• No

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
This past year he averaged 18.7ppg, 11.8rpg, 1.9bpg. He has shown flashes of being a dominant big man. When he is motivated and willing to play, practically no one can stop him in the league.

Andrew Bynum does it his way by taking 3 point shots and stating he will continue to do so, he is indifferent about staying with the Lakers or not, he didnt show up to a meeting with Mitch Kupchak, and his lack of regard for the head coach.

Would you build around him?

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Andrew Bynum the player is a top 5-10 player in the league.

But I wouldn't risk my job building around him.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If I had the right coach in place I would.

SaintFan25

#JK25
Reaction score
He has too much attitude to build a team around. As cheato said, if I had the right coach then I probably would, if not then nope.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If I had the right coach in place I would.
I say the same, need a coach to keep him in line, if you dont have that you get the Bynum of this year.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
get him out of LA, get a good coaching staff around him, then i would.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Would I take the chance on it? Yes

Would I play hardball with him? Yes

Would he listen to me if he wants to succeed in the NBA? Yes

He'd either listen up or ride the bench. I'll tell you that much. If he doesn't, he can sit until he gets traded. Otherwise, he spends the years of his contract away from the team.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's plenty talented enough to build around. But as cheato said, definitely would need the right coaching to keep him in check.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I wouldnt build around him. He is a great talent, no doubt about that. But he doesnt have the right mindset and attitude to build a championship team as the face of the franchise. He is so indifferent towards everyone else in the organization that it creates a cancer within the locker room.

The most puzzling thing about all this is that Kobe Bryant is the leader of the team, the voice, and face of the franchise. The team goes as Kobe goes, and yet Kobe cant even keep Bynum in check. So what does that tell you if he wont listen to one of the greatest players of all-time, why would he listen to some random coach?

There are only a handful of coaches who command big time respect. Pop, Doc, and maybe Sloan if he comes back. Bynum even dismissed Kareems knowledge and help towards him. WTF? Really?

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
No. Even if you ignore all the red flags over his immaturity, you also have to look at his injury history and say that this isn't a guy that you can build a team around.

Rice18

I'm emotionally vested in me.
Reaction score
I am iffy.

Yes if he can prove that he can mature.
No if he doesn't.

Quite simple.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%