) Carmelo Anthony
4) Rudy Gay
5) Paul Pierce

2011 TOP 5 SG RANKINGS
1) Dwyane Wade
2) Kobe Bryant
3) Joe Johnson
4) Monta Ellis
5) Eric Gordon

2011 TOP 5 PG RANKINGS
1) Chris Paul
2) Deron Williams
3) Derrick Rose
4) Rajon Rondo
5) Steve Nash

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bynum is my first choice, but he can't stay healthy which hurts his stock. The next guy I'd probably put on the list is Bogut, who also has had some problems staying healthy.

So yeah, Bynum.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Went with Bynum.
But I don't think he upholds #2 this season, I'm real high on Cousins.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
toss up for a weak number two. i went with bynum though. the rest of the list will be mehhhhh

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Meh...

Bynum, Horford, Noah, Bogut are all pretty much on the same level.
I don't think so.

Bynum and Bogut are 2 and 3 easily in my eyes.

You could argue that Horford and Noah are both playing out of position (Horford especially is) at C. Noah still doesn't have much of an offensive game outside of hustle plays, and you can see that both get a good amount of their shots blocked. I want to say Noah and Horford are both 12% of higher with getting their shots blocked and Howard, Bynum, and Bogut are all below 9%.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
dwight, bynum, bogut are the one/two/three. i do agree about horford playing out of position. but either way, the talent gap in the five is crazy. you could even make a case about marc gasol being in the top five, imo.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
dwight, bynum, bogut are the one/two/three. i do agree about horford playing out of position. but either way, the talent gap in the five is crazy. you could even make a case about marc gasol being in the top five, imo.
You could make a argument for a number of the guys on this list.

I honestly think after the top 3 it's just a toss up, almost pointless to rank them.

Though we're going to do it anyway lol

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i cant put horford over bynum because i dont see him as a real five. hes even come out and said he doesnt want to play the five lol

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Al Jefferson.

I know he's out of position, but so are a bunch of other guys on this list like Horford, Noah, Nene, Lopez, Monroe, Bargnani, etc.

I think he's the #2 scorer, look at the teams that Andrea and Brook play for. He's also as consistent as they come. #4 in ppg, #3 in rpg, a very solid 1.9 BPG - and he's still transitioning to being a full time center and has been bulking up and playing at 280. His defensive stats are pretty good on 82games.com too in terms of limiting his opponent to 18 pp48 (dwight is at 15, Perkins is at 18 with him for comparison).

He is the most likely to take over a game from anyone on this list EASILY.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Al Jefferson.

I know he's out of position, but so are a bunch of other guys on this list like Horford, Noah, Nene, Lopez, Monroe, Bargnani, etc.

I think he's the #2 scorer, look at the teams that Andrea and Brook play for. He's also as consistent as they come. #4 in ppg, #3 in rpg, a very solid 1.9 BPG - and he's still transitioning to being a full time center and has been bulking up and playing at 280. His defensive stats are pretty good on 82games.com too in terms of limiting his opponent to 18 pp48 (dwight is at 15, Perkins is at 18 with him for comparison).

He is the most likely to take over a game from anyone on this list EASILY.
This. Al Jefferson is being slept on so bad in this thread. The fact that dudes didn't even mention him with any of Al Horford, Andrew Bogut, Joakim Noah, or Marc Gasol is a travesty. He's better than every single one of those guys.

If Bynum could every stay healthy this would be an easy decision but he can't so it's Jefferson.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
My view on Big Al is that people confuse someone who is a good rebounder with someone who is a good defender. That is the case with Jefferson. He's a big dude and isn't in the best shape, and it's more than obvious he values his offensive game way more than his defensive game. He's slow on the defensive end (doesn't move across the paint well, slow in his rotations, couple this with lack of effort and that has bad written all over it). Not only is he slow in his rotations, but he goes to the wrong area a good bit too. I don't know how many Jazz games I saw last season when Jefferson just left the weakside open for backdoor plays and such.

Last season the Jazz averaged 11 LESS points per 100 possessions with Jefferson off the floor rather than on the floor, this has been a trend that has followed him everywhere he goes. That 11 point differential is the biggest in the league. He's special offensively as a pure big, maybe better than anyone on this list, but he really isn't a good ball to man defender or a off ball defender.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
im really surprised bynum is leading by a wide margin
there was a time on here where everyone except me hated him lol

im really happy to see him get some respect. but if you feel his injuries should not have him 1st, i could live with it.
he was relatively healthy this past season and was a monster defensively.

we have arrived to the point where he is underrated instead of overrated

if i didnt vote for him, Al Horford gets my vote

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Both the Al's are interchangeable at 3-4 IMO.
The fact they are playing out of position kind of hurts their stock for me.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
to be honest. i didnt even realize alJeff was on the list lol. yes, im a huge fan of his. he'd probably get my number three vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%