Bryant: I'd Go To Italy For $50M

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From realgm.com
Lakers' guard Kobe Bryant claims that he would consider playing in Italy for $50 million a year when he becomes a free agent next season, according to The Orange County Register.

"I'd go. I'd probably go," Bryant said when asked by a reporter if he would think about playing in Europe for an outrageous contract. "Like Milan or something like that, where I grew up."

Bryant's claim seems a little more substantial than that of LeBron James, who also claims he'd play overseas for $50 million a year, if only because of Bryant's history in Europe.

He spent a majority of his childhood in Italy while his father Joe was playing professional ball overseas.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeeeaaa...I bet he would.... :huh2:

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
Plus, hes also been in the league for a while already, so why not? But idk, I still see both LeBron and Kobe finishing their basketball careers in the NBA.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
So do I, but they'd come back no matter what...

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't care how much $50-million in Euros is worth. Bottom line is that the Kobe's and LeBron's make more than enough money in the NBA, plus endorsements, and I cannot ever see a scenario where they leave the United States spotlight to play in another country.

And again...David Stern would never let that happen. He would restructure the NBA's rules on salary before he let 2 of the biggest stars in the game get away.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And again...David Stern would never let that happen. He would restructure the NBA's rules on salary before he let 2 of the biggest stars in the game get away.
It's a bit contradictory though, no? We can take some of their biggest or brightest talents but they can't do the same?

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
By 50 million they mean 50 million in US dollars...

If they want to make the jump, Stern CAN'T stop them.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think that if either Kobe or Lebron were to jump, the most likely one to do it would be Kobe IMO. Kobe is not the NBA's golden child, and plus Kobe was raised in Italy. And he seems more certain then Lebron when asked the question about making the move, Lebron was more like, meh, maybe. I'll consider. Kobe's like if I was offered that much I would do it

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's a bit contradictory though, no? We can take some of their biggest or brightest talents but they can't do the same?
Isn't that how our country is? We can have nuclear power but nobody else can...etc...?

Either way, the day will never come where Kobe Bryant or LeBron James leave the United States for Europe. By both of them saying on record that they would "consider it" is just like somebody asking me if I would ever transfer from the Army and go into the Navy. I can't ever say "never" b/c anything is possible but I know that the chances of that happening are about the same as the chances of hell freezing over.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
If you got offered 50 million to play basketball in Italy, would you do it?

I think we all know the answer...

.loggie

Reaction score
if you wouldnt go to italy for that kind of money your insane. its not like hed finish his career there, and itd be almost like how david beckham came to the USA. hed get more than enough media coverage and would bring more popularity there

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If he did that it would tarnish his legacy a lil bit in my eyes. I just cant see kobe leavin the nba he's too competitive.

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
If he did that it would tarnish his legacy a lil bit in my eyes. I just cant see kobe leavin the nba he's too competitive.
I agree, that's probably the main reason why Kobe would stay. He constantly wants to be playing against the best of the best.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Some people would argue some European leagues are BETTER than the NBA...

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Meh i feel like NBA is the best league. No european league is fukkin with the nba in my opinion.Some are better than the ncaa yea but not the nba just my opinion.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd go anywhere to play for $50 million a year. That's a LOT of money.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Euro leagues are tougher, more physical, you get away with more. He'd have fun there, I can see Kobe going there when he's almost done in the NBA, hell I could see others leaving too. If the money is right and you don't need to be in the NBA anymore why the hell not. Sht why not go now? I doubt Kobe goes within the next 5 years but still I think more and more will start going.

Oh, and I would go play there fo sure!

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pugz you would play for your local ymca team sheesh we know you would lol jk.

My thing is that hurts his legacy if he wants to be considered the GOAT.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yes I would, I'd play for full coverage insurance and some food lol.

He'd be fine, hell he could play 20 years in the NBA and go there and win 4 more champioships in say 5/6 years then retire come back here and coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%